PDA

View Full Version : Its not Subject 16 *SPOILERS*

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 04:23 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Cross

Look at the pictures it looks Identical to the guy in this vid. I thought it was S16 but it may or may not be, but this would explain the different sounding voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD93Up2tzng

LightRey
10-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Already been discussed. Most of us came to the conclusion that, though they look somewhat similar, they're definitely not the same person. For example, Daniel has piercings and a different facial structure.

Moultonborough
10-17-2011, 04:26 AM
How would he get into the Black Room though. It is not possible the only one who has access that far in is Subject 16.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM
First of all, Daniel Cross looks nothing like the dude in the video.

Second of all, why in the world would Daniel Cross be in the Animus?

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 04:31 AM
I thought of what both of you said but in the encyclopaedia his facial structures the same and it's easy to take out a couple of piercing's. As for how he got in the black room he could of had pro longed exposure to the animus as well as the other two.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
I thought of what both of you said but in the encyclopaedia his facial structures the same and it's easy to take out a couple of piercing's. As for how he got in the black room he could of had pro longed exposure to the animus as well as the other two.
He has a completely different nose for one, which is one of the basic methods for facial identification.

itsamea-mario
10-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Yes but it's a different animus.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 04:34 AM
I doubt it. Besides, the guys voice sounds the same as Subject 16, just less in a hurry and less raggedy.

And honestly, the facial structure IS different. This dude was confirmed to be Subject 16 already anyway.

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I doubt it. Besides, the guys voice sounds the same as Subject 16, just less in a hurry and less raggedy.

And honestly, the facial structure IS different. This dude was confirmed to be Subject 16 already anyway. Really where?

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 04:38 AM
in an interview with Esco I think.

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 04:45 AM
in an interview with Esco I think. I know the interview your talking about (the 2 part one) and he neither confirms or deny's it.

EscoBlades
10-17-2011, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
in an interview with Esco I think. I know the interview your talking about (the 2 part one) and he neither confirms or deny's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then take it from me...it is Subject 16 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
in an interview with Esco I think. I know the interview your talking about (the 2 part one) and he neither confirms or deny's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then take it from me...it is Subject 16 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you, do you know the reason why they look so alike.

EscoBlades
10-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Thank you, do you know the reason why they look so alike.

They don't look anything alike if you ask me.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

They don't look anything alike if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
exactly. The only things they have in common is that they both have blond hair and they're bot male.

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

They don't look anything alike if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
exactly. The only things they have in common is that they both have blond hair and they're bot male. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well the eyes were the first things that made me think it was Daniel Cross in the vid.

zerocooll21
10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks esco, so did they say anything about WHY blur him out only to show him in a 30 second trailer?

LightRey
10-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Thanks esco, so did they say anything about WHY blur him out only to show him in a 30 second trailer?
Because they can.

EscoBlades
10-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:

You'll have to play the game to find out his significance.

thekarlone
10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
The guy of the video is not Daniel Cross.

Daniel Cross look like that:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901120820/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/ef/Daniel_Cross_AC_Encyclopedia.png/291px-Daniel_Cross_AC_Encyclopedia.png

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow. Daniel looks NOTHING like the guy in the video.

I mean look at the picture above. He DOES have long hair now that the picture doesn't show.

Regardless. He's in abstergo as far as we know.

Tijntm
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Dude why would there be a page for Daniel Cross, AND a page for subject 16 in the encyclopedia?. Look at the making the encyclopedia video.

Poodle_of_Doom
10-17-2011, 09:05 AM
The Red Trail comes to mind....

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

The writers of the game have said that the red trail was just there for playtesting and they never took it out when people had trouble finding their way back to the hide out.

He then went on to apologize saying sometimes things are just that color because they are. They're only human and make mistakes haha.

I was just thinking though. Daniel NEVER rocks that black sweater in the comic as far as I remember. Almost as if he's a character model for the game. I doubt it but I would LOVE to see him in the game.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Maybe Subject 16 shows you something.

zerocooll21
10-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

The writers of the game have said that the red trail was just there for playtesting and they never took it out when people had trouble finding their way back to the hide out.

He then went on to apologize saying sometimes things are just that color because they are. They're only human and make mistakes haha.

I was just thinking though. Daniel NEVER rocks that black sweater in the comic as far as I remember. Almost as if he's a character model for the game. I doubt it but I would LOVE to see him in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe he was referring to whole reason for blurring of S16 being along the same lines of the red trails.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I think he was referring to the argument. :P

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Ah, the red trail.

Long after AC is gone, it will live on as a testament to how much fans who desperately want to analyze something can misunderstand such an insignificant thing.

Anyways, if you looked at Subject 16's blurred encyclopedia picture, he's wearing the same clothes he is in Revelations. So that should have been a big hint.

As to why they didn't show 16 till later? I guess they wanted to keep him a secret for longer, until they gave the previews to IGN.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Mah, who cares? It doesn't matter any more.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Mmmhmm.

I was hoping that 16 would be the one doing the Database entries, but it sounds like Shaun and Rebbeca have found a way to send stuff like that to Desmond.

Shame, I wanted to hear a target narration done by a crazy guy. : P

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Mmmhmm.

I was hoping that 16 would be the one doing the Database entries, but it sounds like Shaun and Rebbeca have found a way to send stuff like that to Desmond.

Where did you get that? Source?

P.S. Youtube won't allow me to post any more comments D:

thinks I'm a spam bot.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Mmmhmm.

whoa whoa whoa, where'd you find out about that?

NewBlade200
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I was just thinking though. Daniel NEVER rocks that black sweater in the comic as far as I remember. Almost as if he's a character model for the game. I doubt it but I would LOVE to see him in the game. Perhaps he is the guy who captures Des? It would be a cool cameo.

chizzy12
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Didn't subject 16 say to desmond that he can find him in the darkness? well they're in the dark room right?

LightRey
10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by chizzy12:
Didn't subject 16 say to desmond that he can find him in the darkness? well they're in the dark room right?
Exactly.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Black room, and that's what I'm thinking.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Mmmhmm.

whoa whoa whoa, where'd you find out about that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One journalist managed to sneak onto animus island for a bit more than the one from Kotaku.

They heard Rebecca and Shaun's voices.

Also they've said in interviews that we'll find out about what's happening in modern times while Desmond's in the coma, through Desmond's gameplay segments.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Mmmhmm.

One journalist managed to sneak onto animus island for a bit more than the one from Kotaku.

They heard Rebecca and Shaun's voices.

Also they've said in interviews that we'll find out about what's happening in modern times while Desmond's in the coma, through Desmond's gameplay segments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's awesome! I want this game! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I think he was referring to the argument. :P

It's true. I was refering to the argument. My point was that know matter what we think we know, we've been wrong on the simplest of things. I can't tell you how many times someone came along and said "The red trail is just to help you get back to the sanctuary." Only to be told by umpteen hundred other posters that they were full of it. Same thing here. I personnaly think that S16 and Cross look similar to. Don't miscount the theory yet. It's not like you actually know.

Mmmhmm.

I don't exactly know where it was said, but in one of the videos that's been referenced to, it's stated that they "may" find a way to communicate with him, similar to the database entries.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Well I think in this case, where we know that Daniel Cross's story is supposed to be self-contained and separate to allow the Comic writers a level of freedom and not shackle them to the game, and we know that the clothes the entity in the video is wearing correspond to a blurry picture we've seen of 16, AND we know that 16 still exists in the animus and said "Find me in the darkness" (Black Room) I feel like it's a lot more concrete than the Red Trail thing.

The Red trail really had no other threads linking it with other games or things within Brotherhood. That was why the speculation was so hard to resolve without "word of god".

Poodle_of_Doom
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Absolutely. I was simply pointing out the fact that just because something seems solid doesn't mean that it actually is.

Saqaliba
10-17-2011, 08:03 PM
The last we see of Cross is that he is returned to the Animus at Abstergo:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3331/animus04.jpg

It is possible, that Subject 04 (Daniel Cross) could end in the same fate as Subject 16. His 'brain as hash' but his residual image stored in the Animus.

So I do find this pausible:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1200/s04t.jpg

I know Esco has already debunked it, but they do look alike IMO.

More importantly. If 'dead-people' can end up stored in the BIOS of the animus, then how likely do you think it possible that Altair = Subject 01 and Ezio = Subject 02?! And that what is stored in the library at Masyaf is a prototype of the animus based on the disks and what the apples reveals to Altair.

In which case, it is possible for Desmond to come face to face with all previous Subjects (01-16). The Nexus is a 'meeting' with Altair, Ezio and Desmond - externalizing them so that his 'hashed brain' can have self-reference once again.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 08:11 PM
The thing is that Abstergo is the one numbering the subjects, not the Assassins.

They wouldn't count people that used a similar technology but got no info out of it.

And the storing of "dead people" isn't an actual feature of the animus. What exists in the animus is a simulation of 16 based on the data that it took in from his sessions, and that simulations has a life of its own.

I really don't think they look alike at all. Expecially going by what Daniel looks like in the comic.

You have to remember that the Encyclopedia is based on concept art, not character models.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Also we know that Daniel gets out of the animus, because the new comic book The Chain is coming out soon.

It's not going to be a retread of the same bleeding effect story.

They are similar in that they're blonde and white, end of story.

16 has no peircings, and Daniel would look a lot older by Desmond's time if it were him, not to mention having a different hairstyle and facial structure.

Calvarok
AND color of eyes!

xx-pyro
The thing is that Abstergo is the one numbering the subjects, not the Assassins.

They wouldn't count people that used a similar technology but got no info out of it.

And the storing of "dead people" isn't an actual feature of the animus. What exists in the animus is a simulation of 16 based on the data that it took in from his sessions, and that simulations has a life of its own.

I really don't think they look alike at all. Expecially going by what Daniel looks like in the comic.

You have to remember that the Encyclopedia is based on concept art, not character models.

Based on that last statement, you could say S16's 'concept art' in the Encyclopedia can't be used as a grounds to try to prove that the character talking to Desmond is S16, because they look similar.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Based on that last statement, you could say S16's 'concept art' in the Encyclopedia can't be used as a grounds to try to prove that the character talking to Desmond is S16, because they look similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but 16's design was created specifically for this game.

Daniel Cross's concept art is a lot older, and not made by the artist who eventually drew him.

kudos17
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Mmmhmm.

That's a damned shame, I would've loved to hear that too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rebecca/Shaun narrating - Shaun's briefing of the conspirator targets was always awesome to me. However, hearing that from 16's point of view would've been sweet. It would have undoubtedly had a sort of lunatic/sarcastic spin - almost like a lighthearted and less derisive Shaun. Without the British, as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, they have said we'll get to hear 16's views on some of the things Desmond encounters, and yet ANOTHER interview I read says that Rebecca and Shaun can't communicate with Desmond like usual, they can't see what he's reliving or anything, so 16 doing narration and database entry might still be on the table!

*Rollercoaster of emotions*

I'm going to be so happy when I can just play the game and find out. Piecing everything together is killing me!

Saqaliba
10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
The thing is that Abstergo is the one numbering the subjects, not the Assassins. They wouldn't count people that used a similar technology but got no info out of it.

Ok. Yes, I had not taken this into account. I was being more hypothetical though. Let’s just say, that the animus was created using TWCB artifacts in 1978 (again, hypothetically) and Abstergo, used it to extract memories at such and such a date, began calling them ‘subjects’. Now, the phenomena of ‘recorded memories’ being stored in the BIOS is possible feature of the technology the Animus was built upon. I.e. it is a function of the technology of TWCB, so consider Altair and Ezio as proto-subjects. Pre-cursors of the same thing. Altair touches the disks and they store his memory for Ezio. Subject 16 is put in the animus and it stores his memory for Desmond.

storing of "dead people" isn't an actual feature of the animus. What exists in the animus is a simulation of 16 based on the data that it took in from his sessions, and that simulations has a life of its own.

Yes. I agree. In fact, they need not be dead, for such a storage to occur, since it is recording ‘living memories’ which cease at death… decease. Hehe. So, Altair and Ezio, if they touch the disks it could record there ‘essence’ the same way it does to Subject 16, making it possible for Desmond to come into contact with a simulation of them face-to-face.

Because Altair and Ezio are pre-subjected to the animus through the disks.

Altair = subject 0.1
Ezio = subject 0.2

Dig?

Also we know that Daniel gets out of the animus, because the new comic book The Chain is coming out soon.

Indeed, he may very well, but his ‘living memories’ will still be stored from his session time, just as S16 and Desmond get ‘break-time’ from their sessions. I won’t push the Daniel Cross comparision any further. You are probably right. What I’m pusing here is the idea that it could be possible for previous subjects and contacts with the animi/artifacts to be stored as simulations within the BIOS of the hardware. Of course, it isn’t THEM, but a persona simulation. A kind of projection of their data as they have interacted with the mechanism.
<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
Main thesis is this: on the same basis we can interact with S16, so to can we interact with all previous subjects of the animi/artifact including Altair & Ezio (even though they were before Abstergo's labeling system -S#). I believe this will be Desmond’s nexus. Since he can’t discern between who is Desmond, who is Altair and who is Ezio because all the memories are blurring in one mind, he needs a ‘face-to-face’ experience with each persona so he can externalize them.

Desmond is here, Altair is there and Ezio is over there… ok… so this is me, these are my memories, I am ‘Desmond’ – returns to body.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:

It is possible, that Subject 04 (Daniel Cross) could end in the same fate as Subject 16. His 'brain as hash' but his residual image stored in the Animus.

More importantly. If 'dead-people' can end up stored in the BIOS of the animus, then how likely do you think it possible that Altair = Subject 01 and Ezio = Subject 02?! And that what is stored in the library at Masyaf is a prototype of the animus based on the disks and what the apples reveals to Altair.

In which case, it is possible for Desmond to come face to face with all previous Subjects (01-16). The Nexus is a 'meeting' with Altair, Ezio and Desmond - externalizing them so that his 'hashed brain' can have self-reference once again.
They seriously look nothing alike. I mean come on, different nose, different chin, different hairstyle, different clothes, earrings, different shape of the friggin head. It's S16. Let it rest.

souNdwAve89
10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:

They seriously look nothing alike. I mean come on, different nose, different chin, different hairstyle, different clothes, earrings, different shape of the friggin head. It's S16. Let it rest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously...

Saqaliba
10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
I won’t push the Daniel Cross comparision any further. You are probably right.