PDA

View Full Version : Reformatted - What went wrong?

EnigmaCode234
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Well here I am again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I reformatted, and followed these instructions implicitly:

For merged Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack/Pacific Fighters:

Install FB discs 1 & 2
Install AEP
Install PF discs 1 & 2 'Merge option install of FB/AEP/PF'
Install patch pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
Install patch pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
Install patch pf_v402m.exe (31MB)

BUT

Unfortunately when logging onto the HL, and attempting to select PF, I get the message that sez Hyper Lobby can't find installation for your PF game...

I also get the same message when attempting to select IL-2 Sturmovik game .....

Wonder what wrong?????? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Enthor1
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Next time you go to Hyperlobby hold the ctrl and shift key down, hit connect, then tell Hyperlobby to find the path.

The search should show where FB is installed

Save and Connect.

Repeat for IL2.

money_money
12-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Can HL find Forgotten Battles? You only mentioned PF and IL-2. Pacific Fighters on HL is for stand alone install and I guess IL-2 is for IL-2 by itself. FORGOTTEN BATTLES on HL is for people with the merged install mostly running the latest patch.

<3 $

EnigmaCode234
12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Can HL find Forgotten Battles? You only mentioned PF and IL-2. Pacific Fighters on HL is for stand alone install and I guess IL-2 is for IL-2 by itself. FORGOTTEN BATTLES on HL is for people with the merged install mostly running the latest patch

Yes actually I 'can' play FB on the HyperLobby ONLY - The HL 'can' find that folder (because it's been merged?)

Soooo then do I understand that now I can ONLY play FB (as merged) on the HyperLobby?

So what if I'd like to play Pacific Fighters?

Could a PF mission be a possible hosted game on the FB merged game select on the HyperLobby?

In other words just search for a hosted game that would feature the Pacific theatre on FB on the HL????

So then there's no malfunction here?

So then the install went as it should?

NO STAND ALONE PF?

NO STAND ALONE IL-2 Sturmovik?

Correct?

If so, than how do I keep the 'can't find' message from RE-APPEARING?

Thanx

Enthor1
12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
When the search is concluded it will show all installs of IL2 on the drive.

Mine shows the beta from bluebyte, plain IL2 and my combined install of PF/FB AEP.

When I had PF installed as standalone, that path showed also.

So, just select the path you want Hyperlobby to save and hit CONNECT.

The next time you connect, as long as you have told Hyperlobby to save the path, you can connect to whatever iteration of IL2 you have installed that they have a room for..

If you connect to FB/PF Combined (Forgotten Battles) room and want a Pacific mission, yes, look for a DF server or COOP that specifies the Pacific Theater.

"If so, than how do I keep the 'can't find' message from RE-APPEARING?"

Install PF Standalone and then tell Hyperlobby to save that path.

money_money
12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
correct

you can play a pacific based mission in FB on HL.

one server is zeke_vs_Wildcat.

merged install has everything PF has, so you are not missing anything. I had stand alone PF installed for a while but there is only about 5 poeple at any 1 time playing PF stand alone on HL and as FB/AEP/PF can do evrything PF can do I got rid of it.

"If so, than how do I keep the 'can't find' message from RE-APPEARING?" maybe when HL is opening you have PACIFIC FIGHTERS selected in the list of games, just select FORGOTEN BATTLES, if thats the case.

<3 $

EnigmaCode234
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
So, just select the path you want Hyperlobby to save and hit CONNECT

Ok so then:
Just connect to FB, and the HL will re-connect to that same game everytime - I understand

But the hosted game details only state that it's a 'dogfight' - I suppose you have to actually JOIN the game and read the 'BRIEFING' to determine which theatre you're flying in?

And I was still wondering:
So then there's no malfunction here?
So then the install went as it should?
NO STAND ALONE PF? - as long you didn't install Stand Alone PF as an install option
NO STAND ALONE IL-2 Sturmovik? - as long you didn't install the Stand Alone IL-2 as an install option

Correct?

Good to go?

Thanx

money_money
12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
sounds like u r good to go.

in HL find the servers that are running the settings that suit your taste and from there you should be able to find something that runs pacific type maps and aircraft, also ask in chat.

<3 $

Wilburnator
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
IL2 Sturmovik is a stand alone ONLY game, IL2 Forgotten Battles is it's sequel. They're not the same thing, and they're not compatible.

If you want to play PF stand alone, you must install it stand alone. When I bought PF I was back from a long absence from the game, but I had IL2 and IL2 forgotten Battles. Some friends of mine bought PF who had no experience with the series, so in order to play with them and still play with everyone else at Hyperlobby, I had two separate installations on my machine.

As someone already said, you're missing out on nothing with the merged install though, except that your game won't be compatible with other people who have ONLY PF. There is Pacific action a-plenty in HL if that's what you want to do.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Salute

EnigmaCode234
12-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanx everyone!

Hey Wilburnator

LOVE THAT P-51!

Happy Holidays!

dbillo
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ENIGMACODE:
Install FB discs 1 & 2
Install AEP
Install PF discs 1 & 2 'Merge option install of FB/AEP/PF'
Install patch pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
Install patch pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
Install patch pf_v402m.exe (31MB)
BUT
Unfortunately when logging onto the HL, and attempting to select PF, I get the message that sez Hyper Lobby can't find installation for your PF game...
Hey, ENIGMACODE, I'm not sure if you got the answer you're after, but, the install you describe above has given you FB+AEP+PF merged 4.02 ONLY! You will only be compatible online with that exact game version. If you also want to be able to play in the PF only games, you'll need to insert your Pacific Fighters disk 1 again and select the PF Standalone install option. This will install a separate PF Standalone without touching your existing merged install. You will then have to download and install the 3.03, 4.01 and 4.02 patches for the PF standalone. (without the 'm')

However, note that everything that is in the PF standalone is also in the merged game.