PDA

View Full Version : DF mission with Carriers

AFJ_Locust
10-30-2004, 02:16 AM
I want to create a DF Mission & utilize carriers as basses but I do not want the EVIL flack shooting from the carriers...

Is there a way to disable it???

Please HELP!!!

AFJ_Locust
10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
The flack is making to much lag anyone know how to disable the flack on carriers ????

Troll2k
10-31-2004, 02:18 AM
You can try setting the sleep setting very high.

B1izard
10-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Set the carriers to sleep for 90 minutes.

STENKA_69.GIAP
10-31-2004, 04:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
I want to create a DF Mission & utilize carriers as basses but I do not want the EVIL flack shooting from the carriers...

Is there a way to disable it???
QUOTE]

Sounds like a weak idea to me - if you are going to do that you might as well switch on unlimited ammo and invulnerability too.

What you realy need to do is set the Carrier to "Rookie" - that will reduce the accuracy of the flak. Then you move the carriers to the opposite corners of a reasonable size map which leaves a large area in the middle to dogfight in without flak. Planes will only get the flak if they are going for the carrier.

Now with this set-up you still get a wall of flak but a determined flight of bombers can get through. It took 4 bombers in two waves to do this - two planes were lost to the flack.

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/Illustrations/carriersink.JPG (http://giap.webhop.info)

Look out on Hyper Lobby for the =69.GIAP=PF+AEP server.

AFJ_Locust
10-31-2004, 12:01 PM
I guess you dont host games or must have a supercomputer.

Because I Dont want ANY FLACK whatsoever No 20mil no 88's NOTHING, But I do want to land & Take off from Carriers.

There is a reason for this, the simple fact that with any Carrier shooting anywhere anytime you can be 40 miles from the carrier & experiance Dreadfull stutters & pauses that are directaly related to the carrier SHOOTING its wall of flack.

If you havent experinaced this just give it a few more dayes soon you will be asking them to shut of the flack also.

I use 3 Subs to Protect the carrier & it seems to work fine with lots less stuttering.

Fennec_P
10-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Has anyone verified that "sleep" works on dogfight missions?