PDA

View Full Version : Have some question for my Steamer_SP map

Gazitron
03-31-2010, 12:02 AM
1. How to create edge explosions? For example, like in prison_break2 map (close to start).
2. How to add explosion sound to explosion fx_emitters? Cause to create sound_emitter for every explosion really annoying... ((
3. When I make teleport (sensor-appear_disappear) my player falls through the land..... maybe something wrong with teleportation speed?
4. How to make AI standing on 1 place - don't move (run, jump, etc) by easier way? For example, even when I will shoot him he has to stand on one place.
5. Have a strange bug - Ive created a monorail transport system at the mine, so, when player seats on the train he has player_control with no movements but he becomes also immortal.... why? how to fix it?
6. When I put some objects, for example, fire emitters each every time has exactly the same default parameters - one of them "autostart" parameter which makes me cry when I forget about it (I never don't need this parameter).... how to make another default settings for objects by easier way?
7. How to create slomo mode by trigger? I mean for example when you reach 5 guys and you have to eliminate them by this way automatically.

Thank you guys in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wookash_b
03-31-2010, 12:25 AM
4. Use waypoint to make enemy walk there. If there is just one waypoint AI will walk to it and stand there. You can also have the AI play some animations after it walks into the waypoint.

5. You can enable player damage when mounted to objects in PlayerControl action.

Gazitron
03-31-2010, 12:53 AM
thank you =)

seir
04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
1. How to create edge explosions? For example, like in prison_break2 map (close to start).

Add objects to level, create movie and move the objects/start FX, camera shake etc. in movie keys. See Cinematic creation tutorial to get how it works.

2. How to add explosion sound to explosion fx_emitters? Cause to create sound_emitter for every explosion really annoying... ((

act_PlaySound

3. When I make teleport (sensor-appear_disappear) my player falls through the land..... maybe something wrong with teleportation speed?

Make sure you're appearing plyer on marker and tha the marker is not under the ground.

4. How to make AI standing on 1 place - don't move (run, jump, etc) by easier way? For example, even when I will shoot him he has to stand on one place.

You need to set a behavior for him. The best way is to set bhv_LookAt, show target to look at and set EndCondition to "FALSE". The woojash's method is also good but the AI without behavior can do stupid things. Every AI have to do something, don't forget to set behavior.

5. Have a strange bug - Ive created a monorail transport system at the mine, so, when player seats on the train he has player_control with no movements but he becomes also immortal.... why? how to fix it?

When you use "PlyerControl" you need to turn to "ENABLE" the field "EnableDamage...Something" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I don't remember exact name, check it.

6. When I put some objects, for example, fire emitters each every time has exactly the same default parameters - one of them "autostart" parameter which makes me cry when I forget about it (I never don't need this parameter).... how to make another default settings for objects by easier way?

Set all the settins in FireEmitter and click "Dump Defs" in the bottom of the "Object Attributes" window. This should help - it will create .DEF file with your settings ant these will be used as defaults.

7. How to create slomo mode by trigger? I mean for example when you reach 5 guys and you have to eliminate them by this way automatically.

act_PlayerControl - "ENABLE" at "BulletTime". You have few types of Bullet Time to choose.

Gazitron
04-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Thank you Seir =)