PDA

View Full Version : Nice Job Oleg, I think you got it right with 1.2b

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Nice Job Oleg, I think you got it right with 1.2rc. Thanks!

"IMHO", FB is finally a fairly balanced flight sim.I say this based on not only my own opinion, but the responces, or rather the lack of responces, from FB users at the various FB related forums.

There have'nt been the usual plethera of FM "B*%#hing sessions that we've all seen and participated in with past patches. To me that falls into the "No news "is" good news" category, and I for one agree with the "silent" masses. I'll say here and now, (and no I'm not a fan boy) that I like the 1.2 rc patch. I also hope things don't change to much in the final version.

I fly pretty much all the planes offered in FB, but one thing I have noticed in the 1.2 rc, is a big improvement in the German aircraft.

For the first time since IL-2, I'm getting satisfaction out of flying them, both in their handling and the ability to get kills when you shoot at something, and both on-line and off.

That's important to me because when it comes to flight sims, satisfaction wins hands down over frustration any day, and frustraion was about all I was getting from FB when flying German aircraft "Pre" Beta 1.2rc.

If my assessment about the lack of negative responces to the 1.2 rc is correct, then I hope that those who agree will take the opportunity to (for a change) give Oleg a big thumbs up!

Thanks Oleg! S!

(Now if we can only get rid of that blinding 8 foot long muzzle flash!)

Message Edited on 11/28/0312:31PM by Triple_AAA

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Nice Job Oleg, I think you got it right with 1.2rc. Thanks!

"IMHO", FB is finally a fairly balanced flight sim.I say this based on not only my own opinion, but the responces, or rather the lack of responces, from FB users at the various FB related forums.

There have'nt been the usual plethera of FM "B*%#hing sessions that we've all seen and participated in with past patches. To me that falls into the "No news "is" good news" category, and I for one agree with the "silent" masses. I'll say here and now, (and no I'm not a fan boy) that I like the 1.2 rc patch. I also hope things don't change to much in the final version.

I fly pretty much all the planes offered in FB, but one thing I have noticed in the 1.2 rc, is a big improvement in the German aircraft.

For the first time since IL-2, I'm getting satisfaction out of flying them, both in their handling and the ability to get kills when you shoot at something, and both on-line and off.

That's important to me because when it comes to flight sims, satisfaction wins hands down over frustration any day, and frustraion was about all I was getting from FB when flying German aircraft "Pre" Beta 1.2rc.

If my assessment about the lack of negative responces to the 1.2 rc is correct, then I hope that those who agree will take the opportunity to (for a change) give Oleg a big thumbs up!

Thanks Oleg! S!

(Now if we can only get rid of that blinding 8 foot long muzzle flash!)

Message Edited on 11/28/0312:31PM by Triple_AAA

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 02:20 AM
I like 1.2RC too. (I assume that's what you mean by 1.2b?)

But I believe the reason is not a "balanced" plane-set but a more diverse and realistically apposed one. Energy-fighters will outclimb turn-fighters, and the latter will outturn the former.

It only appears more balanced because through all the pre 1.2RC patches the LW (and many VVS too) have learnt to fly proper, disciplined BnZ/E-fighting and now, given more plausible plane performance match-ups, it's paying off. (for the VVS it's paying off with the P47/P-51 I believe where speed really is life)

<hr width="400">Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their
shoes!
http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg (http://www.jagdgeschwader1.com)