PDA

View Full Version : Losing Flap and Gear Sounds?

MisterMark
11-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Must be some sort of bug, but does anyone know why I periodically lose the sound on my gear and flaps? Also, is there a fix?

Thanks,

Mark

Swivet
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Hmm. You could try messin with your sound settings within the game or the "il2setup.exe"
First go into where the actual sound file is and make sure it aint corrupt or copy and paste it from the original cd to the directory and try that. Like i said it might also have to do with the your soundcards sample rate.You can try the Help Forums if you haven't already.

M_Gunz
11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
It might be a Direct-X or soundcard driver problem?

The_Stealth_Owl
11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
If you can't find them in your SFS files, I got a copy of them for you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Choctaw111
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I have had this happen several times in the past.
Sometimes online I will hear the flaps sound that doesn't go away for a few minutes when mine aren't even down.
Start with the simplest things first and mess with your ingame sound settings and see what happens.

MisterMark
11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
oh i 'have them', and i hear them a majority of the time, but only every now and again for some reason they go away. usually when i replane, they come back. anyone else experience this?

thanks,

mark

julian265
11-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Hmmm I've always found IL2 to have buggy sound, and much more so with the mods.

If things get too annoying whilst flying, I go to sound options, disable extensions, press OK, then re-enable them again, and things go back to normal for a while.