PDA

View Full Version : Skins not selectable

Trailryder
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Why are the skins I DL and put into my plane folders not selectable in the single missions. Actually the only downloaded skins I've noticed that are selectable in single missions is the F4U skins. Example, I got some good looking A6M skins and put them in the A6M folder but they're not selectable in single missions.

Trailryder
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Why are the skins I DL and put into my plane folders not selectable in the single missions. Actually the only downloaded skins I've noticed that are selectable in single missions is the F4U skins. Example, I got some good looking A6M skins and put them in the A6M folder but they're not selectable in single missions.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Make sure you put them in the correct folder of the A6M matching the single player A6M you will be flying, there are 10 variations of the A6M. For example: the single mission is flown with an A6M2, the skin you downloaded may be for the A6M2-21, so it wont show up on the skin list for the A6M2. Does that make any sense? I hope I havent confused you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Trailryder
01-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks. I understand. It seems that the variations in some of the plane models are very subtle. I copied the skin I got into all the A6M version folders, except for the float plane, and it's still not in the list to select in the single missions. All I have is default and the void.bmp.

Cajun76
01-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Where are you getting the skins from? IL2skins? Also, don't change the size or format, that will cause them not to be recognized.

To make sure they are actually in the folder for the plane you want to use, try to change your skin in the Quick Mission Builder (QMB).

If it works there, then it's something to do with the single mission, possibly locked into a historical setting or something. Not sure on that, though.

Call_me_Kanno
01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I've had this happen and it turned out when I extracted the skin to the target plane's skin folder it made a sub-folder in the planes main folder and thus would appear as a skin choice. The only other thing I can think of is that you might have a PF stand alone as well as a FB+AEP+PF merged installed and put in one when you meant to put it in the other.

Trailryder
01-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys. The only thing I changed was the file "name" because some of them are kinda long and don't really indicate what plane they are.

Got the skins from IL2skins.