PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen

blackbear72_002
08-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone, I originally bought this game online from Steam, BIG mistake 5 days and no response from them. Problem is I start the game get to the splash screen press PLAY and all I get is a black screen with vertical colored lines. I talked with Ubisoft techs. uninstalled and reinstalled game 5 times. Even went into the files and manually deleted all traces of the game files. then reinstalled ...no change. Finally I went up to Game Stop and bought a hard copy..... Same problem. I have installed up to date drivers for the MoBo, and video card also Direct X. I just rebuilt my computer with high end pieces, Gigabyte MB 1366 socket, Geforce GTX 460 1 G video card, Intel i7 960 3.20 Ghz CPU. I had originally been able to get on the game for 35-40 minutes I lowered the resolution one notch and BAM black screen. I don't know what to do. Help! Gary

KingDaniel0
08-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by blackbear72_002:
I had originally been able to get on the game for 35-40 minutes I lowered the resolution one notch and BAM black screen. I don't know what to do. Help! Gary

You told that you were able to play this Game before, but when you Lowered down the Screen RES, you got a Black Screen ? Are you selecting a Supported Screen Resolution and Refresh Rate/Hz value, because we can also get a Black Screen when the game starts in an Unsupported Screen RES value.

What is your current Desktop Monitor's Screen Resolution set to ? And which AC game are you actually Playing ? You haven't specified the Name. You can also try to Manually enter and change the Screen Resolution values in the Game's Config File.

-------------------------------

blackbear72_002
08-07-2011, 02:17 PM
King, Game AC Brotherhood, Screen Res 1280x1024, 72 hz, Also I looked for the games config file in the programs folder couldn't find anything. Thanks for the reply. gary

KingDaniel0
08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by blackbear72_002:
King, Game AC Brotherhood, Screen Res 1280x1024, 72 hz, Also I looked for the games config file in the programs folder couldn't find anything. Thanks for the reply. gary

So I presume that your MONITOR supports the above Screen RES and Refresh rate value ? Have you tried 60 HZ ?

Which Screen Resolution value did you select when you Lowered down the Screen RES one notch ? Does your Monitor support that particular Screen RES value ?

Anyway, If you're on Vista or 7 OS, the Game's Config file should be located here: 'C:\Users\<USER-name>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBrotherhood.ini'.

You have to edit this part:

DisplayWidth=800
DisplayHeight=600
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=0
ReflectionQuality=2
CharacterQuality=2
PostFX=1

-----------------------------------------

blackbear72_002
08-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Daniel, Thanks for your help. I'm running XP pro OS. I tried the path you indicated for vista and 7 but it is different on my comp. As far as the monitor it supports up to and including 1280x1040 and 60-72 Hz. I started at 60 hz then tried 72 no difference.