PDA

View Full Version : I'd suggest to take out the minimap



capteenix
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
It takes out the chasing part of the game in my opinion, I mean The minimap tells us where our target is even when we don't see him.

For better explaining I will now use a little example in here:

Let's talk about the example where you failed to murder your target that flees after the failed execution right in the town. You try to catch him, but you happen to encounter your targets bodyguards and lose the sight.

With the current Minimap you don't have to worry about losing your target as it seems, you already know where the ******* is fleeing.
But lets take his Icon COMPLETELLY OUT OF THE GAME/MINIMAP. All we know is how our target looks and the man even glows.

In this situation I would now take care of the guards and get to the roofs to locate him, once finding him, now I would try my luck to execute him again.

With the icon on the minimap I would just run and catch him and end the mission too fast and without much skills and in my head this tastes as dry as it can be. This will actually force the player to use the Parkour skills. to locate him and eliminate.

The minimap is like a empty hamburger and tastes dry, really.
I'd suggest to take atleast the icon of the target out of the minimap, or in better case let's take out the minimap completelly out, because it takes too much screen and looks stupid anyway.

Thank you for reading this, Dear Assassins.

altairiscool
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah I can see that being to easy. But they won't take it out. Its to late in the game.

SCARFACE_47
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
you can close the hud
99%
i don´t remember any free roam game where you couldn´t close the hud permanently

Atheist2012
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd want a nice, somewhat difficult game, even if it meant searching for a guy for an hour after he got away. I'd like to enjoy the whole experience. If using the mini-map is an option, I won't use it.

chewbacca112
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
maps are my friend

AltairKensei
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I believe taking the the Icon for the target off the minimap is a great Idea because I don't mind the challenge off searching for the target and I'm most excited about the game because of the parkour abilities... taking out the actual minimap might be taking a step to far because though you can go to the large main map it's easier to use the minimap to find where you are in most cases

JN006
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
So you can see the target at anytime... why investigating then!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
No map in this game... No to sure about it. I want it and I know my map by heart... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

A toggle on/off... yeah maybe, but that your op!
VIVA EL MAPPO!
Cheers,
JN006

BUSTALOT
07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
this game has alot of things that i would like to be able to turn off for example... the glowing opponents, health bar and map. but you have to understand all games are directed to both casual and hardcore gamers alike so talking it out of the game would cause many people to get frustrated about losing there opponent and in a trilogy like this game it is fundamental to keep the buyers happy in order to make the future releases just as popular. so i just hope that the options to toggle on/off .

Mulle_DK13
07-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure you can disable the HUD, 'cause in many of the videos of AC the HUD is not there at all!

BUSTALOT
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
I'm pretty sure you can disable the HUD, 'cause in many of the videos of AC the HUD is not there at all!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif i didn't even think about that dee da dee... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

capteenix
07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BUSTALOT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
I'm pretty sure you can disable the HUD, 'cause in many of the videos of AC the HUD is not there at all!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif i didn't even think about that dee da dee... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bet they didn't have a hud in those times :P

BUSTALOT
07-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by capteenix:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BUSTALOT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
I'm pretty sure you can disable the HUD, 'cause in many of the videos of AC the HUD is not there at all!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif i didn't even think about that dee da dee... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bet they didn't have a hud in those times :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but spartan 117 has a HUD and isnt he from 1191?

capteenix
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JN006:
So you can see the target at anytime... why investigating then!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
No map in this game... No to sure about it. I want it and I know my map by heart... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

A toggle on/off... yeah maybe, but that your op!
VIVA EL MAPPO!
Cheers,
JN006
I like investigating. I like searching. I like challenge!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

And by the way. If I get lost in the Jerusalem I know who to scream at. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

The_Sphinx
07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
It's simple gameplay mechanic..

When you lose sight of your target the chances are almost 100% you'll NEVER find him again without a HUD. It's a needle in a haystack, you'd run around for hours and hours searching.

It's similar to GTA carchase missions: without the HUD you're doomed to lose your opponent and restart the mission.

gamepro11
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by capteenix:
It takes out the chasing part of the game in my opinion, I mean The minimap tells us where our target is even when we don't see him.

For better explaining I will now use a little example in here:

Let's talk about the example where you failed to murder your target that flees after the failed execution right in the town. You try to catch him, but you happen to encounter your targets bodyguards and lose the sight.

With the current Minimap you don't have to worry about losing your target as it seems, you already know where the ******* is fleeing.
But lets take his Icon COMPLETELLY OUT OF THE GAME/MINIMAP. All we know is how our target looks and the man even glows.

In this situation I would now take care of the guards and get to the roofs to locate him, once finding him, now I would try my luck to execute him again.

With the icon on the minimap I would just run and catch him and end the mission too fast and without much skills and in my head this tastes as dry as it can be. This will actually force the player to use the Parkour skills. to locate him and eliminate.

The minimap is like a empty hamburger and tastes dry, really.
I'd suggest to take atleast the icon of the target out of the minimap, or in better case let's take out the minimap completelly out, because it takes too much screen and looks stupid anyway.

Thank you for reading this, Dear Assassins. actually the mini map doesn't show you where your target is and its not a mini map. its a map of the city's landscape and buildings. not like the meuroders map in harry potter that shows you every single person. you have to search for him and pick up clues and then find him in the crowd. Ubisoft was going for realism. not a boring assassination if you could just find your target that easily.