PDA

View Full Version : An open plea to whom ever is responsible.

Udidtoo
01-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Mods, please read this far enough in to realize that I'm not trying to start a flame here an lock this on me. I know that personal issues are for PM's but I can't PM sommeone if I don't know who to PM.

To the individual or individuals who are hammering my email from htmail accounts I really wish you would get bored and stop doing what your doing. I'll grant you for the 1st 20 or so I was at least impressed with your persistance. Ive never used hotmails but it must be pretty easy to set up or your just really quick at it.

I even bothered to answer the 1st couple. Let me do so again here. I don't have a link to the thing we can't mention. I don't myself posess the thing we can't mention. I wouldn't tell you how to find it did I know where to look. As I understand it its possibly illegel, you must be aware of that as well as you keep referring to it as the illegel ****k. Last, I myself don't have a problem with reaching over and Carefully removine a disc and inserting another. I've never lost a audio cd, PC or PS2 disc or DVD to damage. I don't think its luck. its cause I'm careful....you could be too.

I don't know how you got my email or why you have chosin me but its obvious from some of your E's that you are familer with both this forum and the simm. Don't you realise that all the time and effort your wasting by your sending E after E is time you could be using to hone your skills and become a virtual Ace.

Last even though I'm pretty sure your on the youngish side and I'm probably wasting my time let me try and appeal to your better nature. You must have a lot of time to kill to go through me blocking account after account and you just keep pouring in the new ones. I know about killing time too you see. I don't know why you come here but I know why I do. It allows me to meet my old friends and new ones from all over the world who love airplanes. I don't know why you like AEP/PF but I know why I do. When I take off an get airborn, I'm not trapped in this house and stuck in this chair. I'm a Knight of the skies, a pilot extrodinaire and d@mnit I'm useful again.

Constantly haveing to go thru your yards of mail and delete them takes away from the time I get to pursue my passion for this game. Please, will you stop now?

PS, if anyone knows how I can block htmials from coming through but still allow my friends who use it to mail me please let me know. This new Hispeed is really a godsend out here in the middle of nowhere but the Email that come with it is really mmmmm not so good but I'm hoping to avoid having to go through all the trouble of going and getting a mail service somwhere else when this one is free from our provider.

JG52Uther
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I gotta say mate even this could be to much! Maybe try to edit it some more.

Udidtoo
01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I appriciate your concern Uther but I am neither advocating anything or directing anyone to anything thru a link or implication.

I'm just asking someone to please, could you reconsider and stop harraseing me.

T_O_A_D
01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
For one if your using Hotmail you can set it to filter out all mail, that comes in if you don't already have its addy in your address book. Thats how I do it. If I'm expecting a new mail from somewhere I check for it in junk mail. Once there, I delete the rest without looking at them.

I'll leave it open for awhile, But if it get out of hand its gone, no questions.

Udidtoo
01-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey Toad, than you for the speedy reply but I don't have hotmail myselg...just the generic junker that comes with CableAZ. Its a Hotmail they are deluging me from and all I have is "block this account" and they use a new one everytime.

I'm afraid I'm just going to end up switching to another mail service and thats a pain, letting everyone know. I've only just had this service a few months.

T_O_A_D
01-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Rgr Understand. I never use my ISP account for email for just this reason. I learned it the hard way aswell. Another reason is back in the dail up days ISP would come and go and it was a pin to tell all my buddies my addy changed again. So I got Hotmail, yahoo, bla bla bla. Hot mail so far has been the best for me. Since it filters the way it does. I really doubt Hotmail will go away anytime soon. Plus they will scan your mail for virus's and stuff first before you scan it again with your protection. If you use Outlook for your ISP addy, You have already downloaded it into your hard drive before you get a chance to scan it.

Udidtoo
01-08-2005, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Rgr Understand. I never use my ISP account for email for just this reason. I learned it the hard way aswell. Another reason is back in the dail up days ISP would come and go and it was a pin to tell all my buddies my addy changed again. So I got Hotmail, yahoo, bla bla bla. Hot mail so far has been the best for me. Since it filters the way it does. I really doubt Hotmail will go away anytime soon. Plus they will scan your mail for virus's and stuff first before you scan it again with your protection. If you use Outlook for your ISP addy, You have already downloaded it into your hard drive before you get a chance to scan it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After talking with a tech person from my provider it would appear you are 100% correct and all I can really do is set up a hotmail of my own like you suggested for my email, start letting my friends know my new addy and then Monday morning let my little upstart company know that I won't be needing their mail service and cancel it.

So, to whomever. in a hour and 1/2 I'll be taxi'ing down a runway with my squaddies having the time of my life. I'll get up tommorow with a smile because its a new day and you'll still be a sad little person with far, far to much time on your hands.

steve_v
01-08-2005, 04:32 PM
If you don't get any relief from being reasonable, there are other alternatives. I will leave a few links for you to browse at your leisure.

spam abuse homepage: http://spam.abuse.net/
How to complain: http://spam.abuse.net/userhelp/howtocomplain.shtml

Having a yahoo account displayed as part of my public profile, you would be surprised at some of things I get. Email providers do not want their services abused and will assist you in stopping the harrassment of unsolicited messages at the source. Your current ISP, along with hotmail, should provide you the neccessary information to make a formal complaint.

edit: I see you have found a solution while I was typing this.

Udidtoo
01-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the links Steve V ...its probably a blessing in disguise if I just look at it right. The mail I been using doen't have any filters and works about 1/2 time so I'll getting a more reliable mail and if this stops the person/persons from hounding me...good enough for me.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Troll2k
01-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I was going to say document your incoming emails and place a complaint to hotmail and have this guy banned from hotmail.

T_O_A_D
01-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Thats good news http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif