PDA

View Full Version : The AC series and Ubi/THQ

SteelCity999
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I know this has been brought up before but here is and update about the situation. I think this shows that when money is used to drive the motivation for releases and not the entertainment and artistic value of those working on the projects to make it "right" and not be a machine...this is what you get...

Being in management for almost 15 years, you have to believe how Ubi could be losing everyone if things were great to begin with????? Money isn't everything...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...poaching-talent.aspx (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/30/ubisoft-obtains-injunction-preventing-thq-from-poaching-talent.aspx)

kriegerdesgottes
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
wow! good find, I can't believe jean francois was one who left but this is soo confirmation of everything I was arguing about on here last week. I have a feeling AC is a dead franchise thanks to Ubisoft's greed which is the reason he left and I think we all know that. I can't wait to see what they are working on at THQ.RIP AC, you were the greatest....well except your stupid liberal ideals.

wiccanlovely
03-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
wow! good find, I can't believe jean francois was one who left but this is soo confirmation of everything I was arguing about on here last week. I have a feeling AC is a dead franchise thanks to Ubisoft's greed which is the reason he left and I think we all know that. I can't wait to see what they are working on at THQ.RIP AC, you were the greatest....well except your stupid liberal ideals.

Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that the series is dead. Otherwise they wouldn't be release new things, now would they? Money is always a factor because, like it or not, the world does to a point revolve around it. They need to keep making money so that the company can keep going. Yes, its disappointing that Jean Francois left but it happens.

Oh and for the record, I happen to like the liberal views in the game considering I'm liberal.

kriegerdesgottes
03-31-2011, 03:32 AM
well I'm sorry to hear about you being a liberal but although I agree money is important, their decision to make the series annual was a terrible terrible idea. It's no coincidence that about a week before E3 patrice decides to walk out of Ubisoft and around the same exact time we find out oh Ubisoft has decided to make all their big games annual. Then Jean Francois goes out and says the series is taking a well-needed breather and Ubisoft says sorry buddy it's not up to you. Then he says this in an interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKnF8rt1P8 go to about 4:20. Then he disappears from the interviews lol. poor guys. I wish them luck and I hope they make something amazing at THQ. also I hope you begin thinking clearly and stop being a disgusting liberal.

wiccanlovely
03-31-2011, 03:46 AM
I do think that taking a year off would be a good thing if it starts affecting them in a bad way, but I also think if they can keep doing a good job, I don't see a problem with an annual thing.

Also: *shrugs* I don't feel like arguing politics so all I can say is you're welcomed to your own opinions, my good sir.

Grandmaster_Z
03-31-2011, 07:54 AM
i wonder the real reason why patrice left. everyone can speculate but what it really was is not clear. or maybe it was many little things that built up. maybe ac got too big and the vision changed from what he intended. whatever it is, it sucks that he left and too 3 people with him.

Geinref
03-31-2011, 08:22 AM
I remember when i first heard about Patrice leaving i was worried that AC might not do as good but then again Ubisoft has alot of ppl working on this franchise alone. I'm not sure if Corey May is still working on the game or not, i could of sworn someone else took over the story.

Looking at another of my favorite franchise, god of war, each game had a new director and yet the game still stayed strong. The only thing is that each game did take awhile before it came out but it was awesome. Yet again there team probably isn't as big as the ones that are working on AC.

If ubisoft can at least finish desmonds story and plug in all plot holes then im fine. I seriously hope this game doesnt suffer:/

Grandmaster_Z
03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
world keeps on turnin

El_Sjietah
03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
well I'm sorry to hear about you being a liberal but although I agree money is important, their decision to make the series annual was a terrible terrible idea. It's no coincidence that about a week before E3 patrice decides to walk out of Ubisoft and around the same exact time we find out oh Ubisoft has decided to make all their big games annual. Then Jean Francois goes out and says the series is taking a well-needed breather and Ubisoft says sorry buddy it's not up to you. Then he says this in an interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKnF8rt1P8 go to about 4:20. Then he disappears from the interviews lol. poor guys. I wish them luck and I hope they make something amazing at THQ. also I hope you begin thinking clearly and stop being a disgusting liberal.

That's not liberalism, that's capitalism.

At least know what you're talking about when you start talking trash.