PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this?

Altair661
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
You could say AC1 was about 10 or 12 memory sequences long, AC2 14 (counting DLC), and ACB...only 10 (Da vinci). Which I thought was really short, took me about 12 or 14 hours to do the Da Vinci missions, the Tombs of Romulus, some other side missions, and of the course the main story. Add on another hour or two with Dissapearance. With AC2 I soared into like the 20's, without even doing all the side missions.

Now im hoping that Revelations will prove to be longer than Brotherhood. Now the sequnces were a bit longer in ACB than AC2. But it was still a bit dissapointing I beat the game in 2 days, even with school and homework and all that buisness. Still a FANTASTIC game however.

Although, I dont know if anyone noticed this or not but in that E3 demo we saw, Ezio had 4 of the 5 keys, they also said that it was about half way through the game...so does that mean Altair's memories are going to last us only til half way? And what's the other half supposed to be? Is there a lot more Ezio, or Desmond gameplay left in store for us than we think? Or someway that we'll be playing as Altair more? I'm curious.

So does anyone know how long ACR is supposed to be?

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Well we dont know exactly how long will it last.
But we know this:
Ezio Memories
Altair Memories
Desmond Memories (Yes he will remember his past)
Assassin Dens
Secret Locations
Exotic Missions
Faction Missions (high probability, because he needs to gain their trust)
Assassination Missions
Recruit Missions
Random Side-quests

should prove for a decently long game.

waynedavies89
08-31-2011, 02:42 PM
i think you got a bit mixed up on the revelation demo.
It said the demo takes place early in the game and templar your after(forgot his name) has 1 of the 5 seals, the rest are in constantinople. which i think you don't go too till after that demo section

since this is Ezio's last game, i think we will be in for one hell of a send off, with plenty in the game.
Plus with the random event generator it will add a few or hours of fun after the main story is completed

Altair661
08-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:
It said the demo takes place early in the game and templar your after(forgot his name) has 1 of the 4 keys, the rest are in constantinople. which i think you don't go too till after that demo section

since this is Ezio's last game, i think we will be in for one hell of a send off, with plenty in the game.
Plus with the random event generator it will add a few or hours of fun after the main story is completed

I said "E3 demo" not the Gamescom one. And Assassin M, you hold a great point. It seems their buliding off their ACB where there was tons of side missions, if they mix that together with a rather lengty story (Considering they are tying up alot of questions it's sure to be somewhat lengthy I suppose) it should be pretty long. But I wanna know what happens so badly, Im gonna wait to play most of the side missions on my 2nd play through, I'll still do the dens and stuff, but Im really interested in Altair, and the main story.

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:

I said "E3 demo" not the Gamescom one. And Assassin M, you hold a great point. It seems their buliding off their ACB where there was tons of side missions, if they mix that together with a rather lengty story (Considering they are tying up alot of questions it's sure to be somewhat lengthy I suppose) it should be pretty long. But I wanna know what happens so badly, Im gonna wait to play most of the side missions on my 2nd play through, I'll still do the dens and stuff, but Im really interested in Altair, and the main story.
Happy to have been of Help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

blazefp
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:
It said the demo takes place early in the game and templar your after(forgot his name) has 1 of the 5 seals, the rest are in constantinople. which i think you don't go too till after that demo section

The templar is called Leandros and has the 1st of the 5 seals and the rest are not all in Constantinople, there are only 3 there. One of the seals is in Cappadocia

waynedavies89
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
sorry my bad.

Still, even looking at the E3 demo it said half way through, after 4 seals collected that in its self shows they will be a great deal more to come

and the list above my M shows that aswell

either way it will be a big long game

waynedavies89
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

The templar is called Leandros and has the 1st of the 5 seals and the rest are not all in Constantinople, there are only 3 there. One of the seals is in Cappadocia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3? just quoting what Alexandre Amancio said.
oh well just 1 out lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
08-31-2011, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:
It said the demo takes place early in the game and templar your after(forgot his name) has 1 of the 4 keys, the rest are in constantinople. which i think you don't go too till after that demo section

I said "E3 demo" not the Gamescom one. And Assassin M, you hold a great point. It seems their buliding off their ACB where there was tons of side missions, if they mix that together with a rather lengty story (Considering they are tying up alot of questions it's sure to be somewhat lengthy I suppose) it should be pretty long. But I wanna know what happens so badly, Im gonna wait to play most of the side missions on my 2nd play through, I'll still do the dens and stuff, but Im really interested in Altair, and the main story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't matter which demo. The events in the gamescom demo take place after the events in the E3 trailer.

AntiChrist7
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
te gamescon demo was early in the game, the E3 one (with the burning ships) halfway.

so the key Ezio took was the first one, which makes sense cause its the memories of an Altair being pretty young

Altair661
08-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by LightReyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifoesn't matter which demo. The events in the gamescom demo take place after the events in the E3 trailer.

I was talking about that demo with the burning ships, where he sails to get the last one. Not the trailer.

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
alot of Misunderstandings around here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Altair661
08-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
alot of Misunderstandings around here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I believe I was very clear. Even Game Informer agrees with me on that statement about Altair, you can read their first preview of it on the magazine, it's towards the end.

Moultonborough
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

I said "E3 demo" not the Gamescom one. And Assassin M, you hold a great point. It seems their buliding off their ACB where there was tons of side missions, if they mix that together with a rather lengty story (Considering they are tying up alot of questions it's sure to be somewhat lengthy I suppose) it should be pretty long. But I wanna know what happens so badly, Im gonna wait to play most of the side missions on my 2nd play through, I'll still do the dens and stuff, but Im really interested in Altair, and the main story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't matter which demo. The events in the gamescom demo take place after the events in the E3 trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it does not. Listen to the walk through of both. Somewhere in both they say how far into the game it is. E3 is about halfway while the GamesCom is towards the start.

Assassin_M
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

I believe I was very clear. Even Game Informer agrees with me on that statement about Altair, you can read their first preview of it on the magazine, it's towards the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Sir.. I mean that everyone is saying "No I meant that" or "I Meant this" .... OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH THE IRONYYYYYYY

Altair661
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh, well that too. It doesnt necessarily help when people just jump in halfway through. But it's an open forum for a reason I suppose. Oh well. I got my point across and received an answer a long time ago. So im satisfied. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Elatreus
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd assume Revelations is going to be the shortest one yet.
My understanding is that side-quests have been replaced with this "random event" system like that was in place in Red Dead Redemption. So there will probably be very little to do outside of the main storyline.

There's multiplayer to fall back on for me though. I've already put over 100 hours into the Brotherhood multiplayer. I'll probably put a similar amount into Revelations.

LightRey
08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

Doesn't matter which demo. The events in the gamescom demo take place after the events in the E3 trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it does not. Listen to the walk through of both. Somewhere in both they say how far into the game it is. E3 is about halfway while the GamesCom is towards the start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oops, I confused the E3 demo with the E3 trailer. I retract my initial statement.

Jexx21
08-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Elatreus:
My understanding is that side-quests have been replaced with this "random event" system like that was in place in Red Dead Redemption. So there will probably be very little to do outside of the main storyline.

There's multiplayer to fall back on for me though. I've already put over 100 hours into the Brotherhood multiplayer. I'll probably put a similar amount into Revelations.

A while ago they said that they are still keeping side missions in >.>

FuseUnison
08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
It actually took me longer to finish Brotherhood than it did AC2, lol. Although I am a completist when it comes to the AC games. I try to space out the main story quests with a good helping of all the different side stuff. =)

LightRey
09-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:

A while ago they said that they are still keeping side missions in >.> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course they're not replacing the side missions with those. The side missions actually had a (small) part in the story. They would never ditch that concept.

CRUDFACE
09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:

A while ago they said that they are still keeping side missions in >.> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course they're not replacing the side missions with those. The side missions actually had a (small) part in the story. They would never ditch that concept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seemed like they were trying to for a while by not not adding that "but" in there. But the side missions from both games feel sort of hollow. Though I did like it more being a noble's assassin over helping with Mach, his character acted weird at times.