PDA

View Full Version : Anima + Animus

Loopy804
07-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Hey, i'm new so go easy on me. I've been reading through the forums and your ideas and theories are great. Just wanted to add something for you guys to speculate on...

Alright, i was reading through the wikipedia page for the Carl Jung theory of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus, and there's (4 but i want to focus on 3 for now)stages/names mentioned... Eve, Mary (Maria?) and Sofia. I've heard Sofia is going to be a character in Revelations so, you think this has anything to do with anything or am i just reading too much into things?

lukaszep
07-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Well, i'm sure it's no coincedence about the names, but whether the whole stages part comes into the story i don't know. It does seem likely. But the word animus means "soul", what your reading about is a theory on everyones inner state.
I remember reading about this a while ago and, didn't think much of it, but actually reading the "Jungian Cautions" section, actually made me think about the whole "nexus" thing that like Altair, Ezio and Desmond together. Interesting.

dchil279
07-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Desmond-Eve
Ezio-Sofia
Altair-Mary (Maria)
(3rd ancestor)-Helen

?

I don't think that this is really important to the plot of the game, but I don't think it beyond Ubi to use this as the basis to name their characters.

kriegerdesgottes
07-08-2011, 09:38 AM
hmm interesting.

lukaszep
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Hold on a second, do you think that could suggest the 3rd ancestor is Greek? That also adds up with the seals supposedly being the greek stones seen in the teaser reveal trailers.
I know that all the other times don't fit, with Altair and Mary etc. but it would be cool.

CRUDFACE
07-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Did you guys notice, that when the animus computer code shows up in the black room, it's categorized as Anima files instead of Animus or even Animai? Maybe in the Ac universe, Anima focusses as the inner force, animus on the other hand are forces that influence us or make us up.

Loopy804
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't think that this is really important to the plot of the game, but I don't think it beyond Ubi to use this as the basis to name their characters.

Yeah i agree with you there. I just saw it and thought i'd throw it out there. But then again who knows? I'm really impressed by these games and how you are left to speculate.