PDA

View Full Version : The End

ZCherub
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
This is not another pointless speculation thread. Please refrain frome starting sentences w/ "maybe" or "I think" - there are plenty of other threads for that... This is about the end of the game in general - and in fact only.

Two points:

-I felt the end in Ezio's time was horribly rushed after the rage to the apple. The game covers several months leading up to he final battle at the opening of the game, but it seems like a poorly polished attempt to tell the story. They could have filled in SOME blanks as opposed to giving you 3 seconds of dialogue leading up to the mission - Mortal Kombat had more plot than section 9...

-is it me, or is it a while game later & we basically know nouing that we didn't know at the end of ACII (aside from that the apple is now located)? I was expectin some sort of present day revelation, but there really wasn't much... Gameplay wise it was the strongest of the series, if just seemed light on plot...

I'm sure s intentional, & I have no doubt that the next installment will be phenomenal, just seemed like the last hour or two of Tia installment was lacking a bit... sound off.

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I think that AC:B is just a small bridge over to the story line that will unfold epically in ACIII, but maybe I am wrong. It is a full game in its own right but it only had a one year creation cycle so elements had to have been rushed. Also wait for DLC to fill in gaps like in ACII.

X10J
12-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
This is not another pointless speculation thread. Please refrain frome starting sentences w/ "maybe" or "I think" - there are plenty of other threads for that... This is about the end of the game in general - and in fact only.

Two points:

-I felt the end in Ezio's time was horribly rushed after the rage to the apple. The game covers several months leading up to he final battle at the opening of the game, but it seems like a poorly polished attempt to tell the story. They could have filled in SOME blanks as opposed to giving you 3 seconds of dialogue leading up to the mission - Mortal Kombat had more plot than section 9...

-is it me, or is it a while game later & we basically know nouing that we didn't know at the end of ACII (aside from that the apple is now located)? I was expectin some sort of present day revelation, but there really wasn't much... Gameplay wise it was the strongest of the series, if just seemed light on plot...

I'm sure s intentional, & I have no doubt that the next installment will be phenomenal, just seemed like the last hour or two of Tia installment was lacking a bit... sound off.

Isn't "I felt" the same as saying "I think that"?

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Ha I was thinking that to! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Razrback16
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
I agree that the end seemed horribly rushed, and lacked plot BIGTIME.

Avl521
12-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
I think that AC:B is just a small bridge over to the story line that will unfold epically in ACIII, but maybe I am wrong. It is a full game in its own right but it only had a one year creation cycle so elements had to have been rushed. Also wait for DLC to fill in gaps like in ACII.

LMFAO

Captain Tomatoz
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
i hope Corey May writes ac3 because i agree that the story wasn't as good in acb (which wasn't written by him) as the 1st 2 games.

PinoyDragonfly
12-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
i hope Corey May writes ac3 because i agree that the story wasn't as good in acb (which wasn't written by him) as the 1st 2 games.

That could explain it. Who wrote ACB then?

Captain Tomatoz
12-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by PinoyDragonfly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:

That could explain it. Who wrote ACB then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeffrey Yohalem

ses898
12-06-2010, 05:39 AM
I totally agree with J. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

ZCherub
12-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I meant that speculation as to the plot & details of Lucy's allegiance, TOTCB, etc. should be avoided in this thread. Your "I think"s & "Maybe"s were permissible. Thanks for contributing. I tend to agree that this game was obviously not a stand alone title, as it is a direct continuation of 2 (2.5, if you will). I still hoped to see a little more happen story wise in this installment since the story is one of the best aspects of this franchise. We'll see next time around I suppose...

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PinoyDragonfly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:

That could explain it. Who wrote ACB then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeffrey Yohalem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can be wrong, but I'm almost sure that in the credits, it says Desilets, Yohalem and May.

Also, in AC2, there was another guy who wrote the storyline with May.

violins
12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Desilets, Yohalem and May wrote the storyline, the dialogue was all written by Yohalem.

The reason the story feels "not as good" is because there are less locations and less new characters. IMO, ACII and Brotherhood are two different types of storylines. Brotherhood is about interpersonal conflict, whereas ACII was entirely about a global conflict (Assassins vs. Templars). Although Brotherhood's story is quieter, IMO the writing and characters are just as rich.

LightRey
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by violins:
Desilets, Yohalem and May wrote the storyline, the dialogue was all written by Yohalem.

The reason the story feels "not as good" is because there are less locations and less new characters. IMO, ACII and Brotherhood are two different types of storylines. Brotherhood is about interpersonal conflict, whereas ACII was entirely about a global conflict (Assassins vs. Templars). Although Brotherhood's story is quieter, IMO the writing and characters are just as rich.
I iz in agreement with that.