PDA

View Full Version : First mission and look what happened!

P_Plucker
10-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi guys,

Just fired up my first PF campaign and chose the Aussies in New Guinea. As I was admiring the scenery on Autopilot my Beaufighter and the rest of the squadron all simultaneously flew into the side of a mountain!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/Pheasant_Plucker/Stoopid.jpg

I coudln't believe it, we weren't even one third of the way to the target. I suppose I could fly manually in future but what will stop the rest of the squadron wiping itself out?

Can anyone please advise if there is a fix or if it is being worked on. I wonder how this behaviour got past the testers as well.

Lt.Davis
10-29-2004, 08:25 AM
download the Dgen (see sticky) edit: see sticky at general forum.

Mence
10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Relax. Go here for the fix.

DGEN UPDATE (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/pacificfighters/dgenbeta311.zip.html)

P_Plucker
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Cheers, and thanks for the quick replies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P_Plucker
10-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh well. I d/lded the DGen and extracted it to the PF directory. Fired up the game as the Aussies again and they immediately wiped themselves out on the nearest mountain side once more. Am I doing something wrong or is it still broken?

TIA.

USN_VF1Hartmann
10-29-2004, 09:13 AM
AI doesn't see the hills. In the ocean I saw Zekes losing control and doing barrel rolls right into the ocean as well.

HexAngel
10-29-2004, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P_Plucker:
Oh well. I d/lded the DGen and extracted it to the PF directory. Fired up the game as the Aussies again and they immediately wiped themselves out on the nearest mountain side once more. Am I doing something wrong or is it still broken?

TIA. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try deleting this career (on the career selectiion screen) and start it again from the beginning.

STENKA_69.GIAP
10-29-2004, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P_Plucker:
Aussies in New Guinea. As I was admiring the scenery on Autopilot my Beaufighter and the rest of the squadron all simultaneously flew into the side of a mountain!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you switch on the autopilot any Australian pilot will crack open a six pack of Tooheys and you know what happens next - this has been perfectly modelled to reflect reality - so I can't see what you are complaining about.

Padlock the fridge and don't use autopilot.

Hydralistic
10-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Same problem. Used that dgen but still the bombers crash on the hill.

Hydra

e5kimo
10-31-2004, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STENKA_69.GIAP:
Aussies in New Guinea. As I was admiring the scenery on Autopilot my Beaufighter and the rest of the squadron all simultaneously flew into the side of a mountain!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you switch on the autopilot any Australian pilot will crack open a six pack of Tooheys and you know what happens next - this has been perfectly modelled to reflect reality - so I can't see what you are complaining about.

Padlock the fridge and don't use autopilot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well in reality the tooheys or beer in general is to aussies like spinach to popeye so i guess this aspect of the sim is not modeled correctly. if anything the lack of beer would make them crash.
havent tried the dgen patch yet. had hoped it would fix the issue. i guess i will have to stick with home made missions for the time being then.

Athosd
10-31-2004, 05:57 PM
I applied the DGEN update and now my Beaufighter squadron sails over the Owen Stanleys with loads of room to spare.
The new DGEN adds in additional wps near the take-off that allow the AI to get some height.
Haven't tried any other campaigns yet - but the only friendlies I've noticed running into the terrain were battle damaged.

Cheers

Athos

PS - Its a little known fact that the Japanese name for the Beaufighter, "Whispering Death", was actually inspired by the sound made by empty stubbies flung out of the plane during the attack.

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Hydra if they are still crashing you did not install correctly. The new DGENBETA3.11 fixes it 100%

Mk2aw

Athosd
10-31-2004, 06:37 PM
When extracting the DGEN files into your PF install ensure that "use folder names" (or similar if not using winzip) is flagged - this retains the pathing for the files.

If you happened to extract all the files into PF without their paths then the DGEN will not function correctly.

Cheers

Athos