PDA

View Full Version : Assassination techniques (side missions)

Eleeist-ST
12-09-2009, 04:09 AM
I am now trying to do side missions in Florecia. You have to kill certain people without being noticed.

Some of them are easy, but others are located in places where it is very hard to reach them unnoticed.

The targets are surrounded with civilians and are located in small "cells" (gardens)...

What do you recommend? I was trying everything - from throwing money, hiring courtesans and thieves, throwing knifes etc... They were just shouting like crazy and mission was failed...

luqq
12-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Wait to have the Medici cape (after SQ6) to do not raise the notoriety level.

thekyle0
12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Puczu:
I am now trying to do side missions in Florecia. You have to kill certain people without being noticed.

Some of them are easy, but others are located in places where it is very hard to reach them unnoticed.

The targets are surrounded with civilians and are located in small "cells" (gardens)...

What do you recommend? I was trying everything - from throwing money, hiring courtesans and thieves, throwing knifes etc... They were just shouting like crazy and mission was failed... It doesn't matter if civilians see you do it. You only have to do it without the target noticing you. Even if the guards notice you, as long as the target doesn't see the guards expose you then it's still ok.
The easiest option is to take them out from above. I think this should be possible if I'm thinking of the right mission. Is it called, "Needle in a Haystack"?

Edengoth
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I think "Needle in a Haystack" is the one in Tuscany where you can jump into the hay from a viewpoint in the countryside and hidingspot-to-assassinate the target.
What's "Florencia"? Do you mean Florence/Firenze? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

thekyle0
12-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
I think "Needle in a Haystack" is the one in Tuscany where you can jump into the hay from a viewpoint in the countryside and hidingspot-to-assassinate the target.
What's "Florencia"? Do you mean Florence/Firenze? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif No, Needle in a Haystack is one from Florence, which is the city name most closely resembling what the OP typed. It's a mission which has you hunting in a large area located barely north-west of Santa Maria Novella. There are a lot of gardens in that area which lead me to believe that's the mission he's struggling with.

Edengoth
12-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh, yeah! That one! *lightbulb moment* Definitely go with air-to-assassinate.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
A great way to deal with not being seen is to hire courtesans, then walk forward for a bit, and stop. The courtesans will surround you and move with you. As long as you slow walk, you will consistently blend with them and can move in easily toward your target without being noticed by anyone. Also, as shown in a trailer for the game, you can use poision to get a nearby guard to kill your target, or simply hire mercenaries to kill the guy while you run off to your next destination

thekyle0
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Harshvurthun:
Also, as shown in a trailer for the game, you can use poision to get a nearby guard to kill your target That never works. The guards don't do enough damage to kill somebody until they've hit the person 3 times. Also, the targets don't walk straight into the guards weapon like what happened in that video, and they don't go for coins if you throw them. Basically, the poison only works for distractions and for getting the opportunity to escape the scene before the guards are alerted.