PDA

View Full Version : Next gen of Simulations

Frenchminem
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
did anybody have tested the GOOGLE EARTH database!!???
I tried it, and i must say that I love It... even, if tere's not yet, the same level of precision everywhere, and that, some other information would be great on map...
so, i was thinking, that soon, thoses images, and such databases could be used by Plane simulatiions...
would be great!!! (well... for now, it's precise enought for space planes simulations... or high altitude planes... héhé!!
but, on the best covered cities... Paris, NY, or LA... you can see cars, and boats...
and. my house!!??

Frenchminem
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
did anybody have tested the GOOGLE EARTH database!!???
I tried it, and i must say that I love It... even, if tere's not yet, the same level of precision everywhere, and that, some other information would be great on map...
so, i was thinking, that soon, thoses images, and such databases could be used by Plane simulatiions...
would be great!!! (well... for now, it's precise enought for space planes simulations... or high altitude planes... héhé!!
but, on the best covered cities... Paris, NY, or LA... you can see cars, and boats...
and. my house!!??

Dragon1721
07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Google Earth is cool, but some of the images are 2+ years old.

Especially cool is the old Kelly AFB in San Antonio where you can see huge C-5 Galaxy's sitting on the parking ramp, and Norfolk, Virgina, where you can see some of the fleet carriers tied up to the dock. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ytareh
07-22-2005, 04:37 PM
This is Soooooo cool ,thanks French!

Tully__
07-23-2005, 05:10 AM
A lot of sim data alread comes from satellite elevation and photo data. The results are good for high altitude flight but something that provides a lot more fidelity is required for realistic landscapes when flying at low altitude.