PDA

View Full Version : TIR4 new price.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Got a email from natural point today claiming a new price TrackIR 4:PRO: $179.95(original price) $129.95(new price)

Pretty nice discount for anyone interested.

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Got a email from natural point today claiming a new price TrackIR 4:PRO: $179.95(original price) $129.95(new price)

Pretty nice discount for anyone interested.

S!

TheFamilyMan
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
It's about time they did this. Always though it was about $75 to $100 overpriced. BTW, this (http://www.gogamer.com/TrackIR-4--Pro-Premium-Optical-Head-Tracker-Front-Page_stcVVproductId5589599VVcatId444710VVviewprod. htm) is where I got mine about 2 year ago, best reliable deals for them I've ever seen.

IMO TrackIR4 should be considered as required hardware for IL-2, along with AAA's excellent 6DOF TIR mod. Those who pooh-pooh TIR have NO idea what they are missing out on. (But hell, who am I to give any sort of recommendation around here).

redhornet07
10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
This is the deal:
http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/product-TrackClip-PRO.html

The TIR4 Pro with the 3 l.e.d. headset clip, all for $149. That's what I've been saving for and I'll be ordering it very, very soon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

knightflyte
10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Another unsuspecting soul enters the Track IR cult. WELCOME!

It truly is a marvelous device to add immersion to the game. It will dramatically increase your situational awareness. Rolling Scissors are a blast. Passing under a flaming Pe 8 is a joy to behold as you fly on by while admiring your handy work.

I was without one for 2 months. I couldn't play IL2 and enjoy it. It was horrible. I went through withdrawal symptoms. Sweaty palms. Palpitations. I just had to get me a Pro 4 right away.

Stiletto-
10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I can't believe I got my Track IR2 almost 5 years ago! People are still amazed at it (and think I'm crazy) and I tell them I have had this thing for half a decade. Now with 6 DOF in Il2 and Sow and RoF on the horizone, I am seriously contemplating getting a new one.

I'm still wondering if it's worth the price for upgrading, I'm sure it will be better and more fun no doubt but thats a hefty tag just for the extra movement... Do you think a TrackIR 5 is on the horizon? I think I'd just wait for the next best thing since the 4 has been out for a good while now. Still its good to see the price drop.

knightflyte
10-09-2008, 11:27 PM
One of the Natural Point folks stopped by about a year ago. From memory he said not to expect anything before the end of next year - '08.

I look at the expense of a Track IR as an integral part of my hobby. I started modeling again last year..... (styrene, not GQ)..... and I easily spent over $250 for a good selection of paints, glues, applicaes, masking material, xacto blades, clamps et al, and two 48 scale models.

It's all relative. I wouldn't forgo necessities to get a Track IR, but with expendable money, I'll save for what makes my hobby fun, and more enjoyable. For me the price is easily worth it.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stiletto-:
I can't believe I got my Track IR2 almost 5 years ago! People are still amazed at it (and think I'm crazy) and I tell them I have had this thing for half a decade. Now with 6 DOF in Il2 and Sow and RoF on the horizone, I am seriously contemplating getting a new one.

I'm still wondering if it's worth the price for upgrading, I'm sure it will be better and more fun no doubt but thats a hefty tag just for the extra movement... Do you think a TrackIR 5 is on the horizon? I think I'd just wait for the next best thing since the 4 has been out for a good while now. Still its good to see the price drop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a buddy got from TIR2 to TIR4 and he claimed the difference was night and day.

S!

LEBillfish
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Been that price for a few months, and they stopped all discounts making them all a standard $10....Yet that's $10 off 129.95, so $119.95.

K2

P.FunkAdelic
10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Significant price drop might indicate a stock clearance attempt in lieu of a new release as yet unannounced.