PDA

View Full Version : Love the Patch, but what's with AAA and tailgunners accuracy again?

TPN_Cephas
06-11-2005, 02:52 PM
It seems every time we have a major patch to the game someone on the dev team sneaks in and ratchets up the AI's ability to track with laser precision. Perhaps some Russian programmer who fears for the lives of the ai pilots he created.

This is not just me personal opinion, I am hearing it from lots of fellow pilots.

This applies to AAA and tailgunners, although tailgunners seem to become idiots when they are in a human piloted plane, either holding fire or shooting at 1.0K, or firing at ground targets you are strafing on the pullout.

Most everything else is GREAT! (except the trim...)

NonWonderDog
06-11-2005, 04:02 PM
First thing I noticed when trying out the MG151/20s was that "average" B17s couldn't hit me even when I was flying right behind them.

I don't think anything's changed.

LEXX_Luthor
06-11-2005, 05:42 PM
lol

TPN::
Most everything else is GREAT! (except the trim...)
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

arcadeace
06-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Against the 111s and 110s anything around their 6 can be deadly with veteran or ace, more so than before. Going at them from an angle and speed and they're not as accurate as before. They also maneuver better, or with less predictability. Overall its more real, and fun for me.

VW-IceFire
06-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Flak seems a little more accurate. I have noticed that.

EnGaurde
06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
the betty nailed me with one shot the other day, flying the singapore map in my Hurri.

bam, right thru the canopy.

i saw the yellow tracer for an instant before the screen went black.

theyre still there....

Papa_K
06-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Don't know if they're more accurate or their weapon damage is now higher too.

Papa_K

StG77_Fritz_X
06-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Arcadeace:
Going at them from an angle and speed and they're not as accurate.

Thats the right way to attck bombers; Hanging on a 6 level and slowly gaining on a formation is asking to be shot down by enemy fire.

A little OT but in V 4.00 AI fighters shoot in shorter bursts than before. Nice not to have those 10 sec AI bursts anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif