PDA

View Full Version : reloading torpedos.......

potnoodle2000
07-05-2007, 03:37 AM
in game i seem to reload normally but it wont transfe exterior torpedos to my main load. Why??? It just wont do it? Also I was playing multi player and once i had fired them all off they wouldnt reload at all. Just refused. Had plenty in reserve but it wouldnt reaoad and torpedo crews were full...... how do you go about manually reloadng to make sure the game works??

Evv6857
07-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi Potnoogle2000,

I've only been playing SH3 for about a month but I think I know why your not reloading, think I had same problem.
It's not really a problem external reserves, meaning exactly that, they are stored on the outside, you will have to find somewhere safe and surface then with good deckcrew, reload the tubes.

Check Chief's settings, are you set to silent running?

Good luck, I find patience pays with this sim.

danurve
07-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Greetings potnoodle; If your have crew in the aft/Fforward torpedo rooms make sure your not in silent running and have autoloading checked. External reserves will only move if your surfaced.

potnoodle2000
07-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks guys I'll try that. If I remember correctly I was silent running the multi player time when it wouldnt reload. But was surfaced and ok on the time when it wouldnt transfer exterior torpedos. I tried to click and drag and everything. No joy.

geoffwessex
07-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Loading external torpedoes:

1. On the surface
2. Not in Silent Running
3. Appropriate crew in the compartment (fore and/or aft) (Helps to have an officer in there too)
4. The move doesn't start to happen immediately - if you're in real time you probably won't see any movement of the black line that moves across the external torpedo as it is gradually eased out. Stick with it, or come back to it in a few minutes.

In real life, the torpedo would have to be lifted out from under the casing and slid into the torpedo loading hatch - a dangerous job even in harbour, quite impossible in even a normal ocean swell. However, the game lets you do it in any sea state.