PDA

View Full Version : Black borders on 16:10 resolution = NO BUY!!!!

HLHBK
03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
There are still black borders on 16:10 resolutions. Ubisoft could you be any more lazy? It's easy to fix. No buy from me because of this, and before anyone asks I am 100% serious.

How about Ubi guit being lazy and take the 6 months they force PC gamers to wait and actually make a PROPER PC PORT??????? I hated when Batman Arkham Asylum was delayed for PC, but when it came out it had been properly developed for the PC, not a shoddy quick port. The game looked great, ran awesome at 1920x1200 with everything on, and used the best use of Nvidia's Physx of any game I have played.

Mass Effect 1 is another example of a proper port when it was delayed. I mean come on if you are going to force PC gamers to be an afterthought at least put some work into the ports!

un_synapse
03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I fully agree with this. So much for the 'special attention' they said the PC version was going to get.

ThaWhistle
03-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I thought they had given an excuse over this previously...

did they have 16:10 support for the first two games?

and I'm assuming you know there isnt support from videos on the internet or something your friends said, and not some naughty unofficial demo.

ace3001
03-19-2011, 11:36 AM
All AC games have been 16:9. I don't see why you thought this would be any different. *sigh* People always wanna complain. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Well, if the tiny bars are such a problem to you that you're deciding to miss out on a great game, your loss, I guess.

Windrius
03-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Noobish people, this was explained already.
If you turn to 16:9 resolution, you will also get black bars.
The black bars create the atmosphere or something like that. It's like watching a movie.

gabotron
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
The black bars create the atmosphere or something like that. It's like watching a movie.
What are you talking about?

I am playing on a 1920x1080 (1080p) monitor. The aspect ratio of this resolution is 16:9. This is the same aspect ratio as the standard resolution currently set in the 360 and PS3, which is 1280x720 (720p). Look, I don't have black borders.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1843/acb169ar.jpg

This is the actual image size at 1920x1080 (http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4238/acbsp2011032003372318.jpg). Again, no black bars on a 16:9 aspect ratio.

KingDaniel0
03-19-2011, 02:06 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, you shouldn't see Black Bars on a 16:9 ASPECT RATIO....

Usually we see Black bars on top/botton on 4:3 and 16:10 ARs, due to the Anamorphic nature of the game. My apologies, if this is not the case with AC:B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

un_synapse
03-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
The black bars create the atmosphere or something like that. It's like watching a movie. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

swn32
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
This game supports 16:3 aspect ratio = DEFINITE BUY!!!

Pumpkins.
03-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Srsly dude are you going to post your crap in all forums?

http://forums.steampowered.com...thread.php?t=1798799 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798799)

Are you reading what ppl say or are you just trolling around?

ThaWhistle
03-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by gabotron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
What are you talking about?

I am playing on a 1920x1080 (1080p) monitor. The aspect ratio of this resolution is 16:9. This is the same aspect ratio as the standard resolution currently set in the 360 and PS3, which is 1280x720 (720p). Look, I don't have black borders.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1843/acb169ar.jpg

This is the actual image size at 1920x1080 (http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4238/acbsp2011032003372318.jpg). Again, no black bars on a 16:9 aspect ratio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was i the only one who looked at that picture and thought to myself

"Please sir, do you have any money, I'm poor and sick and hungry." and hten got the urge to pull out my sword and do a boogie man dance infront of them?

HLHBK
03-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
All AC games have been 16:9. I don't see why you thought this would be any different. *sigh* People always wanna complain. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Well, if the tiny bars are such a problem to you that you're deciding to miss out on a great game, your loss, I guess.

So let's see we are going to give Ubi a pass for being lazy because the game is fun? Really? I agree the game is fun. I love the AC games, but guess what Batman AA was fun (even more so than AC) and their developer wasn't lazy when porting it to PC!

I am sure you were one of the many who defended Ubi when AC2 came out saying that who cares about the DRM, cause the game is fun. There is a major problem when I can't play a game offline on PC but I can on the consoles.

There is a major problem when 99% of all PC ports (even the shoddy ones) are at least ported well enough to run at 16:10 resolutions AND STILL COME OUT THE SAME DATE AS THE CONSOLE VERSIONS but AC doesn't. On top of that WE WAIT 6 MONTHS FOR ITS RELEASE! At least put some major work into the PC port if you are going to make your PC crowd feel 2nd class.

It's got nothing to do with how the game looks. It has everything to do with the lack of effort put into the port by Ubi and making us wait for it. If they are just gonna make a crappy PC port then why wait 6 months to release the game???? Don't even say piracy because it is rampant on the 360 just like it is on the PC!

They want my money? How about showing some good will on their part by putting proper PC ports out on the market, and releasing them the same day as the console versions? Then and only then will I ever buy a Ubi game for anything more than $5 during a Xmas sale.

TheSurroundGamr
11-25-2013, 04:00 AM
So let's see we are going to give Ubi a pass for being lazy because the game is fun? Really? I agree the game is fun. I love the AC games, but guess what Batman AA was fun (even more so than AC) and their developer wasn't lazy when porting it to PC!

I am sure you were one of the many who defended Ubi when AC2 came out saying that who cares about the DRM, cause the game is fun. There is a major problem when I can't play a game offline on PC but I can on the consoles.

There is a major problem when 99% of all PC ports (even the shoddy ones) are at least ported well enough to run at 16:10 resolutions AND STILL COME OUT THE SAME DATE AS THE CONSOLE VERSIONS but AC doesn't. On top of that WE WAIT 6 MONTHS FOR ITS RELEASE! At least put some major work into the PC port if you are going to make your PC crowd feel 2nd class.

It's got nothing to do with how the game looks. It has everything to do with the lack of effort put into the port by Ubi and making us wait for it. If they are just gonna make a crappy PC port then why wait 6 months to release the game???? Don't even say piracy because it is rampant on the 360 just like it is on the PC!

They want my money? How about showing some good will on their part by putting proper PC ports out on the market, and releasing them the same day as the console versions? Then and only then will I ever buy a Ubi game for anything more than $5 during a Xmas sale.

I agree 100% with this fact. Unfortunately, I made the idiotic mistake of buying this game before checking to see if it properly supported 16:10 resolutions. I play on three 1920 x 1200 monitors via Nvidia Surround. Never before have I purchased or played an Assassin's Creed game and now I remember why. I have black bars on the top and bottom of my entire display span, and it is unacceptable! Just how hard is it to throw in a few more resolutions into the game?

This game is another result of developers playing to the lowest common denominator, the console market, and having to port up to the PC version. It should work the other way around. Develop for the PC (for crying out loud, you're using PCs to make these stupid games!), then port down to the lesser platforms--the consoles. This would make more sense, but, it's all about 'dat console dolla'. The OUTRAGE!! The sickening OUTRAGE!!

IPE240
11-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Well i have found solution.
I have good rig (gfx nvidia asus directcu2 gtx780, i7, 8gb ram etc and widescreen monitor and playing all games at 1920x1200 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD and it is great monitor).
But im a very big fan of Assassin creed games and computer games at all (been playing since amiga500 , god my wife still thinks its silly hobby :) , and having big pain in watching these black bars (oonly in AC 3 and AC 4 , AC2 works great and other 106 games i own works great too in fullscreen at any resolution)!

SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE: you don't need to search widescreengaming forum, nor steam forum nor internet at all, you don't have to buy other monitor too.
I was thinkig about solution in very intense way and it is and it works!! (Also for Assassin's Creed 3), WHAT TO DO:

Im using Nvidia card so my workaround is for nvidia, as i said im playing (and working too) at 1920x1200 resolution.
I had black bars at top and botttom of gaming screen too (changing resoultion to 1920x1080 in game doesnt help for me in AC3 and AC4 too).
BUT NO MORE, FULL SCREEN now! HOW? :
(Im using latest drivers from Nvidia (WHQL) for geforce gtx780, im using polish version, but i will try to translate ;) :

1.Start AC:4 Black Flag , enter any sequence , just to be in game
2. ALT TAB and get back to dekstop without quitting the game
3. Click Right Mouse Button on the desktop and choose Nvidia Control Panel
4. There go to the DISPLAY section and choose "Match size and desktop position" (position 6 from the top of DISPLAY section)
5. In first Tab choose Scaling , then FULLSCREEN then set desired resolution at "preview" below to 1920x1080
6. Now switch to the second Tab named " Size" and choose "Enable dekstop size changer" (or something like that i don't have english drivers right now)
7. You will see BIG green arrows in the corner of the screen, press both slider to the max to reach 1920x1200 settings (or more if you are using higher res) , then choose OK,
8. Click Use or OK in main Nvidia Settings Window, close it and back into game.
Voilla!
You have Assassin's Creed III or Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag with no black bars at 1920x1080, while keeping 1920x1200 at working desktop .
Now im waiting for a lot of rum for me!
Ahooy!
Umbrecht also known as IPE240

brotherofmetal
11-26-2013, 05:14 AM
You know what's worse? When there were no black bars for nVidia Surround with three 16:10 monitors in ANY of the AC games before, and all of a sudden, I get these horrid black bars spanning across all three of my monitors.

I think this will illustrate better: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26834

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 05:18 AM
But that's wrong you ******* ******

http://i.minus.com/ibkWQDXWVWL37t.gif

brotherofmetal
11-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Gonna double post...oh well.

Just want to link for anyone who cares:

Here's AC4 surround, you'll notice the Black bars:
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/3703/os4a.jpg

Here's in-game of AC3, guess what? NO BLACK BARS:
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/4581/c0t9.jpg

Two-KD
11-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Actually playing on 1920x1080,aspect ratio 16:9 and i have no black borders during gameplay?

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Actually playing on 1920x1080,aspect ratio 16:9 and i have no black borders during gameplay?
And?