PDA

View Full Version : Traitor!

DJBare
07-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I've not seen anything, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

While playing AC2 it dawned on me that one of people working with Desmond is a traitor, I only remember Shaun and Lucy's name, cannot remember the other currently, but it occurred to me that with a willing subject (Desmond), the search would go a lot smoother and faster, what I'm saying is that Abstergo let him escape, but yet Desmond is unable to leave the present building.

So my guess, there is a traitor, Shaun is too obvious in my opinion, the girl that controls the chair, nah, shes naive in some respects, now Lucy on the other hand is the perfect traitor, she earns the trust of Desmond and he is basically willing to do anything for her, plausible?, in my opinion, very!.
your opinions please?

El_Sjietah
07-07-2010, 04:27 AM
If they wanted Desmond to escape, why did they come get him 2 days after?

Ru1986
07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Cant see them being able to make that twist work. it would be more plausable that Lucy is a Asssassin not a traitor.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
If they wanted Desmond to escape, why did they come get him 2 days after? To reinforce the deception.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Cant see them being able to make that twist work. it would be more plausable that Lucy is a Asssassin not a traitor. Yeah, I figured Lucy as being of the assassins creed, but some story tellers do love to add a twist.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 04:52 AM
I just want to remind folk that in AC1 Altiar trusted his master, and I'm willing to bet so did most of us, well that turned out to be one hell of a twist, the master of the assassins turning out corrupt.

EzioAssassin51
07-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Interesting Theory though!

But if anyone, I'd say Shaun because being obvious may be just a play to make people think 'too obvious to be a traitor' when really he is!
AHA!

But also because he was saved from Abstergo from Rebecca so maybe they recruited him and then let him escape!

Ru1986
07-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
I just want to remind folk that in AC1 Altiar trusted his master, and I'm willing to bet so did most of us, well that turned out to be one hell of a twist, the master of the assassins turning out corrupt.

MMMM very much agree with this you have clearly got your head screwed on the right way. Twas one of the best things about the first game how the Assassins Grand master turned out to be a Templar.

El_Sjietah
07-07-2010, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
If they wanted Desmond to escape, why did they come get him 2 days after? To reinforce the deception. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And lose a dozen employees in the process? I doubt it, Desmond was already convinced he was free.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 05:42 AM
And lose a dozen employees in the process? I doubt it, Desmond was already convinced he was free. "Progress demands sacrifice"

El_Sjietah
07-07-2010, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
And lose a dozen employees in the process? I doubt it, Desmond was already convinced he was free. "Progress demands sacrifice" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't mean they'll throw people's lives away just for the hell of it.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Interesting Theory though!

But if anyone, I'd say Shaun because being obvious may be just a play to make people think 'too obvious to be a traitor' when really he is! Shaun is certainly up there as a suspect, he is arrogant and controlling, but he also shows concern for the other assassins and does not treat Desmond as some kind of special case, in fact he pretty much tries to alienate Desmond, not really the best way to get someones cooperation.

DJBare
07-07-2010, 05:52 AM

That doesn't mean they'll throw people's lives away just for the hell of it. We are talking about abstergo and the templar order, who are you talking about?

lilbacchant
07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey, DJ. I've read your OP a couple of times now and I'm still not sure why you think there is a traitor ... maybe you could walk me thru it as if I were a grade schooler? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Or, are you just asking "What if?" there is one?

cgdemon894
07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
my guess on the whole storyline is that the asassin's are indeed extinct and shaun , lucy, and all the other "assassin's" are all templars made to look like assassins so that Desmond will cooperate with them easier, by mistake, the Templars ressurect the Assassin order thru Desmond who then single handedly brngs down the templar order

EzioAssassin51
07-07-2010, 08:30 PM
That's more of an eh idea because Lucy is most likely an Assassin, from what we've seen!

phil.llllll
07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
To reinforce the deception.

An interesting theory. It could be that Lucy was/is secretly working for them all along and that they let Desmond and her 'go' for some unexplained reason. I guess it all depends on what that reason is - if we're speculating I'd have to guess to deceive him into doing something that only that he'd never do if they'd asked him (what you put forth is possible). There's other things too that might point to it, such as the rather easy escape and the weak excuse that somehow Lucy was able to just loop all the cameras without a super parnoid company like Abstergo noticing.

And this is the most important bit but - It could also be said that the end was just to test how Desmond's abilities were coming along. I mean it didn't seem like they took it too seriously to try and bring him back - especially if he was so important. So they found the place - if they were really looking hard for it they must have had more than a truck load doing so - and all the sudden the doc is mysteriously with them out of all the places he could have been, and with only a few men. If they were serious, and he was as important as they were leading us on to believe, they could've gone in with a swat team to apprehend him.

That could all just be coincidence though and at this point there's nothing besides that that would give any idea of deception, I think.

El_Sjietah
07-08-2010, 03:48 AM

That doesn't mean they'll throw people's lives away just for the hell of it. We are talking about abstergo and the templar order, who are you talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About a group of very intelligent and very powerful people. Throwing peoples' lives away just because you can is never the smart thing to do.

Phil's explanation is a lot more plausible in that regard, although I still doubt it.

DJBare
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM

About a group of very intelligent and very powerful people. Throwing peoples' lives away just because you can is never the smart thing to do. Yes, intelligent, powerful, and ruthless, these are people who have no problem in sacrificing their pawns in order to achieve their goal, those security guards are a dime a dozen as far as abstergo is concerned, I maintain that at least one in the group is a traitor, I'll stay with Lucy for reasons already stated, as phil posted, it was too convenient, also phil reminded me, Lucy was the one to test the skills Desmond retained.

On the other hand maybe I'm biased, never trust a blond with a nice smile http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes, intelligent, powerful, and ruthless, these are people who have no problem in sacrificing their pawns in order to achieve their goal, those security guards are a dime a dozen as far as abstergo is concerned, I maintain that at least one in the group is a traitor, I'll stay with Lucy for reasons already stated, as phil posted, it was too convenient, also phil reminded me, Lucy was the one to test the skills Desmond retained.

Ya know, after thinking about this for a day, well, you could be onto something. Supposedly the whole impetus behind them justifying the MP for AC:B was that the Templars would be trying to recreate the animus' bleeding effect.

Since Desmond is the only one, up until now, to have managed to control the bleeding effect w/out going cuckoo, that the Templars have gleaned some technical knowledge of Desmond's progress seems reasonable -- again, given the MP in AC:B. And, of course, w/out some intel coming from inside the group, how much knowledge of his progress would they really have -- just one brief snippet when he helped take down a few guards.

On the other hand maybe I'm biased, never trust a blond with a nice smile http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The smile I can handle, some of the other parts however ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif