PDA

View Full Version : Final Truth glitch *spoilers*



phil.llllll
04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
So after solving the final truth puzzle and talking to subject 16, Desmond is back in the sanctuary and stuck in the animus. Basically he can't move he just twitches in the chair.

Here's a video (skip to 6:50) that shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZ-wGcBkSw

It seems this is a pretty common problem on pretty much every version of the game. Was wondering if anyone didn't run into this and if so were there any conversations that popped up afterwards (with lucy or anyone else)?

Razrback16
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
So after solving the final truth puzzle and talking to subject 16, Desmond is back in the sanctuary and stuck in the animus. Basically he can't move he just twitches in the chair.

Here's a video (skip to 6:50) that shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZ-wGcBkSw

It seems this is a pretty common problem on pretty much every version of the game. Was wondering if anyone didn't run into this and if so were there any conversations that popped up afterwards (with lucy or anyone else)?

I would love to know as well -- the same thing happened to me.

ellumin0us
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Remember at the end William says put him back he's in shock! This video gave me a déja vu :P

DragynfyreX
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I had the same glitch but I actually somehow got out of the animus at the end. I walked around and there was no dialogue and no new email messages.

phil.llllll
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Dragynfyre0:
I had the same glitch but I actually somehow got out of the animus at the end. I walked around and there was no dialogue and no new email messages.

Thanks for the confirmation. That's mainly what I wanted to know.

Shame about the glitch. Seems pretty much everywhere I look people have had this glitch (on all platforms, xbox, ps3 and pc). One would think Ubi would've patch something like that by now or at least made sure it wasn't in the pc version. Oh well though.

jag272
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
after watching the video i know the problem. at the end you fell down. notice when your ezio in the animus loading bit your still falling. the game didnt actually find a "landing point" so to speak which caused that. the game often waits for you to land for many things in the game such as before you can start a speech, before it starts cutscenes (in ac2 anyway) etc. but since you didnt land its messed it up

phil.llllll
04-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by jag272:
after watching the video i know the problem. at the end you fell down. notice when your ezio in the animus loading bit your still falling. the game didnt actually find a "landing point" so to speak which caused that. the game often waits for you to land for many things in the game such as before you can start a speech, before it starts cutscenes (in ac2 anyway) etc. but since you didnt land its messed it up

I've noticed that too. Thing is there's never a landing at the end of that, so I'm guessing it's always going to do that? Lame...

andynaruto10
04-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Tell me, all of you: What's your configuration?
I think it's a problem with a driver...

El_Sjietah
04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by andynaruto10:
Tell me, all of you: What's your configuration?
I think it's a problem with a driver...

It's not a graphics issue, it's a coding problem.

andynaruto10
04-08-2011, 09:34 AM
What do you mean, "coding problem" ?
It happens on consoles too.

jag272
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
precisely. its because theres no landing point. any because of how the game runs it wont let you do anything until you land and since there is no landing point... your screwed (in the words of tobuscus)

andynaruto10
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You're right, but didn't they test the game before launching it?
They did...

Black_Widow9
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Please make sure you all contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

elvindrummer
04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I never even saw the cut scene lol. Prob cuz I did the truth once I beat the game.

andynaruto10
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please make sure you all contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I contacted Ubi Support, but no response...
If you want and if you have time, please help us. Ask the superiors about this, Black Widow!

phil.llllll
04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by andynaruto10:
I contacted Ubi Support, but no response...
If you want and if you have time, please help us. Ask the superiors about this, Black Widow!

Yeah I don't know what support would be able to do about something like this. But as you say if the higher ups get word of this maybe the next time they do an update for the game they could patch this out as well.

andynaruto10
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I hope

Nimras186
04-09-2011, 10:52 PM
LOL i was like WTF.

I just finished the last puzzle ended standing in the chair could do nothing, logged out and in and though yes i can see the video again and maybe this time get out of the chair.

BUT NO Ubisoft has made it so you can't see the entire clip again or even play that part again at any point meaning i thought i was ****ed and lost something.

But thank god i didn't.

Anyway what is it i hear about the DLC with leonardo if you play it after you finished the game you get another ending meaning have i been stupid when i did the DLC as one of the first things i did?

k.e.i.n
04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Dragynfyre0:
I had the same glitch but I actually somehow got out of the animus at the end. I walked around and there was no dialogue and no new email messages.

Good to know. I was actually ****ed when I was stuck also. I really wanted to talk to lucy that time because she was already missing when I finished the Truth.

Nimras186
04-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by k.e.i.n:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dragynfyre0:
I had the same glitch but I actually somehow got out of the animus at the end. I walked around and there was no dialogue and no new email messages.

Good to know. I was actually ****ed when I was stuck also. I really wanted to talk to lucy that time because she was already missing when I finished the Truth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Esactly thats why i was angry when i couldn't redo the damn Truth thing and get back to The Sanctuary to talk to Lucy i have been looking everywhere for here when i left the Animus the last few times.

phil.llllll
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I was pretty upset the first time that happened. I thought I missed something crucial because all the sudden Lucy reappears after being absent forever and I really wanted to see if anyone had something to say (or maybe there was something outside).

Really though considering this is such an important part of the game I have to wonder how something like this was overlooked.

andynaruto10
04-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't know how, but I was running through Monteriggioni and when I wanted to go back in the Sanctuary, I found Lucy outside. I talked to her, then she went back in the Sanctuary...

Nimras186
04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by andynaruto10:
I don't know how, but I was running through Monteriggioni and when I wanted to go back in the Sanctuary, I found Lucy outside. I talked to her, then she went back in the Sanctuary...

And so did i but then after that she is totally gone i only saw her again when i finished The Truth.

Razrback16
11-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Did Ubisoft ever address this at all? I just re-played Brotherhood over the past couple of weeks and I still have the problem and I'm patched to v1.02.

I've notified Support about this particular bug as well as a few other mission-specific bugs in the game that I encounter every time I play specific missions, but they seem inclined to not believe me and point me to some FAQ page that doesn't contain even a hint of a reference at the issues I've reported.

AnthonyA85
11-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Obviously the internal beta testers who played through the game while it was in development DIDN'T play through the truth puzzles, otherwise, they would have seen this problem and fixed it, I can't imagine how they could have missed it otherwise.

And the message you hear at the end of the DLC if you play it after the main story, is just William Miles telling the other assassin with him that they have the information they need, and that desmond can now be sadated. Don't worry, you don't really miss anything.