PDA

View Full Version : Need help with IL2 Can't install.

Lintrup
11-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Hello there.

I got Il2 Sturmovik, but I can't install it when i put in the CD it wants me to choose a language I do so but then nothing happens.

Thanks for you time. -Lintrup

Patch_whiner
11-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi Lintrup

Does an error appear saying:
1607: Unable to install installshield scripting runtime.

If so you need to enable the DCOM service. Go to Control panel/performance and maintenance/Administrative tools/ and click on the services icon. Change startup type to manual and then apply. Then click on the start button. Then have a look on the DVD and try clicking on a.exe or IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.msi or setup.exe and see if it works this time. I assume you are using XP and not 98 or Vista.

regards PW

Lintrup
11-10-2007, 07:50 AM
That message doesn't apeer.

Patch_whiner
11-11-2007, 07:20 AM
I have noticed on amazon a number of negative reviews for IL2 Sturmovik 1946 which are because people are unable to install the game presumably due to the copy protection or conflicts with other software ie. cd burning. If this is the case then it is a bit of a nightmare. It might entail reinstalling your OS or perhaps trying a different DVD player or unistalling other software that may be causing the conflict. Can you install this DVD on another machine or laptop. Unfortunately the whole business with media/media players and software is a bit hit and miss. My DVD writer won't copy files from certain DVDs whereas an older DVD rom will faultlessly copy the same file. Starforce the copy protection system used in the game Lock-On is very aggresive and there have been many reports of conflicts. It is so difficult to know what to do: a complete reinstall might not help. Purchasing another DVD or DVD player might help but is expensive and a waste if it makes no difference.

PW

steve_v
11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lintrup:

I got Il2 Sturmovik, but I can't install it when i put in the CD it wants me to choose a language I do so but then nothing happens.

Could please provide some more information. The title, Il2 Sturmovik, is composed of a series of five individual releases: Original IL2, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, and Il2 Sturmovik 1946. Each release has it own specific minor bugs, and knowing which you have would help.

Also, if you could post a dxdiag. Click here for DxDiag_Instructions (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/system.htm) Different OS, and graphic combos can also create problems.

You may also want to post in the tech help forum here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655