PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's HQ

salted onions
10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Spoilers?

http://www.mmdtkw.org/TiberIsland.jpg

So apparently, this island in Rome, Tiber Island is the location of the headquarters for the Assassin's in Brotherhood. I believe it looks epic and all, and is an awesome place to have a headquarters filled with assassin's but it's a bit weird considering that it's completely obvious and out in the open. How are they so well hidden when their headquarters is right in the middle of a river, prominently open for all to see? What exactly is stopping Borgia from stomping out this place early on? Just an odd thought. Masayaf in AC1 was huge, but it's location was hidden until Altair inadvertently lead the Templars to it. And Monterrigoni was found by Cesare and destroyed in one fell swoop in the beginning of ACB. If they're capable of that, what kind of defenses do you think Tiber Island has that could keep Cesare at bay?

CasualMancer
10-27-2010, 06:46 AM
I wasn't aware that Tiber Island is their HQ, but if it is, it's pretty awesome.
As for it being stealthy and whatnot, I mean people rarely see that which is right under their eyes. Besides, the assasins headquarters per city in AC1 weren't 'open' all the time. I mean, if you had guards chasing you, the roof would be closed. Perhaps this one is similar!

Subject J80
10-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Not everything is as it seems from an aerial shot...Perhaps there is a hideout, crypt or even a tomb below the structure out of plain sight in the game....

BioPulse.ps3
10-27-2010, 07:01 AM
that looks very pretty.

Rakudaton
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
It probably won't have a big banner saying "ASSASSINS APPLY HERE" on top of it. My guess is it'll look like an ordinary building at the front, but go inside and you'll have nice courtyards and assassin training arenas.

It'd be quite cool to see your assassins being trained up. In the Cesare trailer, it shows Ezio at the head of a long hall with his assassins lined up and one approaching him for a reward or something... I'm hoping going there will be like going to Masyaf only it's all yours!

PhiIs1618033
10-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
Spoilers?

So apparently, this island in Rome, Tiber Island is the location of the headquarters for the Assassin's in Brotherhood. I believe it looks epic and all, and is an awesome place to have a headquarters filled with assassin's but it's a bit weird considering that it's completely obvious and out in the open. How are they so well hidden when their headquarters is right in the middle of a river, prominently open for all to see? What exactly is stopping Borgia from stomping out this place early on? Just an odd thought. Masayaf in AC1 was huge, but it's location was hidden until Altair inadvertently lead the Templars to it. And Monterrigoni was found by Cesare and destroyed in one fell swoop in the beginning of ACB. If they're capable of that, what kind of defenses do you think Tiber Island has that could keep Cesare at bay?
*Ahem* Robert was very much aware of Masyaf. I just started replaying AC1 a few hours ago, and just before Altair interrupts him, he says: "The sooner we have the artifact, the sooner we can deal with Masyaf." I'm 100% sure of this.

Tiber Island lies extremely well from a strategical standpoint. All the assassins really have to do if they're under siege, is to close the doors and just let stuff rain down upon the attackers. Not to mention, the citizens won't like it when their neighbourhood turns into a warzone and Ezio is skilled at crowd management. In short, it'd be no use.

tyrce111
10-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Put a big sign out front saying "Ezio Auditore is not in here!Not under any sicumstances should you go looking for him
on this island because he is clearly somewhere else like in the sky!
Quick! Look in the sky! You might see him!"

BioPulse.ps3
10-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
Put a big sign out front saying "Ezio Auditore is not in here!Not under any sicumstances should you go looking for him
on this island because he is clearly somewhere else like in the sky!
Quick! Look in the sky! You might see him!"

Shoot!! Shoot the flying demon!!

Xanatos2007
10-27-2010, 09:00 AM
If they're capable of that, what kind of defenses do you think Tiber Island has that could keep Cesare at bay?
It has a moat... sort of. And I'm sure someone at Ubi is thick enough to make Leonardo invent some sort of Predator-style cloaking device.

salted onions
10-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
*Ahem* Robert was very much aware of Masyaf. I just started replaying AC1 a few hours ago, and just before Altair interrupts him, he says: "The sooner we have the artifact, the sooner we can deal with Masyaf." I'm 100% sure of this.

Tiber Island lies extremely well from a strategical standpoint. All the assassins really have to do if they're under siege, is to close the doors and just let stuff rain down upon the attackers. Not to mention, the citizens won't like it when their neighbourhood turns into a warzone and Ezio is skilled at crowd management. In short, it'd be no use.

Ah, forgive me, I suppose I remembered wrong, I thought that when Altair broke all three tenets of the creed, he broke the one that stated "Do not compromise the brotherhood." when he botched the assassination of Robert De Sabe, leading to the attack on Masyaf, I guess I have to replay that game :P

I suppose it's a nice fortress, with a moat all, just burn down the bridges but it's still completely surrounded by all of Rome, they will always be out numbered, and they are probably out matched in weaponry as well. Who's to say Cesare won't bring in war boats to surround the castle and decimate it with cannon fire? Though probably the river is too shallow for that, I don't know the geography very well.

I don't know, maybe it'll be mostly underground, something to the effect of the Assassin tombs from AC2.

But I rather like the idea of having basically an impenetrable, obvious Assassin fortress smack dab in the middle of Rome, and it would be nice to see a little skirmish going on there at one point.

PhiIs1618033
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Ah, forgive me, I suppose I remembered wrong, I thought that when Altair broke all three tenets of the creed, he broke the one that stated "Do not compromise the brotherhood." when he botched the assassination of Robert De Sabe, leading to the attack on Masyaf, I guess I have to replay that game :P

I suppose it's a nice fortress, with a moat all, just burn down the bridges but it's still completely surrounded by all of Rome, they will always be out numbered, and they are probably out matched in weaponry as well. Who's to say Cesare won't bring in war boats to surround the castle and decimate it with cannon fire? Though probably the river is too shallow for that, I don't know the geography very well.

I don't know, maybe it'll be mostly underground, something to the effect of the Assassin tombs from AC2.

But I rather like the idea of having basically an impenetrable, obvious Assassin fortress smack dab in the middle of Rome, and it would be nice to see a little skirmish going on there at one point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My argument about the populace still stands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

salted onions
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

But I rather like the idea of having basically an impenetrable, obvious Assassin fortress smack dab in the middle of Rome, and it would be nice to see a little skirmish going on there at one point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My argument about the populace still stands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose your point is valid, but unless Ezio liberates the sections surrounding the island. I understand he's very charismatic, but there would be so much disarray, I wouldnt underestimate Cesare's leadership skills either. I'm sure the assassin's and the people wouldn't go down without a fight, but given Cesare's resources I don't think that they would be able to hold out forever. Assassins aren't the type to fight large scale wars, they would be wiped out in seconds, it's their style to take out key figures.

Caligula__
10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Tiber Island (since 1584, according to wikipedia) is now a hospital, and it is staffed by...

The Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, aren't those Templar guys?

jlorence
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Tiber Island is probably like the X-Mansion. Business above ground, party underneath.

Drakonous505
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Huh...

extrememuffin
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
Tiber Island (since 1584, according to wikipedia) is now a hospital, and it is staffed by...

omg quick somebody bomb it. the templars have taken over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

in the game however im pretty sure the assassins are not going to be dumb enough to say hey evil templar dude quess where are hide out is

salted onions
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM

"The Knights Hospitalier also known as Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Order of St. John, Knights of Malta, and Chevaliers of Malta, was one of the Christian orders with the Third Crusade; the Knights Templar being another."

From the Assassin's Creed wikia. I suppose so. That's rather odd...

And to the idea that it's like the X-mansion, I don't know that seems kind of boring, but that's just me xD. I want to walk around Tiber Island and feel like it's the Assassin Headquarters, not some random part of the city that just happens to have an underground system.

DoomKnight10
10-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Nope. Hospitaller was always different from templars. If I remember correctly, the templars got greedy during the crusade. Eventualy, after they were evil for awhile, it was decided they have to go. So one, night, every member of the Templar order was killed. That didnt happen to the hospitallers. And in-game they are still different, its just at one point their leader was secretly a templar.

camdog27
12-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Spoilers?

one of the three assassin rules.
hide in plain sight.

DarkicoN14
12-15-2010, 05:25 AM
you know tiber island is not really hidden but its not really obvious its sort of in between

Abeonis
12-15-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm more interested to know why the Isola Tiberina looks so radically different from how it does in reality... I mean, looking at the picture above, the Island has a palazzo, a church (the Basilica di San Bartolomeo all'Isola) and a fairly large structure with two distinct courtyards.

I was rather disappointed with the design of the island in-game, if I'm honest.

Grandmaster_Z
12-15-2010, 06:53 AM
lot of things in the game don't make sense. you can pick apart every single thing in the game, just wasting your breath man...

TachyonicRage
12-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
lot of things in the game don't make sense. you can pick apart every single thing in the game, just wasting your breath man...

does the game have to make sense in order to be awesome

gutarjunky
12-15-2010, 09:54 AM
if i remember correctly Cesere had no clue to where the assassin's were located throughout Rome and that is why in the game the HQ did not look too different from the outside compared to all the other buildings

that is why the assassin's hideout is a storage building they don't want to advertise their whereabouts

Geinref
12-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Also Cesare didn't even know what was going on, his dad had to tell him the Assassins killed Baron (french guy). Also a guy like Cesare is so full of himself he thought the assassins wouldn't regroup again, he was too busy trying to conquer places.

MT4K
12-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I feel like being one of those grammar guys right now so i'll tackle the word "assassins". Besides it's something i see happen a lot on the forum where people get this wrong.

Originally posted by gutarjunky:
if i remember correctly Cesere had no clue to where the assassin's were located throughout Rome and that is why in the game the HQ did not look too different from the outside compared to all the other buildings

The apostrophe is not needed in the word "assassins" in this instance because you are not talking about something that belongs to them. IE: non possessive.

Originally posted by gutarjunky:
that is why the assassin's hideout is a storage building they don't want to advertise their whereabouts

This is a good example of how an apostrophe should be used. "Assassin's hideout", the apostrophe should be there because the hideout belongs to them, hence the possessive trait.

Another example is the title of the game: Assassin's Creed. The Creed belongs to the assassins so it's theirs, hence the apostrophe to indicate the possessive trait.

This has been your friendly forum grammar policeman at your service. Keeping the streets safe from the evil apostrophes that like to show up when they're not needed and cause trouble.

Note: Do not take this post too seriously please. Thank you.

soccerblaze77
12-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jaybyrne10:
Not everything is as it seems from an aerial shot...Perhaps there is a hideout, crypt or even a tomb below the structure out of plain sight in the game....
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

nukelukespuke34
12-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
I'm more interested to know why the Isola Tiberina looks so radically different from how it does in reality... I mean, looking at the picture above, the Island has a palazzo, a church (the Basilica di San Bartolomeo all'Isola) and a fairly large structure with two distinct courtyards.

I was rather disappointed with the design of the island in-game, if I'm honest.

That's just fudging up the details from reality so it would fit gameplay better. Monteriggioni in real life looks like this:

http://www.bigazziservice.com/images/lg/Monteriggioni.jpg

...which is nothing like it is in the game.

RzaRecta357
12-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Everyone forgets some one just lent them this place as a little hideout. It was like buddies military barrack or something and no one knew of the assassins are they didn't walk around the building outside going hey were in here.

So basically, unless someone was captured and tortured they would of had to been sent to spy on an assassin.....which are like impossible to see until your dead in the game world right?