PDA

View Full Version : Idea to help 1C profits and cover costs and helping add more planes

Eraser_tr
12-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I thought of something.

The M$ sims have alot of payware sites where you can buy specific planes. Why not set up something similar, but done by the devs. A small amount($5-20 depending on how much is included) would be charged for a small addition(like the russian only addons but downloadable from anywhere) Similar to how sites like Aeroplane Heaven and Alpha Simulations do. That way, 1C:maddox would gain extra profit to help pay modelers, pay for use of the trademarks and keep development going.

With a large community, it would be of little cost to players to get addons, and would help the really help the devs alot.

TacticalYak3
12-17-2004, 01:18 PM
It could work, provided standards were maintained. It might, however, cause some division within the online community with compatibility issues, since not everyone might be as interested in specific (and small) addons.

And why stop at the planes. What about maps and other objects too mate.

Eraser_tr
12-17-2004, 01:24 PM
online is the problem. perhaps there could be a generic placeholder model for those that don't have the plane but the game would still simulate the performance when online?

standards would be the same since it would be just like now, but with oleg making money off of ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif From experience, people expect a certain level of quality anyway, and even if not strictly enforced, high standards still hold up.

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 01:27 PM
The only way of supporting Maddox team directly is open support account for them and help out. That`s the only way i see it. No third party, no game destributors... direct financial support, as much as you can, even if it`s a dollar. That`s how i see it.

JG51Beolke
12-17-2004, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
The only way of supporting Maddox team directly is open support account for them and help out. That`s the only way i see it. No third party, no game destributors... direct financial support, as much as you can, even if it`s a dollar. That`s how i see it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would send him a check for a reasonable amount of cash, say, 100.00. I'm sure if more chipped in, with even much less. Given the amount of Flight Simm enthusiasts, that could be a nice chunk of change. Although, I'd expect the plane to be developed in a reasonable time and then able to be included into the game at anytime.

Oleg said, the tools will be made available for the modellers, he'd just have to change the way planes can be added in the game, I guess.

Best Regards

Eraser_tr
12-17-2004, 02:32 PM
But this would be direct support, we'd be paying for addon planes made available by 1C:maddox. Patches should definetly remain completely free though.

asurob11963
12-17-2004, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
The only way of supporting Maddox team directly is open support account for them and help out. That`s the only way i see it. No third party, no game destributors... direct financial support, as much as you can, even if it`s a dollar. That`s how i see it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said in a previous post. I would be happy to send Maddox money for new planesets. I think this sim is easily the best one I have played in 20 years of computer gaming (I am old :P). Getting new planes for free is nice...but putting down 5 to 25 dollars for a new patch ...if it will keep the sim alive and offset the costs of American lawyers (Im an american :P)...hell it would be more then worth the countless hours I have played and will play.

StG77_Fritz_X
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Forgive my ignorance but arent we already paying for new planes when buying the CD-ROM? ... or are y'all haX0Rz orso? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Eraser_tr
12-17-2004, 07:28 PM
yeah but there are alot of planes that the series gets that aren't on the cd's we buyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'd pay and I'm sure plenty of others would to download their torpedo bombers as flyables and other planes(like the u4 and p4n once N-G is pleased)

AlmightyTallest
12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm with Eraser on that, plenty would would be willing to pay for the chance to download their favorite aircraft as a flyabe in PF FB AEP. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Latico
12-17-2004, 11:26 PM
I was think about the comparison between what we got from Microsoft against what we recieved from 1c Maddox.

We paid about the same for both sims.

As for flyable aircraft we didn't get squat from MS as compared to 1c Maddox.

Graphics? CFS and CFS2 don't hold a candle to FB/AEP/PF

Comparing the two sims item for item, we got FB/AEP/PF dirt cheap for what we paid for it.

nyarla2
12-18-2004, 09:38 AM
I`d pay 25 each for flyable Tempest, Mosquito, Lancaster, Sunderland.
I`d pay 60 for a WW1 sim of IL2 quality then pay for expansions.
I`d pay for a Malta Campaign.
I will be buying BoB preorder as soon as I can.
Yes there are problems with the IL2 series and I wish they had never gone down the Pacific road, apart from the carriers, Beaufighter and the Seafire, but it is still the best flightsim I have ever played and I started on a Spectrum.
I think I must have spent a couple of thousand on software over the years and I hate to think how much in Hardware.
Anyway if I take my Rib out it it costs me 60 an hour in fuel alone never mind towing, launch costs, cylinder fills, service costs.
Oh my other hobby is diving.
Oh and the other one is motorcycles.
Yes no doubt about it Flightsims are the cheapone.

nyarla2
12-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Oh and I`ve dived on an Avenger in the Firth of Forth about 12 miles from where I live in Fife.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/nyarla2/Avenger.jpg

actionhank1786
12-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Who knows where i need to go to Copyright the entire landmass of all of Japan?
This is my idea to make MILLIONS!!!
Map makers and the people responsible for every years new edition of "JAPAN!!! THE MAP!!!!" will hate me.