PDA

View Full Version : 3(actually 4) Reasons the next AC game should take place in 1800's london

thebutcherhead
12-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Allright, I don't really have a lot of time so I'm going to keep this brief short, and sweet. Also, I'm making this thread after reading a couple of others to sum up some things I think would look well together.

I remember after AC 2 a bunch of hardcore fans said they wanted a Rome dlc for AC 2 and afterwards a year later we got a treat with AC Brotherhood. This gives me a little faith and and winkling hope for the next AC game in Victorian/ 1800's London. Reasons why?

1) It would be awesome

2) I think with a lot of current films like sherlock homes, the wolfman and whatnot fresh in recent memory make the era ripe for an AC game. If AC would ever have a game take place in 19th century England now would be an ideal time, at least I think.

3) Weather. Since AC 1 we have continued to see the environments of the series grow and become more visually stunning. AC 2 was an overall improvement over the first game with more detail and texture in the buildings, the only exception being the awkward foreground-waning distance breakline thing in the grass fields plagueing the tuscan countryside. In AC Brotherhood though, this was virtually unnoticeable, blended together so that the overall transition looked a lot more smooth in effect. We also got to see really nice new additions to the environment like the water and the new sunglare effect in Rome that you see while climbing walls and walking on ground level through the city streets.

So while overall, I'm not at all worried the environments in the AC games will ever get stale or boring, but I think one new addition that would absolutely surpass anything we've seen in AC games so far would be the inclusion of changing weather, esp rain and fog. Adding a change like this would not only add a whole new layer of diversity visually to the environments in the game, it would change the pace and atmosphere of the gameplay and could make for some intense dramatic scenes during missions from story mode. Things like the ability to use fog as a new method for escape and breaking the line of sight from pursueing guards, or making sharp turns in slippery alley ways or on rooftops making it difficult for them to keep up, or vice versa adding challange to free running for the player could make the overall gameplay experience more immersive and in a way renewed for the player. And aesthetically, where else would these new weather features look better than in the streets, alleyways, and rooftops of a 19th century ac London? Also, I would like to see citizens from this era with their black umbrella's and a new Assassin's raincoat style robes like the one from the russia era comic. would be delicious.

4) This one's kinda dumb but the inclusion of early cars. Since the inevitable release of AC 3 is likely on its way sometime in the near future, especially considering how Desmonds story is likely going to conclude sometime around fictional 2012, I think ignoring the presence of cars in the modern world might be difficult or wierd for AC 3. If the mechanic is ever going to be included in AC games an early version of it might be a good before we get AC 3, and an 1800's London setting could be a cool place to see it for the first time.

So yeah, there's my 4 reasons and not exactly brief but yeah. Please post how much you agree with this brilliant idea and anything you would like to add. I gots to go for now byebye.

Oh yeah, I don't want to find out Desmond's related to jack the ripper. Switching from Ezio ladie's man to lady serial killer is a bit drastic for me. Feel free to agree to a historically unknown figure don't want those negative connotations to our beloved assassin.

Reecieboi15
12-19-2010, 03:46 AM
i love the idea it sounds great i think keep the robes but make some clothes you can change into like rain coats and stuff to change notoriaty and also jack the rippper could be a templer

LordWolv
12-19-2010, 04:06 AM
I don't know why, but I'm not very fond of the idea. I personally want a 2012 one with desmond next.

Rakudaton
12-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Actually, I don't see why Desmond's playable ancestor couldn't be Jack the Ripper. After all, in AC2+B we noticed how the heralds basically spread propaganda about how Ezio is just a murderer. Why couldn't Jack have just been a good-guy assassin, but the Templars bribed and edited the record-keepers so that he was thought to be a serial killer?

But I totally agree with it being set in 1800's London - that would be awesome. If it isn't, I'd like it to be set in the French Revolution (what I wanted for AC2, but now it looks like we'll actually get it). If they divide up half the game into the ancestor and the other half for Desmond, that would be cool. I was thinking, maybe Desmond could explore the modern day Holy Land? Maybe just Jerusalem? It'd be really cool to see how Jerusalem's changed... we'd get a lot of deja vu moments.

soccerblaze77
12-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Not to be harsh or anything, but I don't think it will be in London, if you follow all the clues in Brotherhood they all lead to it being the French Revolution, although it's kinda weird if it was, because we went from Far East, to Europe Italy, then France..that's right next to it? And Jupiter's tomb is in France, so that's another clue it will be there, I wouldn't be surprised if they did Russia, or the early civilization of the U.S. tbh. I'd like to see more of Desmond in the game though, notice how they're introducing more and more of desmond into the games.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

QuantumSheep1
12-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
I don't know why, but I'm not very fond of the idea. I personally want a 2012 one with desmond next.
Why would you want that? I don't want fully auto guns in AC!

LordWolv
12-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't want guns. I don't want Desmond running around in modern day new york or something, I want something else. I want, for instance, a secret place maybe in egypt that only the Templars and Assassins are aware of. This could be where the main game takes part in, and seeing as neither the Assassins or Templars will use guns it should work.

alientraveller
12-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Actually, I don't see why Desmond's playable ancestor couldn't be Jack the Ripper. After all, in AC2+B we noticed how the heralds basically spread propaganda about how Ezio is just a murderer. Why couldn't Jack have just been a good-guy assassin, but the Templars bribed and edited the record-keepers so that he was thought to be a serial killer?

Let's no glorify a monstrous butcher who killed six innocent women shall we?

kriegerdesgottes
12-19-2010, 11:36 AM
no thanks, I'll stick with my extreme hope for revolutionary France. I also agree with everyone saying automatic guns will ruin the game, and I also do not ever want a full only Desmond game. That would suck.

rileypoole1234
12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
FINALLY some agrees with me, London would be the best location for AC3 i think.

thebutcherhead
12-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by alient91:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Let's no glorify a monstrous butcher who killed six innocent women shall we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, exactly.

fir the france thing, it would be cool, I haven't finished brotherhood so I don't know about any of the things that point to france. But no one knows anything about the french revolution, it's not widely recognized as much in media and entertainment, sure ubi can go about trying educate, introduce, and explore a new setting for video game action adventure game player culture, but i think victorian england is a lot more recognizable.

And no offence but I hate the French Revolution personally for all the anti-bourgeious propaganda and social commentary that existed during the era. Ignore the corrupt and blame the social climbers. Personal least favorite time period in history, but whatever if you like it I guess that's cool. Can 't at all understand why but I'm not the typical history nut.

If you get to assassinate Maximuilliam Robespierre then I'm all for it though. But if I sense any agreement with that "no innocent bourgieous sentiment" I wouldn't5 play it based off of what I personally think of history. Not a fanboy of the democracy inspired revolutions across europe or esp the rest of the world around that time, anyway that's my say. Rain would be a good thing though. fog too.

I don't want guns. I don't want Desmond running around in modern day new york or something, I want something else. I want, for instance, a secret place maybe in egypt that only the Templars and Assassins are aware of. This could be where the main game takes part in, and seeing as neither the Assassins or Templars will use guns it should work.

Don't get me wrong on this, I disagree with the gun thing too, but do you want to see desmond fighting with longswords in a modern day history museum? it would just be silly. The temple exploring thing could work out but approaching a target with a 6 inch plastic toy knife in the age of the sniper rifle seems a little counter intuitive even if it's like a ceremonial way of taking out targets. Not sure how theyre gonna get desmond's ezio techniques to work in the modern world for the inevitable combat scenes.

Ass4ssin8me
12-19-2010, 02:58 PM

Agreed. Especially if the next installment is the last. I think it's time Desmond got the spotlight. After all he is the Star of the series!

ThaWhistle
12-19-2010, 11:32 PM
either the american revolution, or 15-1600s japan seems likely. given all the conspiracy theory crap about templars and what not around the american revolution, it might be likely. if its not then, perhaps that general time period(the enlightenment)

Hex-Fire
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
All clues lead to France.
But, on the map in AC2, where it shows locations of temples, their are many in Africa, in Egypt.
More temples lie in what seems to be Poland.
So I wouldnt be suprised if AC3 travelled through France to Poland. Or even Germany...

TheSpectator
12-20-2010, 03:07 AM
A full desmond game wouldn't work. It would play out like this, desmond would walk around with some ******s he hired and getting them to destract some cops who would then arrest them for being ******s then he would air assassinate them off a bus then the other cop would go HOLY **** and shoot him in the head. The end.

EzioAssassin51
12-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by thebutcherhead:
2) I think with a lot of current films like sherlock homes, the wolfman and whatnot fresh in recent memory make the era ripe for an AC game. If AC would ever have a game take place in 19th century England now would be an ideal time, at least I think.

Not necessarily. The fact that a lot of movies have taken place there recently could make peopel think it is being overused. But i agree, the scenery would be great and it would be good, especially since they could implement a jack the Ripper assassination/alliace but i think it's unlikely.

ThaWhistle
12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
if anything Id think jack the ripper would be an enemy since he killed prostitutes, and afterall, prostitutes are our friends.

rocketxsurgeon
12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
if anything Id think jack the ripper would be an enemy since he killed prostitutes, and afterall, <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">prostitutes are our friends.</span>

xD

ZCherub
12-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

But I totally agree with it being set in 1800's London - that would be awesome. If it isn't, I'd like it to be set in the French Revolution (what I wanted for AC2, but now it looks like we'll actually get it). If they divide up half the game into the ancestor and the other half for Desmond, that would be cool. I was thinking, maybe Desmond could explore the modern day Holy Land? Maybe just Jerusalem? It'd be really cool to see how Jerusalem's changed... we'd get a lot of deja vu moments. Bump Jack the Ripper. Let's play as Jeffrey Dahmer. I can't wait to jack me up some teenage boy Templars!

shaynerocks1995
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
i thought the next one was supposed to be set in Russia

Inorganic9_2
12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
An 1800s London setting would surely mean the end of combat sequences?

Black_Widow9
12-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>