PDA

View Full Version : No Kills Unless 100% Necessary Playthrough- Possible?

kroen1987
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Is it possible to get through the game on Realistic without killing anyone unless you've exhausted every other possibility and there's no other way? Either way, I'm going to attemp it. Weapons upgrades? mark and execute? forget it. I won't be needing those because I'm going to be as stealthy as possible. I got the idea from this watching a playthrough on YouTube of someone, at the first mission, breaks into the mansion as loudly as possible, killing every in his way or not in his way, alerting everyone preset to his whereabouts before even getting half way through the mission. So I've looked at more playthroughs and it seems EVERYONE are playing like complete noobs. I couldn't watch further and decided that I will complete the game without anyone ever knowing I'm present. If I do have to kill someone I will make sure no one would know until it's too late and I'm off the perimiter. So, back to the question, is it possible, or does the game forces you to kill a lot in order to progress? Also, can you save at any time? this could be critical to stealth-only playthrough.
Discuss.

Dread_stunlock
06-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Whatever the guy said above, is bull, yeah you can do it in stealth and ofcourse you going to be forced to kill, but hey. Check Chaos Theory. YOu were not allowed to leave Lacerda alive.

CompassProduction I think has all videos of how to do every mission with a very little % of casualties

kroen1987
06-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Dissapointing...

I'm still trying to be as stealthy as possible. I'm already at my 50th retry at Kobin's Mansion lol...

Another question: Can I upgrade weapons with no silencer (like the Desert Eagle) to have silencers on them? Also how do I upgrade my suit? Tnx.

kroen1987
06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
wow, this is bull****... I just got to the part at cobin's mansion where all the lights open and everyone are looking for me... but thing is, I got to that part without killing or alerting anyone nor touching any lights etc. how the **** did they know I was there?

Molekulix
06-21-2010, 10:30 AM
moreover, its possible with no kills and no detections at all, but unlike previous chapters of SC series, its not that fun anymore

Boris5134
06-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Problem came with Ubisoft in its thinking that the original series of SC were too slow and was like teeth grinding to finish a mission. Yes you can play SCC stealthy to a point, but more or less they threw the idea of not killing, not disturbing, not being seen, pretty much out the window. The game as a whole doesn't flow evenly either, its kill off guards, run up to the next corner, kill all the guards around that corner, run up to the next corner and so on. While SCC is more action, they didn't put much emphasis on stealth this time around. Its basically assault with silenced weapons and the use of cover.... which we basically see again in Future Warrior, except with ridiculous new weapons and gadgets like an invisible cloaking device.

raykmy
06-22-2010, 01:57 AM
IMHO, Ubisoft did quite a good job making the game more dynamic, but it kinda forsakes the stealth part... So in that sense, it dissapoints the other Splinter Cell fans from all these years at the stealth aspect of the game, as the game lacks on some steatlh factors such as - ambience, alarms, LTLs and stuff like that?
IMO, the only part in SP that made me feel like playing a classic Splinter Cell is the first half of 3E Headquarters

Molekulix
06-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Molekulix:
moreover, its possible with no kills and no detections at all, but unlike previous chapters of SC series, its not that fun anymore
Perhaps, I'd might want take my words back. In several places you are unable to proceed till next checkpoint, until you killed all the gys with red googles. Also its qite difficult to deal with them without etection in some places. They see you through smoke, made by their smoke grenades.

insanity76
06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Dread_stunlock:
Whatever the guy said above, is bull, yeah you can do it in stealth and ofcourse you going to be forced to kill, but hey. Check Chaos Theory. YOu were not allowed to leave Lacerda alive.

Yeah, because he's an objective kill, one of only 3 objective kills in the entire game. And you can grab him, interrogate him, and kill him without anyone else ever knowing you were even on the ship.

The Cargo Ship Conviction style (in other words, super-cool sexy stealth panther-Sam style) would be: even if you manage to get near the Captain's room without ever raising any kind of suspicion the entire level to that point, you'd still hear Lacerda telling his men that Fisher must be close and to be ready ... magically knowing you're nearby, yelling all kinds of mindless childish banter and egging Fisher on. Then you bust into the room and M&E Lacerda's 2 or 3 guards, why? Because you have to kill them before the game even allows to you grab and interrogate, then eliminate the objective, Lacerda.

And don't even bring up being forced to kill in CT to defend the high number of forced killing in Conviction. You have to rack up a higher body count in the Malta alleys alone than you do in all of CT.