PDA

View Full Version : Problems to fly in formation ? a US navy 1953 training film

Wildnoob
06-11-2008, 08:17 AM
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1997892837826774725

as far as I know, this video was already posted here at least one time. I just don't remember the name of the member who posted it, credits are from him or her.

I are without my PC and consequently IL2 for about a month. and very excited to try put in pratic the lessons I think I learn watching this film when I get it back.

I always had problems to make formation fligths, I already even think the sim has something wrong, couldn't be that hard. but, watching this video I learn that I make many mistakes. the major one was that I never had place the wings with the leader's ones. in fact, in the 3 plane formation fligth for example, I've always try place my wings with the aircraft on my side, not with the leader.

I think I also learned how to make turns in formation. the wingman from the side the turn should be make should drop down before starting to turn, to not loose the formation.

this video is excellent, but my fonetic in English is not very good, and I would like to make a question. at beginning of the video it's cited that in 3 plane formation the wings of the wingmans should be placed under leader wings and it's fuselage, isn't ?

if I understand correctly should be that. just would like to confirm.

I hope this video help many people. good lucky with yours formation fligths folks !

Wildnoob
06-11-2008, 08:17 AM
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1997892837826774725

as far as I know, this video was already posted here at least one time. I just don't remember the name of the member who posted it, credits are from him or her.

I are without my PC and consequently IL2 for about a month. and very excited to try put in pratic the lessons I think I learn watching this film when I get it back.

I always had problems to make formation fligths, I already even think the sim has something wrong, couldn't be that hard. but, watching this video I learn that I make many mistakes. the major one was that I never had place the wings with the leader's ones. in fact, in the 3 plane formation fligth for example, I've always try place my wings with the aircraft on my side, not with the leader.

I think I also learned how to make turns in formation. the wingman from the side the turn should be make should drop down before starting to turn, to not loose the formation.

this video is excellent, but my fonetic in English is not very good, and I would like to make a question. at beginning of the video it's cited that in 3 plane formation the wings of the wingmans should be placed under leader wings and it's fuselage, isn't ?

if I understand correctly should be that. just would like to confirm.

I hope this video help many people. good lucky with yours formation fligths folks !

joeap
06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Great find!!! I'll watch it when I can.

Lurch1962
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Just watched it. I LOVE those "olde tyme" films of yesteryear!