PDA

View Full Version : In-flight (Radio) Music

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Some time ago someone created a downloadable music file for inflight German(radio) music ie it was music (Lilli Marleen, the Luftwaffe March (I think) etc!) but you heard the odd clicking noise and change to another song as if the pilot was flicking through radio channels on his radio set. I can't recall the name of the website which hosted this.

I think that this is a very good idea and adds to the immersion of this superb sim.

Is there anyone out there who has the resources and the desire to consider doing this? It could have the odd speech/announcement thrown in. I also believe that it should be a fairly lengthly file to avoid the repetition becoming too obvious.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Some time ago someone created a downloadable music file for inflight German(radio) music ie it was music (Lilli Marleen, the Luftwaffe March (I think) etc!) but you heard the odd clicking noise and change to another song as if the pilot was flicking through radio channels on his radio set. I can't recall the name of the website which hosted this.

I think that this is a very good idea and adds to the immersion of this superb sim.

Is there anyone out there who has the resources and the desire to consider doing this? It could have the odd speech/announcement thrown in. I also believe that it should be a fairly lengthly file to avoid the repetition becoming too obvious.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if this could be what you're looking for, but I've found that if I run Windows MP in the background with internet radio (either german or russian "talk radio" or classics), it really helps keep the mood up. Of course, this will hurt frame rates on less than optimal systems. I usually keep the music built in to FB turned off, since it seems extremely choppy during loading times.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Forums!
-Accept Follow-on Patches and stuff!
-Take the Fight Online!