PDA

View Full Version : Just Got "The" DVD -Any advantage to Installing it?

ytareh
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
So just arrived home with the Complete Edition DVD version of FB/PF.Ive already got the game fully installed on my PC patched up to 4.04.So apart from showing my financial support for Oleg and team (which I am delighted to do)and having a very handy ,very cheap (25 Euro in GAME,Ireland)copy of the game is there any actual advantage to reinstalling /any extra content /nicer water in the non PF maps etc etc?

Snuffy Smith
04-02-2006, 11:24 AM
If you have a fully merged install of IL2+Aces+PF patched to 4.04m, then you have everything on the disk. I bought a couple too to show support and to give one as a present. I like having what is really a comprehensive single game on disk. It's quite a bundle.

Yambretta
04-02-2006, 11:55 AM
You get a nice flash of some biplane at startup before usual startup screen when booting from DVD other than that no advantage just a show of support and easier install if you need to reinstall.

wonder what that biplane is as it flashes past to fast? ;-)

Wild.Bill.Kelso
04-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Why did you buy it if you already have it?

Bartolomeo_ita
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Wild.Bill.Kelso:
Why did you buy it if you already have it?

from showing my financial support for Oleg and team

ditto!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I'll show my support by buying another Oleg product like BoB! This is wasted money IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

steiner562
04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
So just arrived home with the Complete Edition DVD version of FB/PF.Ive already got the game fully installed on my PC patched up to 4.04.So apart from showing my financial support for Oleg and team (which I am delighted to do)and having a very handy ,very cheap (25 Euro in GAME,Ireland)copy of the game is there any actual advantage to reinstalling /any extra content /nicer water in the non PF maps etc etc?
Hi ytareh,what Game did you buy it in,Im from Cork and havent checked for the DVD yet.
BEST REGARDS
Stein

Breeze147
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Say guys, I have made 8 cd's of my favorite "getting high" music of the '70's and '80's. Since I supply a huge amount of humor on these boards, if you send me $100 + shipping, I will send you copies of my cd's. In this way, you can support my "hobby" and at the same time you'll be helping a wonderful charity.

Treetop64
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Breeze147:
Say guys, I have made 8 cd's of my favorite "getting high" music of the '70's and '80's. Since I supply a huge amount of humor on these boards, if you send me $100 + shipping, I will send you copies of my cd's. In this way, you can support my "hobby" and at the same time you'll be helping a wonderful charity.

Yeah. Well, as they say, "your check is in the mail". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Da_Godfatha
04-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Nope. It is just good for keeping everything in one place. When you have to re-install, it is now idiot-proof to 4.04 .

ytareh
04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Steiner I got it in Dublin ("The Square" shopping centre/mall)