PDA

View Full Version : Looking for deck crew and sound mods

jg1234
09-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Folks,

I play IL2 1946 ( version 4.09) offline.

I don't have much change to play frequently so the stock version works well. I would like to add some mods/enhancements if I could. They are below. ( I researched the Ultra Pack - but based on what I read it's a little too ambitious or possibly overkill for what I am looking for currently)

- A quick mission enhancement pack ( I think have that covered with the Uber Quick Mission program )
- Aircraft Carrier deck crews
- Maybe a sound pack with different weapons sounds. ( I particularly would like the cannons to sound more distinct/powerful)

Do any of you more seasoned players have suggestions or use any of these type add ons. - particularly the deck crew and sounds?

Thanks in advance - jg1234

b2spirita
09-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Mods are bad man. Don't you know? They're really bad. Like terrible.

Even though they take nothing away from the makers of the game.

But seriously, this place has a really silly view on mods. Hope someone can answer you properly though.

FoolTrottel
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Better use Google, or ask at the sites / forums directly related to mods.

As b2spirita hinted, there are rules here that do not allow using links to these un-official mods.

Have Fun!

jg1234
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Folks,

I didn't mean to stray from the topic. I didn't realize mods weren't discussed here but it makes sense.

I will post somewhere else if I need information.

-jg1234

Luno13
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
- Aircraft Carrier deck crews

You can have carrier gunner crews if you mess with the configuration file (I think it's "3dGunners=1").