PDA

View Full Version : AC Kinect in the future?

ConanLurbakke
12-29-2010, 03:38 AM
I know there's an old topic for this, but its from August. I'd like to hear what you think about the Kinect + AC combination.

I thought Assassins Creed 1 was fascinating yet extremely repetitive. AC2 and ACB fixed a lot of the problems but I still missed some gameplay elements but I can't deny that AC is fun and fascinating.

When you workout it's even more repetitive than gaming, but not as fun. Although I'd like to exercise, a lot of the time its simply too boring and I don't workout as much as I'm surposed to. If you combine the two, Assassins Creeds great story, graphics and gameplay and working out, I think we'd really be on to something.

The stuff you'd have to do would fit workout fine too. Movements that looks like jumbing, climbing, swimming and running is already in most workout sessions.

So, how would it work? Im thinking most movements should be arm controlled. Legs would be more optional or for more power - except for stuff like jumping. I think most arm controlled movements are pretty logical. I can easily picture fighting and kill movements, aiming a crossbow, throwing, picking up etc. Or movements for climbing a wall, a ladder, swimming. And running/walking would be moving arms like if you walk/run/blend in. Im sure they could test it and see what works. Remember you'd be able to see the character react while you are moving and you know what you're trying to make him do.

Turning around is a bit more tricky. But the kinect can detect if you turn your body slightly, so that would make the camera spining until you face the camera again. Turning more would spin faster. Another solution could be pointing with you arm - this you can do very quickly, like a mouse movement. And yet another solution, would be stepping to the side. Kinect can detect if you stand in the center of the space, if you move a step forward, backwards or to the side. Movement + camera could be controlled like this too.

I really hope they are building a small test version of Assassins Creed to see if it can be done. Maybe they'd have to make a special Kinect version, maybe it could be an option in any AC. Eighter way, if they pull it off, it could be epic.

And if you couldn't play for more than half an hour, because you'd be too exhausted? Well, that's a good thing. Working out is pretty healty, you know.

PhiIs1618033
12-29-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm against this. What would you give the PS3 users?

Also, when I play AC, I'd like to focus on playing the game properly and paying attention tot the story, not jumping around like some madman.

ConanLurbakke
12-29-2010, 03:57 AM
Personally I think you would be even more engaged in the story, if you use your body, get exhausted and actually do every move yourself. But you would probably buy AC3 instead of AC Kinect or select controller in options?

I don't care or know what PS3 people should have, but I guess something Move related.

CharDude
12-29-2010, 04:07 AM
They would never do this. It's a cross platform game. They wouldn't take the time to individually develop for the underwhelming Kinect, and equally mediocre Move.

Ass4ssin8me
12-29-2010, 04:25 AM
I have a Wii and had it before my x-box. I got my x-box to get away from the constant moving of Wii games. Don't get me wrong gaming with motion capture and similar technology are fun but just not my thing. Also it would destroy the gameplay would it not?

TheSpectator
12-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Don't worry in less than 10 years we will have a tron like setup where we go into the game so stay tuned for that.

Master_Rahl
12-29-2010, 06:45 AM
I like the idea, but ultimately, it wouldn't work. I'd love to do all of those things myself, but the fact of the matter is, it wouldn't be as smooth as on the consoles (or on PC, for that matter). Perhaps if they came out with some kind of curved television that forms around you and allows you to look and see in every direction, it may be better. They would need better technologies, too, that could tell if you turn your head. If you turn your head to look at the screen behind you, the camera goes to that angle. You turn the rest of your body and the character turns that way.

But I can't see any current technology being able to make it work. Besides, many people own a PS3, and it'd be quite unfair to have a cross-platform game give totally different gameplay to another system. I myself own a PS3.

tyrce111
12-29-2010, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't buy it!
I would be exhuasted before I even escaped a group of agiles!
Mabey It would work for sword fighting...

Quak0r01
12-29-2010, 07:08 AM
If you're talking about an AC game in the same style as the last 3 major AC releases then I don't think it could work.

If it's any game in the AC franchise then it could work with the rumoured Assassin's Creed strategy game. (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/24/assassins-creed-stategy-gamemmo-in-the-pipeline/)

Jarek23
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Kinect/PS move and all the games for them cater to kids with ADHD who are too wired up to concentrate on any type of story and need to move around constantly to keep any type of interest in what they're doing...This wouldn't work considering AC titles are very story based and extremely visual (most players love to take their time to take in the view of it all)

TreFacTor
12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
NOoooooo! Please for all that is good in the universe NO! Look how stupid WOW looks using motion controls!

http://kotaku.com/5719996/kine...ay-world-of-warcraft (http://kotaku.com/5719996/kinect-hacked-to-play-world-of-warcraft)

Quak0r01
12-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by TreFacTor:
NOoooooo! Please for all that is good in the universe NO! Look how stupid WOW looks using motion controls!

http://kotaku.com/5719996/kine...ay-world-of-warcraft (http://kotaku.com/5719996/kinect-hacked-to-play-world-of-warcraft)

Now this comparison is not really appropriate as the wow one is based on hack and the controls have no polish whatsoever. It's actually more like a prove of concept rather then a finished product.

magesupermaster
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM
That's a no for me.
Not because I don't own an XBox, but because motion controles are not the future and they are not the solution to everything(Or rather the new rocky, sweaty road that just opened).

LordWolv
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
That would be an absolute fail, even though I have Kinect and I love AC, I wouldn't buy it. To be honest, kinect and move are ideas for extra cash. They're nowhere near the 'next generation of gaming'. Infact, it will be AGES before something can replace the classic but awesome joystick device.

jzsnyder
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
That would be an absolute fail, even though I have Kinect and I love AC, I wouldn't buy it. To be honest, kinect and move are ideas for extra cash. They're nowhere near the 'next generation of gaming'. Infact, it will be AGES before something can replace the classic but awesome joystick device.

I concure. The gameplay would be just too glitchy. Imagine trying to hop from rooftop to rooftop by simply moving your legs. Platforming in this sense would be a disaster...

HarlequinsRus
12-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
Don't worry in less than 10 years we will have a tron like setup where we go into the game so stay tuned for that.
This. Idk if it will be 10 years, maybe 20, but soon we will lie down, but on some helmet, and basically dream the games, you run around like crazy, killing dudes, but its all in your head. OR like Tron, where were in the game. But with the technology now, a game like AC would suck on Kinect first of all, and not be as fun as you hope.

LaFawn
12-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:

I concure. The gameplay would be just too glitchy. Imagine trying to hop from rooftop to rooftop by simply moving your legs. Platforming in this sense would be a disaster... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with both of you. I would not buy the game if they did that.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
No no no no no no. No. No, this idea is bad. So no.

burtie80
12-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry no way!

Masta_Pain
12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
This is honestly the worst idea ever. How are you going to move around? run on the spot and look like an idiot? uggh.

MrJLBoyyy
12-30-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't like the idea. Most people wouldn't use it, and remember that it's optional please. It would be too much of an investment they could be using on something else, like story.

SlimeDynamiteD
12-30-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm very much against it, If I want to play a game I want to play it on the couch with chips. If I want to move, train, exercise I'll go to the gym.

That said, I think that if you'd play AC on the Kinect you'll be more concentrated on running, climbing, fighting and all that instead of being concentrated to the storyline.

So I'll vote against http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2010, 03:54 AM
no...just no...these games are not kinect friendly. also the whole move thing is ******ed anyway. just no.