PDA

View Full Version : 360 or PS3



mcginkel
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Since the PC version of Brotherhood is delayed, I'm seriously considering buying a 360 or PS3.

Which one do you prefer?

(Please, just for this game. Don't argue about which has best games. Just your opinion on aspects as gameplay/online experience/graphics)

mcginkel
11-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Since the PC version of Brotherhood is delayed, I'm seriously considering buying a 360 or PS3.

Which one do you prefer?

(Please, just for this game. Don't argue about which has best games. Just your opinion on aspects as gameplay/online experience/graphics)

Piflik
11-19-2010, 09:12 AM
No versus threats please...they always result in a flamewar...

CourtJestGaming
11-19-2010, 10:26 AM
My Unbiased Opinion, being an Avid PC Gamer myself. I went ahead and purchased the Xbox.

Why? Multiplayer Network seems to be better on Xbox, although it does cost money, it's not much per year. I used to own a PS1/2 and 3, and sold the PS3. Also have a Wii, but well, we all know how much play time that gets now.

Overall I am glad I went with the Xbox, it's cheaper for me which is a plus and runs just fine even if it's a 4GB version Slim.

The PS3 is nice however too though, since it is also a Blu Ray player as well, but I find some of the other aspects not as great as Xbox.

And Kinect is total hands free movement with those Kinect games, whilst PS3 you have that Ice Cream Cone looking wand for the PS Move.

All in all, coming from an AMD Phenom 965 BE, 8gb OCZ Ram, and a Toxic Edition Sapphire ATI 5850, the Xbox is almost as nice, and I think I've finally kicked PC Gaming to the Curb, although TOR is still in my sights http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

muzzyb
11-19-2010, 10:30 AM
PS3 because it has free online and doesn't break as often as an xbox. Don't get me wrong xbox's are still good, but IMO the PS3 outwins the xbox.

D173120T
11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
I would go for the PS3,as stated before,online is free to play.Also i use my PS3 for its other bits n bobs as well.Esp in UK i use the BBC iPlayer a hell of a lot.

MonkeyQueg
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I have both a PS3 and 360, and I like the PS3 a lot better. My 360 has had the Red Ring a few times and broke, but my PS3 has run smooth ever since I got it. Plus, online is free. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ChaosxNetwork
11-19-2010, 01:33 PM
PS3 people need to take into consideration of the latest Xbox 360, which is more around the time of your PS3 as the original 360 came out 2 years before the PS3 which is allot of improvement time for you.
360 is better personnel opinion but 360 breaking is no excuse as the new one does not. Plus oer 9k PS3's were sent back on release day for freezing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Razrback16
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
You should add a 3rd option "NEITHER". Why would you want to go out and buy an inferior platform (console) to play the game with less image quality and less flexibility with upgrades?

Deej4y17
11-19-2010, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:
You should add a 3rd option "NEITHER". Why would you want to go out and buy an inferior platform (console) to play the game with less image quality and less flexibility with upgrades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree wth u again lol.

or either you put PC :P

mcginkel
11-19-2010, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deej4y17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:
You should add a 3rd option "NEITHER". Why would you want to go out and buy an inferior platform (console) to play the game with less image quality and less flexibility with upgrades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree wth u again lol.

or either you put PC :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even read my post? I do prefer PC, but I don't want to wait for Ubisoft to finish the PC version. Question was; to play now, what should I buy?

Razrback16
11-19-2010, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcginkel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deej4y17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:
You should add a 3rd option "NEITHER". Why would you want to go out and buy an inferior platform (console) to play the game with less image quality and less flexibility with upgrades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree wth u again lol.

or either you put PC :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even read my post? I do prefer PC, but I don't want to wait for Ubisoft to finish the PC version. Question was; to play now, what should I buy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And my answer stays at neither. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Believe me, I'd love to play, too, but it's just not worth it, and I think you'll regret it massively in a few months. If you're dead set on buying one, they're both about the same. Both have equally inferior image quality compared to the PC, and both are equally boxed in in terms of lack of the ability to upgrade down the road.

katz_bg
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
If either one is good for you then you should take a look at the exclusives for each console.
If you're more into FPS, then 360 is for you.
But if you prefer 3rd person action/adventure games,then the PS3 has some better exclusives there.
And then there's the PS3 doubling as a Blu-ray player if you're into HD movies, but don't have a player yet. I personally have only one blu-ray movie, but I'm thinking of buying the Doctor Who series 5 (with Matt Smith) after new year.

mcginkel
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
It's possible that I might regret it, but to add a side-note: I've thought about buying one for some time now. There are some console exclusives like Read dead Redemption that I'd like to play.

On graphics performance, the only console I have is a Wii and we all know how great those graphics are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I've played AC 1&2 on my pc, which is a Q6600, 3GB RAM, ATI HD 5750. Both games run great @ 1440x900 (19" monitor, doesn't support higher resolution). So he step to a console wouldn't be too big I think. (besides, my mobo is quite old and the first thing I would upgrade next. Which basically gives me a new system. So much for my upgrade options http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

BloodyMoon1
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd have to say PS3 in my opinion. It has pretty good graphics, it has a wider age variety in games in my opinion, plus when I was working at Toys R Us I had at least 1 person a week coming in and asking about the red rings on there 360.

There's also the games that are exclusive to each system you should look at.

Razrback16
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcginkel:
It's possible that I might regret it, but to add a side-note: I've thought about buying one for some time now. There are some console exclusives like Read dead Redemption that I'd like to play.

On graphics performance, the only console I have is a Wii and we all know how great those graphics are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I've played AC 1&2 on my pc, which is a Q6600, 3GB RAM, ATI HD 5750. Both games run great @ 1440x900 (19" monitor, doesn't support higher resolution). So he step to a console wouldn't be too big I think. (besides, my mobo is quite old and the first thing I would upgrade next. Which basically gives me a new system. So much for my upgrade options http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You actually have a pretty decent rig. Picking up a used 5850 vid card (or 5870 even) along with a nicer monitor (which you could use anyway just for day to day computing -- 19'' is really old school) and you'd be in business. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif AC looks completely different when you're running it in 1920x1200 with 16x AF & 8x AA with maximum quality settings enabled. It's like watching an HD movie. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you end up going the console route, I'll be glad that you've finally got the Brotherhood "fix" we're all craving, but I do hope you get a chance to upgrade your rig so you can play it on the PC at some point and get the full experience.

cavemanIWHAP
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I personally like the 360. I like the feel of the controllers much better and although xbox live cost it works out here in NZ about $6/month. I had the old arcade 360 and now have the new 250GB slim and i think its much better and no more RROD.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Ps3 is a better overall system and better graphics. 360 Has a good remote and good online. Ps3 for me.

castillo123
11-19-2010, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:
My Unbiased Opinion, being an Avid PC Gamer myself. I went ahead and purchased the Xbox.

Why? Multiplayer Network seems to be better on Xbox, although it does cost money, it's not much per year. I used to own a PS1/2 and 3, and sold the PS3. Also have a Wii, but well, we all know how much play time that gets now.

Overall I am glad I went with the Xbox, it's cheaper for me which is a plus and runs just fine even if it's a 4GB version Slim.

The PS3 is nice however too though, since it is also a Blu Ray player as well, but I find some of the other aspects not as great as Xbox.

And Kinect is total hands free movement with those Kinect games, whilst PS3 you have that Ice Cream Cone looking wand for the PS Move.

All in all, coming from an AMD Phenom 965 BE, 8gb OCZ Ram, and a Toxic Edition Sapphire ATI 5850, the Xbox is almost as nice, and I think I've finally kicked PC Gaming to the Curb, although TOR is still in my sights http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All im intrested in is when you said kinect

PS2 HAD THE PLAYSTATION EYE WHICH U PLAYED GAMS LIKE THE DAMN KINECT all xbox did was impove on an outdated idea
Ps3 motion controler(yes wierd lookind) improved on a brand new idea(wii made it) which will live on I am willing to bet my life that xboxs idea will die the only part that will survive is handless in the main menu of the console CONTROLS ARE NEEDED