PDA

View Full Version : Ubi's historic blunt.

ZmeySPB
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
So I was checking my awesome book about the Crusades, when I read that the Teutonic Order was created in 1198. How could you assassinate Sibrand, then?

Kaxen6
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
@_@ Didn't Vidic say Templars messed with the history books? ...that's all I can think up...

katz_bg
02-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
@_@ Didn't Vidic say Templars messed with the history books? ...that's all I can think up... Actually Vidic said "anyone can write a book, and they can put whatever they want in it". Lucy said that half the stuff known about the templars is deliberate misinformation put out by the templars themselves.

ZmeySPB
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
but those aren't templars...

Crash_Plague
02-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ZmeySPB:
but those aren't templars...

Yet they have a connection to them in the story's logic.

ZmeySPB
02-03-2008, 05:14 PM
DOESN'T MATTER THEY SCREWED UP AND YOU KNOW IT! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Crash_Plague
02-03-2008, 05:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fine, we agree do disagree.

caswallawn_2k7
02-03-2008, 06:01 PM
history is only as accurate as the person who wrote the book. so to behonest ubi could be correct, you could be correct or they could both be totaly wrong.

Crash_Plague
02-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
history is only as accurate as the person who wrote the book. so to behonest ubi could be correct, you could be correct or they could both be totaly wrong.

Bite me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ZmeySPB
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.wonderquest.com/images/2003-08-29-hyena-teeth.jpg

BITE!

Crash_Plague
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
AHHH!!!

http://thesift.atlblogs.com/images/scared.png

SpyderNynja
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
rofl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

scotty0351
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
The Teutonic order is mostly recognized to be formed in 1190 but all books have it a little bit different.

Plewp
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
while we're pointing out historic wrongs in this game, i think they slipped up with robert as he died in 1144-1146, if memory serves. this has been bugging me for awhile...

BTOG46
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by scotty0351:
The Teutonic order is mostly recognized to be formed in 1190 but all books have it a little bit different.
"The Teutonic Order, as a new institution was confirmed by the German Crusader leader, Duke Frederick of Swabia, on November 19th, in the year 1190 and with the capture of Acre, the founders of the hospital were given a permanent site in the city. Pope Clement III confirmed this body as the "fratrum Theutonicorum ecclesiae S. Mariae Hiersolymitanae" by the Bull Quotiens postulatur of February 6, 1191"

The date of 1198 that ZmeySPB refers to is when the order was confirmed as a Military Order by the Pope.

"A ceremony purportedly held on March 5, 1198, altered the Order's raison d'etre. The patriarch of Jerusalem, the king of Jerusalem, the head of the crusading army, and the masters of the Templars and the Hospital of St. John attended the celebration establishing the Teutonic Knights as a military order. A bull by Pope Innocent III (1198--1216) dated February 19, 1199, confirmed the event and specified the Order would care for the sick according to the rule of the Hospitallers. It would conduct its other business by following the Templar rule and would wear the Temple's distinctive white cloak. Its black cross would differentiate the Teutonic Order from the Temple".

Kaxen6
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Plewp:
while we're pointing out historic wrongs in this game, i think they slipped up with robert as he died in 1144-1146, if memory serves. this has been bugging me for awhile...

Robert de Sable was leader of the Knights Templar 1191-1193 (died January 1193) Still a tad off, I suppose @_@

devilinblue22
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
i think they had to fib about a few things so that the story would run smoothly flip a couple dates changed some names iv had enough text books throughout grade school and college that had differeing dates on the same subject matter to understand that history that predates modern (in the most modern sense)times isn't an exact science ubi just pulled together some of the more exciting parts and made one helluva good game

katz_bg
02-05-2008, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plewp:

Robert de Sable was leader of the Knights Templar 1191-1193 (died January 1193) Still a tad off, I suppose @_@ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>delete your save and play through the game again. then LISTEN when Desmond asks Warren why does some of the stuff he's seeing seem to contradict the history as we know it!

gosh, don't you people get it, that all the inaccuracies are deliberate?

moqqy
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
There be loadsa historical inaccuratietieites in AC

BTOG46
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
There be loadsa people that dun carez. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Kaxen6
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plewp:

Robert de Sable was leader of the Knights Templar 1191-1193 (died January 1193) Still a tad off, I suppose @_@ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>delete your save and play through the game again. then LISTEN when Desmond asks Warren why does some of the stuff he's seeing seem to contradict the history as we know it!

gosh, don't you people get it, that all the inaccuracies are deliberate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Christ's sake, that's what I said in my first post in this thread. But relative to non-AC-land, Robert de Sable was 1191-1193 not 1144-1146 like plewp said.

Plewp
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:

gosh, don't you people get it, that all the inaccuracies are deliberate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Christ's sake, that's what I said in my first post in this thread. But relative to non-AC-land, Robert de Sable was 1191-1193 not 1144-1146 like plewp said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so.. book wrong, i'm wrong, or was i thinking of a diferant robert?

Kaxen6
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Plewp:
so.. book wrong, i'm wrong, or was i thinking of a diferant robert?

Might be a different Robert. I think Robert in AC is Robert IV or something. Darn people will all the same names...

simulacra
02-07-2008, 08:39 AM
The biggest error is that the templars and the hashasheen were enemies, templars payed tribute to the hashasheen so they wouldn't assasinate templars and attack templar strongholds, this is because they recognized the threat that the hashasheen posed...

moqqy
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
There be loadsa people that dun carez. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but ther ar moar who cares

katz_bg
02-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
There be loadsa people that dun carez. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but ther ar moar who cares </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah? the two people who care are more?
tell me how historically correct Prince of Persia is, and tell me how many people cared.

moqqy
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

but ther ar moar who cares </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah? the two people who care are more?
tell me how historically correct Prince of Persia is, and tell me how many people cared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how acīrate wer pink flyin elefant??? noin!!! so wat sah you

ZmeySPB
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by simulacra:
The biggest error is that the templars and the hashasheen were enemies, templars payed tribute to the hashasheen so they wouldn't assasinate templars and attack templar strongholds, this is because they recognized the threat that the hashasheen posed...

actually, the Assassins were kinda everyone's enemies, it's been said they were seen as Al-Qaeda is seen today

katz_bg
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
actually, the Assassins were kinda everyone's enemies, it's been said they were seen as Al-Qaeda is seen today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
most arabs don't see Al-Qaeda like we do. we see them as terrorists, while some of them see them as saviors, the rest as trouble-magnets.

moqqy
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:

actually, the Assassins were kinda everyone's enemies, it's been said they were seen as Al-Qaeda is seen today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's wrong anyways. The Hashashin payed the templars, actually, not the otherway around.

ZmeySPB
02-07-2008, 01:45 PM
why did you change it lol

EDIT: nevermind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moqqy
02-07-2008, 02:06 PM
why did you change it lol

EDIT: nevermind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Why did you change your post?

ZmeySPB
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM