PDA

View Full Version : The Betas now that the dust has settled...

danjama
08-20-2005, 07:33 AM
is it just me, or did anyone else prefer the Beats (3 - 7) to what the final product brought. I mean it just felt much more realistic. I have both versions on my system, and only play 4.1 online. I love the beta for its P47 and P51 models. That is how they both should be in 4.01. The 47 is a beast in beta7, it handles just the way Robert Johnson and Gabby describe. Anyone have thoughts on the Betas. I know its been a while, but i am interested now that the dusts setlled. Im not trying to start controversy just a friendly discussion.

Badsight.
08-20-2005, 07:35 AM
beta 06 was exactly what i was hoping for

but only if we are talking FM

the most amazing fight against AI i have ever had was in beta06 . AI in a 109 F4 , me & a freind flying the Yak-1 . he hid in clouds , he extended , he stayed close to freindly flak & basically showed some brains that kept him alive 2v1 for over 15 minutes

why is v4.01 so different ?

danjama
08-20-2005, 08:13 AM
i agree only for FM, it was pretty buggy. Im not ure why its so diffrent but have a go in a beta 47 then fly a 4.1 47 and the difference is quite obvious.

carguy_
08-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I was hopinng for b6 to reach the final.Through a 3day testing I liked it most out of all betas,the leaked final-beta and the final.Torque was heavy and machineguns were quite deadly.I have all betas but I on`t have the HD space to install a new il2 directory.

Recon_609IAP
08-20-2005, 09:30 AM
current release is the most accurate imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TX-Gunslinger
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Beta 06 by a long, long way.

AI were incredible. The only thing that 06 needed was .50 cal increase in hitting power.

S~

JG53Frankyboy
08-20-2005, 11:33 AM
hell, in Beta6 the Zero could turn - even over 350km/h IAS ! i liked that much , what does not mean that these performance was correct.

LeadSpitter_
08-20-2005, 11:39 AM
the betas were way off in every catagory especially beta 4 6.

The thing that was good about it was strong pronounced torque, difficult landings and takeoff, and ac actually could belly land at 200kmph with out explodeding into nothing.

NonWonderDog
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
I never actually tried the betas, but back when they were out a few people were saying that the only difference between the torque in beta 4 and beta 7 was the trim. The early betas apparently still had the planes trimmed for the version 3.04 torque, so the torque would spin the plane at any speed. Beta 7 trimmed all the planes to fly straight at cruise speed and power.

I usually don't deal with hearsay, but this seemed very logical. Any truth to it?

Badsight.
08-20-2005, 07:12 PM
from 04 to 07 it got progressivly eaiser to fly

beta04 was super hard , no hard manouvers into hard manouvers , needed 400+ kmh todo a good hard turning 360

o6 was juuuuust right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , 07 was noticeably easier to make the planes do what you wanted

fordfan25
08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
is it just me, or did anyone else prefer the Beats (3 - 7) to what the final product brought. I mean it just felt much more realistic. I have both versions on my system, and only play 4.1 online. I love the beta for its P47 and P51 models. That is how they both should be in 4.01. The 47 is a beast in beta7, it handles just the way Robert Johnson and Gabby describe. Anyone have thoughts on the Betas. I know its been a while, but i am interested now that the dusts setlled. Im not trying to start controversy just a friendly discussion.

send me the file and ill let you know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif i never played the betas but i cant see how the FM/DM for the Tbolt could be much worse lol

Tvrdi
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by danjama:

tell that to the majority of trolls here who buried me after telling the same thing after 4.01 was released (including OM guys)... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

btw, both the P47 and FW190 were beasts as they should be in the betas...overall we had
"a touch of reality" there.....but ppl were persistent that nothing big changed from betas....I guess, most of them never tried betas

FritzGryphon
08-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Maybe in next patch they will be set back to 'beast'.

Whatever the blazes that means.

And M2 will be 1:1 on par with Hispano. Then it will be realistic.