PDA

View Full Version : Corsair take off problem

Kuikueg
12-19-2004, 11:27 AM
I know this has been discussed before and I have read some of the post related, but still, I am unable to take off a carrier (like in take off mission 1) with a Corsair. If anyone has managed to do it I'd like to have some hint, or description or track so to learn the how-to of it.

Thanks, comrades

mortoma
12-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Mission 1 of what??? Single mission?? Campaign??
Which mission are you talking about? I see a lot of posts in here asking for help but often times
people are not explicit enough. Please give more details.

wavz
12-19-2004, 12:05 PM
What seems to work for me is to set the throttle all the way up, let it sit at full throttle for a few seconds, keep the flaps in the raised position, drop the chocks, and when you are about a planes length away from the end of the deck bring the flaps to take off and raise that gear! Now it is still kinda hard to take off but when you get it down you can do it almost every time. Best way to do it is to practice it in the single missions, and if you can make it a bit harder by adding bombs,(It makes the plane heavier)

Kuikueg
12-19-2004, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
Mission 1 of what??? Single mission?? Campaign??
Which mission are you talking about? I see a lot of posts in here asking for help but often times
people are not explicit enough. Please give more details. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously single training take off mission for Corsair, any of them, which other could it be?

Tully__
12-19-2004, 12:41 PM
You're not going to be going fast enough to fly easily at the end of the deck. Don't try to climb, hold the stick back just enough to keep the plane from settling all the way into the sea.

Get the landing gear up the moment you're clear of the deck.

It will help a bit if you reduce the fuel load to 25%. In the default single missions all the aircraft have 100% fuel. Once you've got a few takeoffs under your belt, you can bump the fuel load back up and try again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

VW-IceFire
12-19-2004, 12:45 PM
BTW: Don't expect to be able to lift off the deck with all armament options. Some of them simply weigh too much for a carrier borne Corsair to carry.

Not sure what the line is on this but there is one somewhere.

VMF-451_Mugsy
12-19-2004, 01:14 PM
I take off a carrier at 70% throttle at any fuel capacity with combat flaps. It depends on the carrier speed in the wind and your load out. Historically Carriers were at full speed. Such as, for the Essex class it was 32 knots or about 67 kilometers per hour. This how I have it set up for my carrier qual map for my squadron.

Kuikueg
12-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks to all for your anwsers. I have managed to take off with 50% fuel in the first take off single mission, and with bombs in a campaign mission, so I'm alright. I guess.

BSS_Vidar
12-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Corsairs took off from carriers (no catapult asstisted) with full landing flaps. Give that a try, and make sure you don't try to yank the plane in the air. Let it settle a tad holding the nose slightly above the horizon.. especialy on those short jeep-carrier decks.

S!

Fliger747
12-20-2004, 07:59 PM
And get the gear up a soon as possible. A lot of drag from those front gear leg plates. If you do hit the drink, chances of surviving were much better if the gear was 'up'. An immediate shallow right turn was initiated, to keep from getting run over by the ship it things didn't 'work out'.

CapBackassward
12-20-2004, 09:31 PM
I kept having the same problem, at first. Then I watched the AI (take the plane off) several times and I finally noticed something on the third viewing. The AI lifts the nose of the plane up the last fews seconds before it leaves the carrier. In other words - pull you nose up slightly right before you leave the carrier. Lift gear and keep the nose slightly up but not too much.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Trailryder
12-24-2004, 08:22 PM
I can't get the plane to move at all when trying to take off. There appear to be no chocks under the wheels. Or are they invisable(assumed). I have no key programmed for chocks yet. This is for an F4U carrier take off in the single missions(only mission I've tried so far).

Jason Bourne
12-24-2004, 08:39 PM
chocks are invisible, bind a key, and your done.

Akronnick
12-25-2004, 09:11 AM
You can also try setting the mix to 120%, just remember to set it back to 100% before climbing too high