PDA

View Full Version : Nice Touches on 1st patched flight

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:42 AM
I've only had time for one post-patch flight, but so far, so good!

At first, I thought the sound was porked - my engine noise was coming only/mostly out of my rear speakers except when I panned left or right in the cockpit. I'd read about supposed sound bugs in the patch, so I tried every combination in FB sound setup, but to no avail. Then I went out to desktop and ran a speaker test in the Creative HQ applet - turns out when I moved my PC yesterday (into the room where I plan to project FB onto the wall and play it at 8ftx6ft size!) I reversed the plugs into my soundcard so that I plugged my front speakers into the rear speaker jack - LOL. Switched them back, and FB sounds just great now.

Having fixed that, I proceeded to fly a mission in the Experten campaign - a flight in a snowstorm at the gates of Moscow. I noticed 2 cool new things right away - (1) I practically had to stand on my right rudder pedal to keep my Bf-109 from slewing around to the left on taxi and takeoff (I'd read somewhere that 109 pilots had to do that to compensate for the torque or something, and had wondered why this wasn't modelled in FB before); and (2) as my schwarm leader gunned his engine and began his take-off roll, I was almost blinded by the snow blowing back off the runway from his prop wash - totally cool effect.

It was too cloudy/overcast to tell much about any improved view from high altitudes, but I did notice the more impressive plumes of fire and smoke from the crash sites of downed planes. Very nice!

I'll have to wait till later to check out lots of other stuff about the patch, but a preliminary tip of the flight helmet to Oleg and crew for the results so far. Thanks guys!

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:42 AM
I've only had time for one post-patch flight, but so far, so good!

At first, I thought the sound was porked - my engine noise was coming only/mostly out of my rear speakers except when I panned left or right in the cockpit. I'd read about supposed sound bugs in the patch, so I tried every combination in FB sound setup, but to no avail. Then I went out to desktop and ran a speaker test in the Creative HQ applet - turns out when I moved my PC yesterday (into the room where I plan to project FB onto the wall and play it at 8ftx6ft size!) I reversed the plugs into my soundcard so that I plugged my front speakers into the rear speaker jack - LOL. Switched them back, and FB sounds just great now.

Having fixed that, I proceeded to fly a mission in the Experten campaign - a flight in a snowstorm at the gates of Moscow. I noticed 2 cool new things right away - (1) I practically had to stand on my right rudder pedal to keep my Bf-109 from slewing around to the left on taxi and takeoff (I'd read somewhere that 109 pilots had to do that to compensate for the torque or something, and had wondered why this wasn't modelled in FB before); and (2) as my schwarm leader gunned his engine and began his take-off roll, I was almost blinded by the snow blowing back off the runway from his prop wash - totally cool effect.

It was too cloudy/overcast to tell much about any improved view from high altitudes, but I did notice the more impressive plumes of fire and smoke from the crash sites of downed planes. Very nice!

I'll have to wait till later to check out lots of other stuff about the patch, but a preliminary tip of the flight helmet to Oleg and crew for the results so far. Thanks guys!

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Has anybody else noticed the sweet turbulance (sp?) effect upon the water when you fly just above the surface? It works over land also and it looks sweet!

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Nice things you are saying. I have patch burnd on CD, but now I am at work and I can't try it. How about some pictures, that we could see those effects? (So that time would go faster while looking at)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:29 AM
u bet! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

EmbarkChief wrote:
- Has anybody else noticed the sweet turbulance (sp?)
- effect upon the water when you fly just above the
- surface? It works over land also and it looks
- sweet!
-
-

http://home.online.no/~gunn-al/vikingmask.jpg

Viking Power!
http://kickme.to/viperviking

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Pictures please!

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:50 PM
I con't host a pic but go here and you will see what I mean.

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zbcat