PDA

View Full Version : for those of you with saitek x52 problems

ashley2005
09-12-2005, 06:03 AM
E. G the throttle not going to 0% or the sliders or something wrong with the stick ..i emailed saitek about my throttle and they got back to me ..heres what you do and it works

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

ashley2005
09-12-2005, 06:03 AM
E. G the throttle not going to 0% or the sliders or something wrong with the stick ..i emailed saitek about my throttle and they got back to me ..heres what you do and it works

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

Te_Vigo
09-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Is that with the newer Microsoft WHQL drivers released in June/ August, or the original drivers.
I noticed with the newer drivers the rotaries and throttle and thumb slider and stick itself is rather very twitchy.

JunkoIfurita
09-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Interesting - has this worked for you?

Basically what that's doing is deleting the X-52s Direct Input profile. Next time you plug the stick in it re-creates the profile. I guess their hoping that your profile is 'corrupt' and re-creating it will fix the input problems.

However, I have my doubts - your issues are pretty common across the board with the old firmware X-52s. If it was a matter of Direct Input profiles becoming corrupted, firstly not everyone would be experiencing the same problem. Also, even if it WAS, there's no reason that the profile wouldn't become corrupt again - seeing as though they haven't attended the cause of the corruption.

Which I'm guessing still comes down to faulty hardware.

Anyway, if this HAS worked for you (and try it out for a week or two to be sure), then by all means post here again, because I'd be interested to know that it actually has solved things.

I'm afraid it may just be tech support running damage control, though. They should have run a recall on the first series of sticks but didn't, and now they're trying to minimise the returns.

----

ashley2005
09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
it worked for about an hour then BAM!! back to its old self http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Te_Vigo
09-12-2005, 07:57 PM
If you updated the drivers from the MS Update site, roll back the drivers to previous.

USB first then HID, then reboot

Saitek are shooting themselves in the foot on this (quality control)and the magic mouse/ intellimouse debacle

A problem that's been known about since 2001 (at least with intellimouse and laptop mice)

ashley2005
09-13-2005, 09:39 AM
the saitek magic mouse is the best feature on the saitek ..makes panning round the cockpit well easy .its like finger track ir o_O

L33T-Zoolander
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ashley2005:
the saitek magic mouse is the best feature on the saitek ..makes panning round the cockpit well easy .its like finger track ir o_O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My X52 functions reliably, since I disabled "the best feature". I.e. The Magic Fugazi Mouse From Hell.

For panning around in game, I use an amazing HID called a mouse. It's works just like a TrackIR, or a Magic Mouse, but instead of using your head, or your finger, you use a mouse.

Good Hunting,
Zoo

JunkoIfurita
09-14-2005, 12:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it worked for about an hour then BAM!! back to its old self Angry Blue Guy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought so. Deleting that Registrey Key isn't actually doing anything. If you just unplugged/replugged your USB plug without deleting anything, it'd behave exactly the same.

I just do a lot of plug-shuffling. It's not perfect, but it works (mind you it takes a couple of hours of inactivity for my stick to start losing some of its range of movement/shift the mouse)

----

Vacillator
09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Believe me, mouse panning (magic or not) is not just like TrackIR. Using an 'artificial' method of shifting view can't begin to rival the instinctiveness of using your head like you would in real life. It also can't begin to be as controllable and responsive.
If you don't believe me I suggest trying TIR and see what you think. It's the best bit of hardware I've bought for this game.

ashley2005
09-15-2005, 03:25 PM
the reg deletting thing works to some extent i was having troubles deleted worked again for a few hours then went back to old self ..so i delete every day use for a few hours delete again ..annopying but cant think of anything else

1.JaVA_Hornet
09-16-2005, 04:05 PM
What i do is the following

Before you start your pc be aware that your slider is down.
That works for me.