PDA

View Full Version : No battle statistics (kills, awards, sorties) in SP Campaign mode? Help please

over50
11-06-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm playing PF single player campaign mode and my kills and number of sorties flown are not being registered in the pilot roster, and thus cannot receive awards and advancement in rank. I have the same difficulty settings as I have set up in IL2 Sturmovik which does register the battle statistics and advancement in rank accordingly. I've deleted and created new pilot names, tried various difficulty settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled PF - same result - the game is not showing my battle progress in the pilot roster under my pilot name. The strange thing is my kills and sorties are being registered in the squadron information. Is anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate any help here from the more experienced folks! This is driving me nuts! Thanks in advance.

over50
11-06-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm playing PF single player campaign mode and my kills and number of sorties flown are not being registered in the pilot roster, and thus cannot receive awards and advancement in rank. I have the same difficulty settings as I have set up in IL2 Sturmovik which does register the battle statistics and advancement in rank accordingly. I've deleted and created new pilot names, tried various difficulty settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled PF - same result - the game is not showing my battle progress in the pilot roster under my pilot name. The strange thing is my kills and sorties are being registered in the squadron information. Is anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate any help here from the more experienced folks! This is driving me nuts! Thanks in advance.

Chuck_Older
11-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Hmmm

First things first.

How did you install? Stand-alone? Did you install over FB with the ACE expansion?

Chuck_Older
11-06-2004, 08:28 PM
there is a related issue in Community Help. You may want to keep an eye on this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=6301009832

over50
11-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the reply...sOrry about that....I'm running the stand-alone version.

over50
11-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I think I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. It appears the number of kills and sorties flown in the game are tallied/recorded in the pilot roster only when you select the game default pilot name, John "Mad" Doe, prior to entering/selecting a career/campaign. What I was doing was changing the default pilot name to one of my choosing before beginning a career- which the game allows one to do, curiously, and the name did appear in the pilot roster but, as I've noted, my sorties and kills weren't being recorded under that name. I also tried creating a separate/additional pilot name (not changing the default pilot name) and the result was the same - no sortie or kill tally under the new/separate pilot name in the pilot roster. So, based on this, it appears one has to fly as the default pilot [John "Mad" Doe] in the game pilot career/campaign mode to be able to advance in rank and earn medals as a function of the number of sorties flown and kills recorded in the pilot roster. The game manual doesn't mention this quirk either. Strange....but....back to flying!