PDA

View Full Version : fbgame - path to revelation

AntiChrist7
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
anyone knows how it works? it says the artefact is in a market but i cant move on the map.

and yeah i red the instructions a bit too fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

sticks165
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
you have to double click on the market

eagleforlife1
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have a link to this? I can't find it on Facebook.

Evan52395
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Aren't we supposed to get hints to guide us somewhat? I feel like I'm about to guess but I don't want to screw up and have to wait till tomorrow to try again...

EDIT: eagleforlife1, here. (http://apps.facebook.com/pathtorevelations/?installed=true#access_token=AAACF7NRiZCc0BAH4uQcS EgVCZB3Hqosoy2v6THeTY75ZBdZCkqzMXO8kBX26bFSe1cs2ZB oor4fEzqpkgZC7AQ4ePLdtWIYE4fQ7KngDoEBaZCa6RIdbqfR&expires_in=89370&code=AQDYLrF1MXFRASX69C002ReXMUOXjZ107vMF5TjYMe7gd ZGoK-zC0Jd_2C1K7V_SOCYYjfkf_9VzPJAZ06ZLMplnG3wUDJMJ-gqrT9V4cH7U-rp7lj3-7Df7XLuQ5QI1IJmhdx6IotfsgajKuRBY6WaC_5cPNU3HLosnea gs0UEjLfHNtypTuEzL4UqqCseTYqs)

eagleforlife1
10-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks Evan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

sticks165
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
i guessed on the first one and it was the market at the bottom

Evan52395
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sticks165:
i guessed on the first one and it was the market at the bottom
Yeah, same. The hints are displayed when you press the Assassin symbol at the top, there. But only one hint is there.. Not sure how to get more http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

sticks165
10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
i think you have to wait a few minutes to get more

Evan52395
10-27-2011, 02:05 PM
i think you have to wait a few minutes to get more
Yeah, after a few mins, I pressed on another location and it gave me a hint, but now I've done enough for one day...

EDIT: I seee, you get a hint every time you search and fail.

twenty_glyphs
10-27-2011, 02:32 PM
I searched a building and failed and got a hint. Then I searched it again hoping for a new hint, but got the artifact. Apparently you can be right about what building an artifact is in but still fail your search.

I'm glad they released something like this, but it's not explained nearly well enough. There's help text when you first start, but you have no clue what it means until you start playing. But once you start playing, there are no instructions whatsoever and no way to even see the original ones. It's not obvious that you can click and drag to move the map. I'm also not sure how many Action Points it takes to move between buildings. Apparently double-clicking a building will eat up AP and move you there, then it costs 1 AP every time you search that building. It seems that each search will give you a random hint, and 3 hints for the same item should be enough to pinpoint the building that item is in without guessing. The help text says that there are 3 types of each building, but only one of them has an artifact. I believe the intro text said your AP will regenerate each day, but that's not very descriptive. Will it regenerate at midnight? Twenty-four hours after I first started playing? Is there a cap? Is there any way to level up and get more?

Having said my criticism, I'm really glad this came out. Anything to help learn more about the game and/or story and pass the time for the next three weeks is appreciated. I'm also interested to see what kind of stuff this will unlock in Revelations.

YHHTQ
10-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I liked Project Legacy from the moment I started playing it, but this one so far plain sucks.

I wish Ubisoft - or whoever is responsable for their FB apps - got their s**t together and updated Project Legacy.

RzaRecta357
10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I hope they don't can Legacy. It's awesome. But I don't get this. There's no AP meter or what? How long till we can play again.

eagleforlife1
10-28-2011, 12:19 AM
I have found the first artefact but I haven't received a new hint for the next artefact. Does this come automatically or do I have to somehow find the next hint?

Yoshack Fyre84
10-28-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope this isn't the end of Project Legacy. This "Path to Revelations" isn't nearly as involved or interesting as Project Legacy was, I hope that changes. I wish this were announced in a big way rather than being a secret, I could have been playing this for weeks already, instead I have catching up to do now. I've never been so excited for a game sequel in my life. I'll be buying the Ultimate Bundle from Gamestop for sure, since apparently no other retailer will carry even the Signature Edition for some reason. I have a $20 Amazon discount I was hoping to use but all they or Best Buy have is the regular edition. Gamestop is going to make some money off this one.

eagleforlife1
10-28-2011, 12:33 AM
It only came out yesterday.

Edit: Oh, and I agree that Project Legacy is better.

AntiChrist7
10-28-2011, 12:54 AM
ah you have to doubleclick, thankx.

i went on luck for a market, and got the artefact. with it was a videolink for a short clip with gabe

i went to searh all the markets, next hint is that the sword of altair is in an aquaduct.

but yeah, i liked PL more, unless they expand this drasticly

eagleforlife1
10-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
i went to searh all the markets, next hint is that the sword of altair is in an aquaduct.

I don't understand why didn't I get this hint?

KuldarYldrad
10-28-2011, 03:03 AM
I don't get how AP are generated.

For the moment it's less fun than Project Legacy. :-\

eagleforlife1
10-28-2011, 03:43 AM
^ I don't either. There is no way to know how much AP you actually have either.

Chronomancy
10-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Ew, Facebook.

kosmoscreed
10-28-2011, 03:55 AM
I think the AP is the number near the shadow silhouette in the HUB. For some reason I'm getting points without doing anything, I wasted all my AP and got 124 point, some hours after that I still don't have AP, can't do anything but have 142 points.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Black_Widow9
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll try to get some more information. Thanks for your Feedback. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bipolar Matt
10-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Will this game have unlockables linked to ACR?

dex3108
10-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Game is buged or it is simple stupid. I had 10AP i searched 3 buildings and suddenly i have 0 APs. And when i click on building it ask me do i want to spend 1 AP. So i need to wait tomorrow to play it again.

twenty_glyphs
10-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
Game is buged or it is simple stupid. I had 10AP i searched 3 buildings and suddenly i have 0 APs. And when i click on building it ask me do i want to spend 1 AP. So i need to wait tomorrow to play it again.

I think it's just simply stupid. I had 12 AP replenish today, and got a free hint as well when I first started. I think it took 3 AP to travel to a building, then 1 to search, which found an artifact. I then knew exactly which building to hit next due to my clues. When I double-clicked on that building, my remaining 8 AP were suddenly all gone and I didn't have even 1 to search with. Whoever designed this game needs to take a starter course on game design, because it's ridiculous that you don't even know how many AP it's going to take to travel to any building. Everyone knows that people love to play games where they don't even know the rules! So after all that, I guess I spent about 4 minutes playing the "game" today and more than that venting about it on the forums. Who seriously thinks it's a good experience to design a gimmick game that you can only play for 4 minutes a day? To top that off, part of this thing apparently relies on an unreleased iPhone game that's coming who knows when.

Project Legacy was a great start at a Facebook game for this brand. The play time was limited, but allowed the player to actually do something about it by leveling up. On top of that, it was story-based and had lots of interesting tidbits that hinted at bigger things in the AC universe. Why can't they just update that with upgraded gameplay and new stories? Reading stories is much more interesting than clicking on icons on a map.

eagleforlife1
10-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Well said twenty-glyphs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

AdmiralPerry
10-29-2011, 06:44 AM
I think I figured out how it sort of works. Kind of like Project Legacy, you gain more AP by leveling up. The AP is the number on the lower right, that has a picture of a person running. AP is regenerated every 24 hours from the time you started to play. AP is linked to searching buildings, definitely. It's also linked to your travel. If you travel two squares, it costs two AP. If you travel eight squares, it costs eight AP. That's why you don't want to go making any sudden jumps across the map (not that you could anyway). That's what's eating up your AP. When I move, I try to move no more than three squares at a time. I'm also tackling buildings that are relatively easy to get to, depending on my location, so I'm not making any drastic jumps. I agree the system is a bit broken, but you'll save yourself a lot of frustration once you realize how the AP works.

dex3108
10-29-2011, 06:53 AM
But where is point to play game 1 minute and than wait 24 hours? There should be more ways to regenerate AP.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
But where is point to play game 1 minute and than wait 24 hours? There should be more ways to regenerate AP.

Indeed. I'm not the biggest FB games expert but this one is by far the most ******ed app I've seen thus far. A disappointment after the awesomeness of Project Legacy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

dex3108
10-29-2011, 07:26 AM
I am also not asking that they put 20 hour game on FB because generally i hate FB games, but i play AC FB games because i like AC games. This should keep me occupied until game is released but only thing that this game managed to do is irritate me.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 07:28 AM
What I don't understand is WHY they would invest time and resources into a brand NEW game, instead of revamping Project Legacy. DDS v2.0 is overdue.

eagleforlife1
10-30-2011, 03:37 AM
I still have 1 AP left and I am not allowed to move one space toward the location of the next artefact. Seriously what is going on? The AP regeneration system is ridiculous!

Bipolar Matt
10-30-2011, 08:05 AM
The interface itself is broken. I click on an artifact and nothing happens. Have to re-load my browser. Ugh.

metallicadan
10-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I literally clicked once today and it used up all of my AP. I now have to wait another 24 hours for 4 seconds of playing.

Fun...?

Jexx21
10-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I can't even get it to work so I can play it.

YHHTQ
10-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I can't even get it to work so I can play it.

Same here. Again - and apologies for repeating myself - I just hate it. Terrible, terrible app. Only have one clue to discover where the hell the first relic is located; Can't even gather enough AP to move around.

Dejan507
10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Seems like im the only one who likes it.
I managed to get one artifact each day so far and it's kinda simple and fun, just don't take it too seriously like Project Legacy

lucifero2114
10-30-2011, 09:28 PM
only found 2 so far:

1st artefact is damascus steel ''dagger''
located in ~market next to aqueduct
~market is east of a cistern
gives ~behind the scenes video

4th artefact is ''templar robe''
located in ~templar camp near a mosque
~mosque is next to a forge
gives ~bombs artwork

please someone make a thread for a detailed guide for us completionists....at least let us know if the location n hints are random

pxltrix
10-31-2011, 04:41 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Revelations:_Path_to_Revelations

eagleforlife1
10-31-2011, 05:04 AM
Managed to move once today before being told that I am too tired to move anymore. All of 5 seconds of gameplay. Got some bomb artwork.

marachien
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
hmm seem to be getting AP at set points I've had some 3 times today...

LightRey
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by marachien:
Don't they regenerate every day? I think they're just regenerating exactly 24h after you've spent them.

YHHTQ
10-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marachien:
Don't they regenerate every day? I think they're just regenerating exactly 24h after you've spent them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is unfortunately the case; So bloody boring. :\

LightRey
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marachien:
Don't they regenerate every day? I think they're just regenerating exactly 24h after you've spent them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is unfortunately the case; So bloody boring. :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it's kinda pointless (no pun intended).

eagleforlife1
10-31-2011, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Yeah, it's kinda pointless (no pun intended). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not pointless you get exclusive content for AC Revelations by doing this. I do know what you mean though.

YHHTQ
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

Yeah, it's kinda pointless (no pun intended). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not pointless you get exclusive content for AC Revelations by doing this. I do know what you mean though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has it been confirmed by Ubi Montreal that we'll be able to access exclusive in Revelations by playing this game...?! I assume it should be obvious but I haven't heard any official word.

LightRey
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
Has it been confirmed by Ubi Montreal that we'll be able to access exclusive in Revelations by playing this game...?! I assume it should be obvious but I haven't heard any official word.
The rewards are videos and concept art. I believe that's the extra content he's referring to.

YHHTQ
10-31-2011, 02:09 PM
The rewards are videos and concept art. I believe that's the extra content he's referring to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lame and disappointing; I LOVED to walk around through ROMA wearing the venitian cape, the venitian wine robes and the venetian falchion. Such awesome unlockable.

eagleforlife1
10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
The rewards are videos and concept art. I believe that's the extra content he's referring to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a statement saying 'unlock exclusive Assassin's Creed Revelations content'. I assumed that it meant in-game content but I suppose they could have been more specific.

YHHTQ
10-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

There was a statement saying 'unlock exclusive Assassin's Creed Revelations content'. MY interpretation of that is in-game content but I suppose they could be more specific. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a link for that?

marachien
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Don't they regenerate every day? I think they're just regenerating exactly 24h after you've spent them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> no I mean I've had them given to me today rather than at the normal 24 hours.

LightRey
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by marachien:
Don't they regenerate every day? I think they're just regenerating exactly 24h after you've spent them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> no I mean I've had them given to me today rather than at the normal 24 hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but I think they were given at intervals, because you spent them at those intervals the day before.

lucifero2114
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
heya ******s!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the unlockable rewards include QR code(s) for exclusive content in revelations

though the assassins wiki refer its for the moblie phone version only, but i dun seem to find this comment anywhere else.....??

do your research b4 posting sh*@%t
you makes me laugh har har

LightRey
10-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by lucifero2114:
censored
Swearing is against the rules.

lucifero2114
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM

lets talk about moral values shall we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i take it you were raised in a strict family, sir??

InfectedNation
10-31-2011, 04:46 PM

lets talk about moral values shall we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i take it you were raised in a strict family, sir?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an all ages forum, and you probably shouldn't have addressed everyone here as "******s" either.

LightRey
10-31-2011, 04:46 PM

Not at all. My parents did very little to discipline me (not that they really had to). You're insulting people, that is wrong and I get to tell you because the rules say so.

YHHTQ
10-31-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lucifero2114:

Not at all. My parents did very little to discipline me (not that they really had to). You're insulting people, that is wrong and I get to tell you because the rules say so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason, I want to see Lost right now... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bipolar Matt
10-31-2011, 07:28 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co..._Path_to_Revelations (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Revelations:_Path_to_Revelation s)

Exact quote:
According to Gabe Graziani, QR codes are hidden throughout the game which will unlock additional content in the Assassin's Creed: Revelations mobile game.

Nothing about the console versions of AC:R.

lucifero2114
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
again, you're quoting from the wiki.....
not even in the video found from the game says wt the QR codes are for clearly....so where does that info come from???

i'd certainly hope it'd be more bonus for the console ver. but QR codes really work that way??
or just scanned by smart phones???

just curious, are there forum rules againt ******ed posts??

eagleforlife1
11-01-2011, 03:30 AM
My AP hasn't regenerated today and I am pretty sure that I played at before this time yesterday. I also haven't been given a new hint.

Mr_Shade
11-01-2011, 06:12 AM
just curious, are there forum rules againt ******ed posts?? There are rules about attacking other members though - enjoy your time out.

JoshuaColes2
11-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Where is my AP, it has not regenerated today D: very disappointed with Ubisoft on this game I like the idea of searching for artifacts and i didnt mind loosing AP in project legacy but the AP system on this is shocking and i know a few people have asked but what does this game reward you with apart from the satisfaction of finding the artfacts? do you get bonuses in revelations? if so in what, multiplayer? campaign? or a new mode not yet discussed, thanks 15/11/11 (> (>

Evan52395
11-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lucifero2114:
just curious, are there forum rules againt ******ed posts?? There are rules about attacking other members though - enjoy your time out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

My AP hasn't regenerated today either. I wonder what's going on...

sticks165
11-01-2011, 04:30 PM
hey my AP just regenerated and i got a new hint

LightRey
11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
hey my AP just regenerated and i got a new hint
I think I'm actually losing hints. It's kinda weird.

ChaosxNetwork
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I got all my AP today no problem, now I am up to four artifacts found http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Though how do I get these "Special" artifacts from an App or something?

Jexx21
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't even play the game, the page just restarts automatically every 3 seconds.

LightRey
11-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I can't even play the game, the page just restarts automatically every 3 seconds.
Have you tried updating flash?

twenty_glyphs
11-02-2011, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Have you tried updating flash? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This game is built in HTML, CSS and JavaScript and doesn't use any Flash. A weird reloading issue may be some quirk of Facebook. I've developed for Facebook before, and it has some major issues.

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Yea, I had this issue with facebook before, with that singing contest. I couldn't like anything, so I couldn't vote for it.

S-Glen
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
There's an Assassins Creed Revelations app for the Iphone connected to the facebook game that scans the QR codes but ive no idea how to find them. The app has the same name as the facebook game.

Serrachio
11-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I have to say, this game was not thought out well.

AntiChrist7
11-30-2011, 04:19 AM
the game is terminated, so i hope they are finally going to do something with project legacy. howeve rin the encyclopediae it says "project legacy is on hold due to security issues"

So i dont really know what we can expect, cause yeah this game was pretty bad. PL with the new chapters, and integretad with the meditarrenaen thingie would be nice