PDA

View Full Version : how do you set up cam2pan for head tracking

migman
03-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I would appreciate some advice/guidance on setting up cam2pan. I have searched the net and can find nothing definative. I have invested in a webcam and the cam2pan software and wish to use it to free up my hands to control the plane. Before I invest in TrackIR I would like to see if this can be set up to work adequately. At the momment it is very jumpy and moves too quick to use I have heard of using NewVeiw in conjunction with cam2pan.I am sure there are others out there in the same situation.

triggerhappyfin
03-07-2006, 06:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Triggerhappyfin/namnls1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Triggerhappyfin/namnls.jpg

Get the newview to work too. It makes it really smooth.

As I mostly play in the evenings I set it for flashlight and use a little lamp attached on top of my headset. The centering is improved in the latest version and works really marvelous.
I can leave the computer to get coffee or something, come back and the C2P is centered as I never had left the puter at all!

migman
03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the info, my setup is similar
a Question .. do you need new view running in the background as well as cam2pan and how does newveiw communcate with Il2

danjama
03-07-2006, 02:06 PM
With newview it just installs a .dll config file thingy into the il2 main folder and the game recognises it every time you run it, no need to open newview except when u want to change settings. I use newview, i couldnt get into cam2pan tho, i blame the cheap webcam i have

Troll2k
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Some cheap cameras are better.

From cam 2 pan website:

Video Camera requirements
30 Frames per second (FPS).
20 FPS is acceptable, but 30 FPS is needed for smooth operation.
Resolution below 320x240. The optimal resolution is 128X96.
Most high-resolution cameras support low resolution too and allow such setting.

danjama
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
maybe ill give it another try

migman
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Do you know the name of the dll thingy stuck into Il2 main dir ?
will newveiw work with LOMAC ?
Using NewVeiw helps with head movement adjustments great
I am using a Logitech pro 4000 webcam $100 NZ

skissors
03-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I use cam2pan and Newview, and its Fantastic. Cam2pan is not too crash hot by itself but once you get newview running with it, it becomes magic!
Only Problem is, there is alot of messing around with settings to get it working how you wish.
Also go for the led attached to a hat on flashlight mode , and it will hardly ever have to be recentred.

triggerhappyfin
03-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by skissors:
I use cam2pan and Newview, and its Fantastic. Cam2pan is not too crash hot by itself but once you get newview running with it, it becomes magic!
Only Problem is, there is alot of messing around with settings to get it working how you wish.
Also go for the led attached to a hat on flashlight mode , and it will hardly ever have to be recentred.

Yes with newview it really get magic! I cant see the need of getting TrackIr due to the difference in price. I got the C2P for 9,95$!!
The only thing I can see effects the smoothness is the frame rates, but on the other hand it propably would affect the Track ir too.

migman
03-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Thanks for your input
I know have newview and cam2pan workinng together in IL2 and it is great if a little disorienting at first Before I used a trackball mouse to pan around this is much better
Interestingly since installing newview I have found That LOMAC and cam2pan no longer seem to want to work together Any ideas ???

triggerhappyfin
03-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by migman:
Thanks for your input
I know have newview and cam2pan workinng together in IL2 and it is great if a little disorienting at first Before I used a trackball mouse to pan around this is much better
Interestingly since installing newview I have found That LOMAC and cam2pan no longer seem to want to work together Any ideas ???

Noticed that same thing too...I´m curious on any tips on how to get it to work.

skissors
03-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by migman:

I have the same problem, I don't play Lomac that much to spend time trying to get it working. I just stuck to my Hatswitch whilst playing it.

migman
03-09-2006, 12:47 AM
It actually worked before I installed newview just by itself which suggests that the DLL newveiw installs is somehow blocking the connection. I am asking on the LOMAC forums also

migman
03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
for your information
LOMAC will work with CAm2pan in Mouseview mode and by setting a key in game for center view. Not as smooth as newview cam2pan combination