PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Mode and Mission Completion

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Hello Fellow Pilots,

Two questions today.

I have selected the Perfect Mode of Landscape Detail and it works great with no appreciable drop in performance. However, I notice "funny" linear/circular patterns at times in forested areas. Is this normal? I have a Radeon 9700 (128MB) with all the latest drivers. This didn't happen under the Excellent setting.

Secondly, once I get the Mission Completed message during a campaign game, can I quit to the menu and still advance or must I always land back at my base (settings mostly realistic - I know I can change my Difficulty settings not to involve take-off and landing).

Thanks in advance for you response.

---------------------------------------
Online Presence - TacticalSkirmish

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Hello Fellow Pilots,

Two questions today.

I have selected the Perfect Mode of Landscape Detail and it works great with no appreciable drop in performance. However, I notice "funny" linear/circular patterns at times in forested areas. Is this normal? I have a Radeon 9700 (128MB) with all the latest drivers. This didn't happen under the Excellent setting.

Secondly, once I get the Mission Completed message during a campaign game, can I quit to the menu and still advance or must I always land back at my base (settings mostly realistic - I know I can change my Difficulty settings not to involve take-off and landing).

Thanks in advance for you response.

---------------------------------------
Online Presence - TacticalSkirmish

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Heh...yeah, I have the Radeon 9700 Pro, and I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my system. I set perfect mode, and I used to get the swirly stuff in the forest, however the new drivers for Radeons (3.7) got rid of that, but I still get a weird color change in the water. Instead of being blue, it flashes to different colors every couple seconds. I thought the new drivers would help out, but I guess Il-2 just doesn't like the radeon cards...http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif