PDA

View Full Version : Sound and Talking

Wordeee
03-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Have any of you had problems with not being able to hear your mates talking to you. When im standing right beside the CE and i give orders, i see him talking but i cannot hear him...only if i turn the other way and not face him do i hear it. On external/Free View i hear everything. Is this a bug or is it a sound option i have to change. I believe i had this problem with another game to but i can't remember what i did to fix it. Thanks alot!
Wordeee

Wordeee
03-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Have any of you had problems with not being able to hear your mates talking to you. When im standing right beside the CE and i give orders, i see him talking but i cannot hear him...only if i turn the other way and not face him do i hear it. On external/Free View i hear everything. Is this a bug or is it a sound option i have to change. I believe i had this problem with another game to but i can't remember what i did to fix it. Thanks alot!
Wordeee

WHLNH
03-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Sort of. I loose all sound when I load a saved career. All sound works fine in single missions, and my first career mission, but I've never been able to play a second career mission with sound, it just goes away when it load to the ship in the dock.

Bill

WHLNH
03-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Sort of. I loose all sound when I load a saved career. All sound works fine in single missions, and my first career mission, but I've never been able to play a second career mission with sound, it just goes away when it load to the ship in the dock.

Bill

MoZirry
03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
check and see what level of sound you are using.
For instance, if you are using 2.1 sound speakers and running the sound for 5.1 playback in the game, you will have some missed channels in audio, like not hearing the voices at a certain angle.

Tips: Look at your speaker setup, make sure that is how it is entered in the game audio setup (Ex. If you are using headphones, make the audio output for headphones)
Also, do not forget to check the way your speakers are setup in the sound setup in windows! These also have to be set exactly to what speakers you are using! (Ex, go into control panel and sound and audio properties to change your speaker specifications to what you really have)

I once had 5.1 setup for my 2 speakers and I would miss out on alot of channels. I thought it was a crappy sound card, but once i changed the playback to 2 speaker setup, everything was fine!

hope this helps! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

MoZirry
03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
check and see what level of sound you are using.
For instance, if you are using 2.1 sound speakers and running the sound for 5.1 playback in the game, you will have some missed channels in audio, like not hearing the voices at a certain angle.

Tips: Look at your speaker setup, make sure that is how it is entered in the game audio setup (Ex. If you are using headphones, make the audio output for headphones)
Also, do not forget to check the way your speakers are setup in the sound setup in windows! These also have to be set exactly to what speakers you are using! (Ex, go into control panel and sound and audio properties to change your speaker specifications to what you really have)

I once had 5.1 setup for my 2 speakers and I would miss out on alot of channels. I thought it was a crappy sound card, but once i changed the playback to 2 speaker setup, everything was fine!

hope this helps! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

RoughRaider1
03-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I seem to lose voices too after awhile in a mission. Mainly it's when I fire torps, I see it typed that the torp has been fired but I don't hear him telling me anymore. Earlier in the same mission I hear him, but after awhile that particular voice gets silent.

RoughRaider1
03-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I seem to lose voices too after awhile in a mission. Mainly it's when I fire torps, I see it typed that the torp has been fired but I don't hear him telling me anymore. Earlier in the same mission I hear him, but after awhile that particular voice gets silent.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Could depend on your sound card. The lesser quality of sound card with less channels the less chance you are able to hear specific sounds. More Channels are required for you to hear multiple .wav sound files. Check your specifications for what sound card you have. Cheap ones have 16 channels. SOme have 32 and 64. If you dont have many sound channels that means only priority sound files get announciated.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Could depend on your sound card. The lesser quality of sound card with less channels the less chance you are able to hear specific sounds. More Channels are required for you to hear multiple .wav sound files. Check your specifications for what sound card you have. Cheap ones have 16 channels. SOme have 32 and 64. If you dont have many sound channels that means only priority sound files get announciated.