PDA

View Full Version : Where did the PoEs come from?

ninja_7_7
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Did "The ones who came before" create them or did they find them on a different planet? Does Desmond consider "The ones who came before" gods?

X10J
12-06-2010, 09:41 PM
They made them.

No.

(I think)

ninja_7_7
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
They made them.

No.

(I think)
Do we have any proof that they made them? Couldnt it be the same story as the humans? How the humans are finding them now?

obliviondoll
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
They appear, from what we've seen and been told, to have a FAR greater understanding of how the Pieces of Eden work, and can manipulate them in ways most humans can't.

Not conclusive, but suggests they were made for, if not by, those who came before.

Most logical answer would be that they created them, but it's not clearly stated or confirmed anywhere I've seen.

X10J
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
They made them.

No.

(I think)
Do we have any proof that they made them? Couldnt it be the same story as the humans? How the humans are finding them now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In one of the glyph puzzles it mentions a discovery of a neurotransmitter capable of controling the mind (or something like that). And its implied that the PoEs may work that way. And therefore that humans are built to be controlled by the PoEs.

Edit:Here is what I was talking about. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhY-vgYdt8&feature=channel)

LightRey
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
They made them.

No.

(I think)
Do we have any proof that they made them? Couldnt it be the same story as the humans? How the humans are finding them now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In one of the glyph puzzles it mentions a discovery of a neurotransmitter capable of controling the mind (or something like that). And its implied that the PoEs may work that way. And therefore that humans are built to be controlled by the PoEs.

Edit:Here is what I was talking about. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhY-vgYdt8&feature=channel) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To give a simple explanation about what exactly that means to those who don't understand:
nerves use neurotransmitters to send signals to other nerves. basically they're chemicals that are transmitted to the next nerve. If enough neurotransmitters are received by a nerve it will respond. Therefore if one could control the release of these neurotransmitters, one could control humans.
However it also implies that, because it's a seperate neurotransmitter, one could also use willpower to counteract the effect of a PoE on the mind.