PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Positions

t0n.
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM

3.JG51_BigBear
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
This has been brought up several times and I believe OM doesn't want to compromise the historical accuracy of the sim by using generic gun positions or not allowing players to access the gun positions. I'd rather see more planes with only their cockpits and maybe bombadier positions available but I doubt it will happen.

Von_Zero
12-13-2004, 02:58 PM
well the il2 field mod does not have a gunner position... and it is like that since Il2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

t0n.
12-13-2004, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
This has been brought up several times and I believe OM doesn't want to compromise the historical accuracy of the sim by using generic gun positions or not allowing players to access the gun positions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your comment BigBear.

Generic positions would indeed be aweful, but I can't really see the fault (aside from just consistency) with leaving them out altogether. I'm a recent convert from fighters to bombers and I never use the things.

Not much can ruin immersion more than teleporting around the fuselage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
I understand what you mean about the teleportation but I think that being able to switch between gunner positions allows you to keep a look out and adequately defend the bomber because there is no way to actively communicate with the gunners as a pilot would be able to do in real life. It also makes a huge difference having a human controlled gunner position versus one controlled by the AI, especially online.

Tooz_69GIAP
12-13-2004, 05:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by t0n.:
I'm a recent convert from fighters to bombers and I never use the things.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, how do you survive??? In my He-111 or B-25, if I couldn't access the gunners, I'd die for sure!!!

Being able to get to the gunners means I take at least one or two of the bastardos with me!!!