PDA

View Full Version : Not much variety in acrobatics/free running?

smalfie
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I've been waiting for this game a long time, nearly from when it was announced. Can't wait to play it, but I'm pretty skpetical about the acrobatics. Does anyone else think that the acrobatics looks a bit monotonous and repetitive from the videos? I realise I haven't played it, but the key word there is "looks". Thanks.

avsrule247
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
What do you want the free running to look like? There aren't many different ways they can look.

robert_brownny
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey it's a game. It is repetitive in many ways not only in acrobatics. But it's a game.

AspectShadow
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess one idea could be Altair has a technique that is to be efficient, he doesnt need to do flips and stuff that you would see in other games.
I think the variety in the environment and all the action you can add kinda jazzes up the whole parkour aspect. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">shadow =D</span>

smalfie
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
all I really see is jumping and running. No flips, no wall runs, no vaults. Not sure if any of you guys have seen any of those things. Ermmm check out the district 13 David Belle chase scene on you tube. I'd like it to look more like that. The vaults on the stairs are pretty nice.

iPlunder
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Free running might be a challenge like you need to get to a building, ok, how do i get to it from this roof top.

theassassin_07
11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Well..after playing the game during the "creed day" i can say the free-running is fine.

lil hard to get used to but its good. you can run of all the little stumps, up the stairs and the climbing is great.

Some chase sense can be really tense, running around around the rooftops, leapaing from all the beams up and down, swinging every where..gets pretty tense at times =]

Also, i like to point out, if you are running down a ally which happens to be a dead end, you can run up the wall, and jump back over all the heads of the enemy (some of you were worried about that?)

But yes, you have othing to worry about, their is always new was of just exploring =]

Peace ;]

smalfie
11-12-2007, 03:20 PM
ooh good. That's a relief. Can you tell me, is there much variety in the different acrobatic moves. Do you think there are things we haven't been shown yet. Thanks a lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

theassassin_07
11-12-2007, 03:36 PM
hmm..nothing else realy..watch all the videos and you will get the idea =]

the climbing is..amazing, pretty gay when sometimes you can't get higher so you have to jump across, then you something else

(actually, you know that hudge catherdral? with the big glass mirror? well i spent like 30mins just mssin around on it lol

best thing is toexpierence it for yourself =] but you wont be dissapointed lol

i got a piece of paper with layout of countrols..if im allowed you want me to tell you it?

for now..god night =]

chickmgnt222
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Variety is all in your hands don't forget. If you don't want to take the same sort of route or run the same sort of way, mix it up and do something different.

Kinda like how many people said the combat in Dark Messiah was a kick-fest. Well, yeah, it IS a kick -fest... if you spam kick..

S.I.N.N.
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
If I wanted to see a F$%&King wall run Id rent a John Woo movie!