PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Evo users-a little help here!

CRSutton
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I had mine for almost two years and when booting up and using the stick have always had to go to my control panel, click on game controllers, higlight the stick, click properties and then calibrate the stick. Have to do it every time is use it. X/Y axis is always out.

The other day I got the bright idea to download the latest driver. Nope, still needs calibration whenever I use it but now when I go to the control panel, and click on properties, I can test my stick but there is no gol dang button to calibrate.

How do I calibrate the stick now? It is got to be easy but I am used to the old way.

CRSutton
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I had mine for almost two years and when booting up and using the stick have always had to go to my control panel, click on game controllers, higlight the stick, click properties and then calibrate the stick. Have to do it every time is use it. X/Y axis is always out.

The other day I got the bright idea to download the latest driver. Nope, still needs calibration whenever I use it but now when I go to the control panel, and click on properties, I can test my stick but there is no gol dang button to calibrate.

How do I calibrate the stick now? It is got to be easy but I am used to the old way.

berg417448
12-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Mine has a "settings" tab next to "test". If I click on that the calibrate button is there. I don't do that however. I just circle the stick and rudder all the way through maximum movements a couple of times and it takes care of itself.

Kuna15
12-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I always check two dots in Input Controller settings page within game. In Properties (winXP ctrl panel) I don't have option to calibrate so my EVO must be self-calibrating one.

CRSutton
12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks all, the new driver makes my evo a self calibrating model. Problem was that you have to go into the registry and manually delete one folder to get it to work. Got that at the Saitek support page. It is now working normally and self calibrating.

To those other evo jocks out there. If yours is not self calibrating then you should update to the latest driver and it should be then. But remember, if it is not working correctly, check out the support page for the name and instructions for removing the one remaining file from the registry. It is easy to do.

Deedsundone
12-21-2005, 07:12 AM
I just wiggle it around in alla axis before I start a game...violá,calibrated.

JSG72
12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted Wed December 21 2005 06:12
I just wiggle it around in alla axis before I start a game...violá,calibrated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me Too!