PDA

View Full Version : yes another bug...this time in ratings

oozziejoe
12-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Alas...

i played a number of 15 minute games and finally, having mastered the time management issues, I managed to work my way up to 1674. I had 40 games so it was not provisional rating. then i played seb and uped the time to 20 minutes. I lost about 450 points.......that is just flat out a bug. It does not show youdifferent ratings for different time periods.

I know one other person complained. thought i would support his view

oozziejoe
12-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Alas...

i played a number of 15 minute games and finally, having mastered the time management issues, I managed to work my way up to 1674. I had 40 games so it was not provisional rating. then i played seb and uped the time to 20 minutes. I lost about 450 points.......that is just flat out a bug. It does not show youdifferent ratings for different time periods.

I know one other person complained. thought i would support his view

diskamyl
12-19-2007, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oozziejoe:
Alas...

I know one other person complained. thought i would support his view </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still not sure if this is really a bug, especially when you consider that your rating decreased when you chose to stop playing at blitz time controls and start playing at standart time controls.

oozziejoe
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
it is a minor bug probabably, or bad design. you can view only one rating, so its not like you can see a blitz, bullet, or standard rating. If you switch time controls, it does seem to treat you as provisional. So i seemed to lose my 15 minute (still considered blitz?) rating. I found that if you go back to the blitz time control, it will initially give me my standard rating, but after one game it goes back to the blitz rating (though it adjusts your elo after that game based on the standard time control)

I hope that makes sense. the point is, you really have to stay with one time control for the elo to make sense. A pity

Pr0metheus 1962
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I've had the same bug and I only ever play 40 moves in 40 minutes. It dropped me from 1100 to 650 for one game, then I was magically back up to 1100 again by the next game. It's not a real hassle, but it makes it a bit difficult to accurately judge my progress over time when these huge dips keep popping up.

I guess I might have accidentally selected blitz (as it seems to be the default time setting).