PDA

View Full Version : Ageia PhysX & Saitek Pedals info...



Bearcat99
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM
http://www.simhq.com/_all/images/all_018a_004.jpg (http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_018d.html)

http://www.simhq.com/_all/images/all_018a_021.jpg

Sounds good.... but I hope the price comes down... then again it looks like they have more features than the CH pedals... and the SST software is great... so I dunno.. maybe Ill get a set and give my CHs to my son.

Diablo310th
05-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Bear......how do they compare in size and stability to CH's?

Bearcat99
05-11-2006, 09:03 AM
All I know is what is in the review. But the review sounds pretty decent. A big plus IMO is the SST software.

stathem
05-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Le pedals, eh, c'est combien?

HelSqnProtos
05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
All I know is what is in the review. But the review sounds pretty decent. A big plus IMO is the SST software.

Mechanical Pots though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ....... looks like Simpeds are still the best. Or even better the old Thrustmasters will Hall sensors installed. Such a shame. I was hoping they would top the market. Maybe you can retrofit new sensors on them.

Here is the link to the review. http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_018d.html

rugame
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I would not go the PPU card just yet. They have benchmarked one and the game (GRAW) runs slower with it active then not, and the difference is not that great. It has a future but just not yet imho.

Freelancer-1
05-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Like all Saitek stuff, the designers need to ease up on the weed before submitting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

That said, I like Saitek as well as CH and a little competition is always good for us, the consumers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SATAN_23rd
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
The physics card is interesting, but I dont think it is ready yet, but maybe in a few years when they end up partnering with one of the vid card makers, or are bought out by one of them.

Bearcat99
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
Mechanical Pots though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ....... looks like Simpeds are still the best. Or even better the old Thrustmasters will Hall sensors installed. Such a shame. I was hoping they would top the market. Maybe you can retrofit new sensors on them.

Here is the link to the review. http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_018d.html

Yeah.. I actually linked the review in the pic of the PhysX card.... I think thats a drag too.... the mechanical pots... but they still look decent... and the SST software is really nice... The Simpeds are the best out there... I was kinfd of surprised that they are as much as they said... $130... Personally I dont think they will sell too many at that price.. unless there is something reall nice about them that they change.

HelSqnProtos
05-12-2006, 01:27 AM
S~!

For ergonomic design its hard to beat the old thruster pedals they were and still are beautiful examples of pedals. Many of the cougar guys are scooping them up and installing Hall sensors. I will look at that as well. Though as far as I am aware there are no toe brakes on the thrustmasters.

I agree with you on the price of the Saiteks. 130 is just too much. They have to break that 100 dollar mark. The more under that the better. Given the rather crappy pots......... thats a lot of money.

Call_me_Kanno
05-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by SATAN_23rd:
The physics card is interesting, but I dont think it is ready yet, but maybe in a few years when they end up partnering with one of the vid card makers, or are bought out by one of them.

The card is available with the new Alienware PC rigs.